Gimbal Motor Overload/No Movement
1665 3 2017-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5eb3fbe6
lvl.1

United States

Got my drone out today, powered everything up as normal, noticed gimbal moved side to side, no pitch movement and no change in camera angle. On the staus screen of the app I had Gimbal Overload and an error stating that the compass was stuck and to restart the aircraft. Powered every thing down and restarted, same results. 3rd time was a charm, I did not have the compass error but the problem with the gimbal is still there. The gimbal does make a humming noise when you physically move the pitch of the gimbal (as if its try to correct itself) and the camera will not tilt using the RC or the App and the "tilt meter?" on the app is not hightlighted, however when you physically tilt the camera it does become highlighted. Firmware is up to date, App is up todate, compass calibrated, IMU calibrated, attempted to calibrate gimbal....gimbal rotates side to side but not up and down and camera doesnt move. When the aircraft is powered of the gimbal moves freely on all 3 axis. Any feed back would be appreciated.

2017-1-27
Use props
Xr8edute
New

Australia

I have a 1 day old phantom 4 pro plus that is also showing gimbal motor overload.  Keen to learn possible cause too.
2017-2-1
Use props
whirly bird
lvl.1

United States

Found my problem. Gimbal ribbon was fried.
20170131_095924.jpg
2017-2-1
Use props
whirly bird
lvl.1

United States

Now if I knew exactly was caused the ribbon to fry, I could put my mind to rest.
2017-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules