We need help from DJI
1153 6 2015-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Senda
lvl.1

Austria

Dji fix the bugs. We payed al lot of Money for this produkt. After reading here i dont wanna fly anymore, it is dangerous for the aircraft and for the people around me. The Inspire is a amazing drone but pls finish your duty dji..... :@
2015-2-18
Use props
jaanus
lvl.2
Finland

Completely agree on that issues should be fixed but to be completely honest I don't think issues are as many and as severe as it looks like by just looking around the forum

First: All issues are posted here but very few success stories are posted so it's hard to get idea of percentage of issues vs properly working machines

Second: For example many (not all tho) of these fly-away issues can be accounted to loosing GPS and bird being on the atti mode (remember, many fly-aways have somehow managed to land even is "all control was lost")  This in turn actually then partly comes down to piloting skills instead of just fault in the machine as even if machine is working properly you'll always have a change to lose GPS signal

Third: This is kind of asshole thing to say, but I'm pretty sure that not all issues posted here are completely honestly described. Meaning it's quite easy to say that IMU/Compass calibration was properly done on the pre-flight when there's been issues in hopes of getting support/reimbursement/service from DJI.

Fourth: Not all issues are really issues. For example today's thread around possibility to turn off motors mid-flight is considered an issue by some and posted as such. For me (and many others I'm guessing) this is standard feature and I would be amassed if this possibility wouldn't be there

Just my 2 cents tho
2015-2-18
Use props
jetswing
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2072894 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, there are definitely legitimate issues/bugs that people are dealing with. Most of them are minor enough you can deal with. I can also see some not so experience flyer not being able to deal with certain issues (i.e. losing gps) and getting into real trouble. I've personally dealt with minor issues over first a dozen flights. I've learned to deal with them and  never complained.

The real problem I have with is DJI is after-sales support. It's terrible. No other ways to put it. Dealing with minor bugs on Inspire nothing compared to the frustration you'll be dealing with if you ever have to go through their support. The camera on my Inspire complete stopped working within less than a week. I had to ship it back to DJI at my own expense and I'll be grounded for at least 2-3 weeks it sounds like. This is not the level of support you would expect to receive for a $3000 product.

This is a stark contrast to a support I've received for my $1200 computer monitor. Once they determined there was a hardware issue, a replacement was shipped out immediately via 2nd-day express with return shipping label included. My out of pocket cost was nil!

Pray that you'll only be dealing with minor issues that won't ground you.
2015-2-18
Use props
Senda
lvl.1

Austria

I dont want to discribe the problems because my english is pretty bad.

What i wanted to say is the fakt that a lot of the machines have major problems with gimbal or camera or the battery.
I understand the issues that can be fixed by an update but there are too many consumers out there having the major problems and this is not good.  
I loved it to fly with my Phantom 2 there was no problem with it and i flew anytime without thinking on failures.
I just enjoyed the copter   
They have enough experience to build a high quality machine and they allso sell it like that, i think they releassed it to early and thats the problem here.  

Maybe im just scared now because the inspire is so expensive, i dont have any problems with my inspire for now, i have just a bad feeling when im flying.

Thank you for the answers.
2015-2-19
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

My advice to all.....practice flying in ATTI....even if on the simulator....it will pay off when things go south.
2015-2-19
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Senda, I am one of the ones experiencing issues with my inspire. I went into this with my eyes wide open knowing that there would be issues with the inspire. I can say this, when mine was working it was a dream to fly. I was getting great useable footage. I can still get some useable footage from my inspire but now with the issues I am having,  to get 2 min of good I have to go through 12 min of bad... I have always planned on getting several inspires to add to my equipment inventory because I know problems will occur and I will have to ship one in for service. I am hesitant to order a second one without knowing exactly what the problem is with my inspire. If I could just get a clear answer on what the problem is I would have no problem ordering more but the silence makes me loose trust in DJI. If you have a need for an inspire I would say go for it. It really is a great tool but go in with your eyes open and know that there may be issues. There are plenty of people flying these things problem free and I am sure soon I will be among them once again... Hopefully DJI is taking notes on this whole release and have the balls to try something different on their next go around.
2015-2-19
Use props
tahosrfr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 463182 ft
United States

I'm with ya'all one this. Luckily no probs yet but being new I'm extremely nervous when up there.  A little surprised esp with all the legal stuff that could c/o catastrophic failures that DJI hasn't posted Bulletin after Bulletin or increased any software or firmware updates.

Jm2c
2015-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules