Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic Pro with Stuck on RTH Button
1690 5 2017-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ivan7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118504 ft
Indonesia

I did my first flight today in a field.  Calibrated it cleanly and pressed auto take and up she went.  I then tried to gain altitude and as I did the RTH initiated.  I canceled it and tried to gain altitude again and the RTH initiated again.  I let it do its thing and the Mavic politely climber to 30M (RTH Height) locked on to the home point and then began to land.  I tried this for 3 or flights and it behaved the same way.  I checked the logs and every time I canceled the RTH it initiated again.

What I found on the controller was that if you click the RTH button it makes a beep but interestingly enough if you press on the body of the controller near the RTH button a beep is heard.  Even pressing the the back (top edge) of the controller half way accross causes a beep.

Has anyone ever seen this behaviour before.  Hoping I don't have to send the controller back.

Thanks in advance.

BTW it was very stable but I had only a small taste of it.
2017-1-27
Use props
Ivan7
lvl.2
Indonesia

Note, I just tried the simulator and the issue is not there.  Flights are fine and the RTH works.  I also should nit (to myself) that a single beep is not enough to execute RTH with the button.  the button needs to be held down for a sec or two.  So I guess I am still a little confused.  Will try again in the field tomorrow to see if the same occurs.
2017-1-27
Use props
Ivan7
lvl.2
Indonesia

I flew today with no issues after I swapped out my Iphone 6s plus with an Iphone 7.  I will try the 6s plus tomorrow to see if the issue comes back and then I think I can put this down to a hardware issue (perhaps on the lightning connector).
2017-1-28
Use props
DWM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 216903 ft
Australia

I've seen this issue on the controller of my new Mavic Pro (purchased last week). Pressing on the case near the RTH button will cause the controller to beep. There is slight movement when I press the case, so I suspect a poorly glued/screwed assembly. Interestingly, pressing on the case will stop the RTH button being depressed.
2017-6-24
Use props
Artillery
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have this issue all the time but its hard to say if its the controller. Its also hard to say if maybe everywhere I seem to go there is interference which also always comes up as a reason to RTH. The UK is busy and dense but it seems to be ALL the time. I find if I fly it higher as quick as I can and then cancel the RTH it sometimes settles down, but 80% of the time it will try and land as soon as its taken off.
2018-2-5
Use props
Artillery
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ill try your tips about the button sticking but don't really see how this is resolveable
2018-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules