first fly away or fly off
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
moses the almos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153766 ft

United States

was ay my daughters school today when he teacher stoped to talk. i landed and walkwe over to talk. this was about 10 fy from my quad. after speaking about 3 to 5 min my phatom spun up and tryed to take off!! never have had any problems befor. i was lucky and could not get it to spin down but did get it to flip and grabed it and pulled the battery
2017-1-28
Use props
SimonH78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You would of been better to turn it off as soon as it landed rather than leave it to sit in a LIVE state - !! Not a drone problem then.
2017-1-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, it Accidently took off, on purpose, didn't it?! Well, at least you were at a school, so lessons were in progress. Ha

Thought of the day, You will most certainly will be more attentive and totally responsible from now on. Correct? ;-)

These drones have a kind of mind on their own, when left running, unattended...

& as well, Very much Like our brilliant computers, only as Smart, as the operator.

When you land your drone, shut it off with the RC, then turn the flight battery off immediately following. & Power Down the RC... ;-)

Wish you had left the camera rolling...

Please post a link to the flight LOG? Thanks
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Also, See www.healthydrones.com

Love to see how the physical features reacted, on their own. No RC stick Input...

RedHotPoker

2017-1-28
Use props
moses the almos
lvl.2

United States

no excuses, my fault. I had landed thinking I was just going to say hi to a teacher. I have over 70 drones and more cars boats planes ect. and I agree I should have pulled battery upon landing. I was just saying even tough wondered why it just decided to take off on its own? remote was on battery's were charged and I wasn't 10 ft from it when this happened.
2017-1-29
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

United States

moses the almos Posted at 2017-1-29 14:19
no excuses, my fault. I had landed thinking I was just going to say hi to a teacher. I have over 70 drones and more cars boats planes ect. and I agree I should have pulled battery upon landing. I was just saying even tough wondered why it just decided to take off on its own? remote was on battery's were charged and I wasn't 10 ft from it when this happened.

If the props are still spinning, the aircraft still thinks it is in flight.  It has no concept of being "landed", 0 ft altitude isn't something you can rely on to say it is back on the ground.  You may be flying over a hole in the ground and pass through that altitude.  If you are on the ground, you need to turn the motors off to ground the vehicle.  If the aircraft is sitting on the ground, it may experience updrafts or barometric pressure changes which could cause it to jump up into the air.  The difference in rotation speed between idle on the ground and higher revs while in flight, may cause it to overshoot and look like it is taking off at a great rate.  If the battery is low, it may be trying to return home.  An unnoticed bump of the joystick could be to blame as well.  It's hard to say why it did it, there are many variables here and not a lot of details in your post.  The thing to learn from this is to cut the motors when you are on the ground and not actively flying.

There are only two ways I know to flip the aircraft -- hit something, or perform a CSC which inherently causes a rollover twitch prior to killing the motors.  If it lands upside down, the aircraft does everything it can to get right way up.  It will ignore any more input until that is achieved.  This can result in burned out motors and it won't respond to remote joystick commands either.  You MUST shut down or pull the battery.
2017-1-31
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

endotherm Posted at 2017-1-31 05:11
If the props are still spinning, the aircraft still thinks it is in flight.  It has no concept of being "landed", 0 ft altitude isn't something you can rely on to say it is back on the ground.  You may be flying over a hole in the ground and pass through that altitude.  If you are on the ground, you need to turn the motors off to ground the vehicle.  If the aircraft is sitting on the ground, it may experience updrafts or barometric pressure changes which could cause it to jump up into the air.  The difference in rotation speed between idle on the ground and higher revs while in flight, may cause it to overshoot and look like it is taking off at a great rate.  If the battery is low, it may be trying to return home.  An unnoticed bump of the joystick could be to blame as well.  It's hard to say why it did it, there are many variables here and not a lot of details in your post.  The thing to learn from this is to cut the motors when you are on the ground and not actively flying.

There are only two ways I know to flip the aircraft -- hit something, or perform a CSC which inherently causes a rollover twitch prior to killing the motors.  If it lands upside down, the aircraft does everything it can to get right way up.  It will ignore any more input until that is achieved.  This can result in burned out motors and it won't respond to remote joystick commands either.  You MUST shut down or pull the battery.

I had that experience once when I first got my phantom. I was learning to fly and decided to set it down for a bit and was going to take back off. It sat there for just a bit then all of the sudden took off. I immediately forced it back down and shut off the motors. If left on the ground running, you can't be sure what might happen. I had a friend who had similar experience too. Says his copter keeps trying to take off after I land.........he was new to everything and didn't even know how to turn the motors off. He was just landing then going over, picking it up and turning the battery off. But the point was the aircraft was trying to keep airborne for some reason. I told him he had been really lucky nothing serious ever took place. I also told him to go home and read the manual a couple more times!
2017-1-31
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

If you land, shut off the motors. It's that simple. If the motors are spinning, and the GPS position shifts a little, the AC will try to maintain what it thinks is a change in position, thus the sideways motion resulting in the flip over since the legs are on the ground. It does not register as having landed until the motors quit spinning.
2017-1-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

moses the almos Posted at 2017-1-29 14:19

Please post a few pics of your aircraft in this drone fleet thread?

http://forum.dji.com/thread-75848-1-1.html

I'd really enjoy seeing many of your model aircraft. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-31
Use props
moses the almos
lvl.2

United States

WELL THINK IT MAY HAVE DONE JUST THAT WIND WAS BLOWING MIGHT HAVE SHIFTED A BIT AND TRIED TO FIX AND WAY HASNT HAPPENED AGAIN AND SINCE IV ACRIED A NEW INSPIRE. IM IN MO SO I FLY A LOT IN WINDS OVER 15MPH  WITH NO PROBLEMS BUT THINK LANDING WITHOUT SHUTTING MOTORS DOWN WAS THE PROBLEM. THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO. SRY FOR LATE RESPONCE HAD A HA AND WAS OUT OFF IT A WHILE
2017-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules