Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
8JlJDKadkPox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6698904 ft
  • >>>
Uruguay

Hi,
Today I took off my P4P in P Mode, with an almost new (5 charges) and fully charged battery. Ascended vertical with full power to 120mt and after hovering for one or two minutes I noticed a Red Battery Damage warning on my DJI Go4 upper panel. At same moment the 2 rear LEDs started Red blinking.

I descended and landed inmediatly with further incidents other than my higher heart rate, because the red flags were on until I turned off the aircraft.

Flight lasted no more than 5 or 6 minutes.
I took a screen picture of my app and checked battery voltage aparently normal.

After the incident, I restarted the aircraft and as all appears normal I made a low and short flight without any incident.

I am really worried.
Aircraft has around 200 flights.

Please help.
Thks
Dany
Screenshot_20170114-124021.png
Screenshot_20170114-124036.png
2017-1-27
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Dany,

It looks to me like your full power ascent was at the root of your problem.  If you were watching the ascent, you may have missed the warnings on the Camera View.  Also, were your batteries High Capacity?  

You may have just learned a lesson that you should let your P4P warm up and fly for a few minutes before you try a very stressful full-power ascent.  On the other side, you learned that all the sensors and warnings work.  

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-27
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sometimes you need to reset the AC/RC/BATTERY  and it will reset the error. I would try couple of times to let it hover near me for the duration of the battery lenght and see what happened.
2017-1-27
Use props
8JlJDKadkPox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6698904 ft
  • >>>
Uruguay

dronist Posted at 2017-1-27 23:13
Sometimes you need to reset the AC/RC/BATTERY  and it will reset the error. I would try couple of times to let it hover near me for the duration of the battery lenght and see what happened.

Thank you.
Battery was replaced by Dji under warranty
2017-5-31
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

8JlJDKadkPox Posted at 2017-5-31 09:59
Thank you.
Battery was replaced by Dji under warranty

Glad you got it replaced!
2017-5-31
Use props
fansfe120357
New

Canada

I got the same message when I was flying on Sunday.  I was out over a lake so I was very worried that my battery might fail completely and my Phantom would fall into the lose power and crash into the lake.  As I was out about 400 meters and didn't have a boat I would have lost my drone for good.  Luckily I was able to return to my homepoint and land safely.  I had been flying for about 8 or 10 minutes and had only flown at full speed for about 15 seconds so I don't think I had pushed my drone enough to put a real strain on the battery.  

I have only been flying a short time and I don't think I even have 10 hours on my drone.  I have 3 batteries so none of them have had a lot of use either.  This does make me leary of flying over water or even very far away now as I am afraid of my drone crashing due to battery failure.  The  said the drone battery had 69% left and the warning message was on the left side of the DJIgo app so I thought it might be the controller battery.
2017-7-17
Use props
Rionoir
New
United States

I have two batteries that I got last summer that are malfunctioning, and when you email support you get a list of like 20 things you have to email them for them to even discuss replacing your batteries for issues which are clearly their fault.  I'm just lucky I didn't try flying on one, because it completely cuts off the power randomly and my drone would've fallen out of the sky.  The other one says it isn't communicating with my controller or something.  Either way, for $169 batteries that aren't that old the fact they make you jump through all these hoops is infuriating - service definitely isn't on par with buying something so expensive from a US-based company.
2017-7-17
Use props
Ripratt
New

Canada

I am re-posting this as my previous post has a generic user-name as I am a new member and if anyone wanted to know who posted this or to contact me they wouldn't be able to.

I got the same message when I was flying on Sunday.  I was out over a lake so I was very worried that my battery might fail completely and my Phantom would fall into the lose power and crash into the lake.  As I was out about 400 meters and didn't have a boat I would have lost my drone for good.  Luckily I was able to return to my homepoint and land safely.  I had been flying for about 8 or 10 minutes and had only flown at full speed for about 15 seconds so I don't think I had pushed my drone enough to put a real strain on the battery.  

I have only been flying a short time and I don't think I even have 10 hours on my drone.  I have 3 batteries so none of them have had a lot of use either.  This does make me leary of flying over water or even very far away now as I am afraid of my drone crashing due to battery failure.  The  said the drone battery had 69% left and the warning message was on the left side of the DJIgo app so I thought it might be the controller battery.

Ripratt
2017-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules