912 7 2017-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M
lvl.1
Flight distance : 363356 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Have seen this problem in 2015 and 2016 threads on P3's. My P4Pro overwites the movies when I change the battery. Normal filenaming-reset would be to reset after a SD-card format. But not after a battery-change? What is the point of resetting and overwriteing files after a battery-change?

And does anyone have experience of succesful file-recovery ov overwritten files. Cant seem to fint a thread on that. I guess some or all of the data from the overwritten files are sitll on the card.
2017-1-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Honestly, I cannot see any mechanism whereby the aircraft would over-write files when the battery is changed. There is no connection between the two things. You might as well say that switching the aircraft off and on again re-writes the files. The more likely reason is that you did not stop recording before you switched off to change batteries. That action is guaranteed to cause a file to be re-written because the original file was not closed.

2017-1-28
Use props
M
lvl.1
  • >>>
Sweden

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-28 01:10
Honestly, I cannot see any mechanism whereby the aircraft would over-write files when the battery is changed. There is no connection between the two things. You might as well say that switching the aircraft off and on again re-writes the files. The more likely reason is that you did not stop recording before you switched off to change batteries. That action is guaranteed to cause a file to be re-written because the original file was not closed.

I know it sounds really strange. Heres a thread from 2015 on same issue. https://forum.dji.com/thread-22729-1-1.html

(thanks for the suggestion, but I am sure its not a case of not stopping recording)
2017-1-28
Use props
M
lvl.1
  • >>>
Sweden

I used both GoApp4, Litchi and DronePan during session after battery change so it could be a software-bug in one of the others
2017-1-28
Use props
M
lvl.1
  • >>>
Sweden

M@Sweden Posted at 2017-1-28 01:28
I used both GoApp4, Litchi and DronePan during session after battery change so it could be a software-bug in one of the others

First app after new battery was Go4 with movie-recording (Not Litchi or DroneApp was used later)
2017-1-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

regardless of how/why the file was overwritten, once it is, you can't recover it.   It's a good idea to go to your settings in the camera options and under the wrench symbol, set File Index Mode to Continuous - not Reset.
2017-1-28
Use props
Darrendirl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 822021 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 2017-1-28 02:07
regardless of how/why the file was overwritten, once it is, you can't recover it.   It's a good idea to go to your settings in the camera options and under the wrench symbol, set File Index Mode to Continuous - not Reset.

IF the file was overwrote.

If, it's not overwrote Try Recuva. It works a charm for me in these cases.
2017-1-28
Use props
M
lvl.1
  • >>>
Sweden

Darrendirl Posted at 2017-1-28 05:49
IF the file was overwrote.

If, it's not overwrote Try Recuva. It works a charm for me in these cases.

Yes, Recuva did get a couple of mov's back but they can't be played. Maybe need another program to fix the Mov's
2017-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules