What is everyones thoughts on the Phantom 3 pro firmware update 1090
2545 19 2017-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Manning Valley
lvl.1

Australia

I am just wondering what everybodies thoughts are on the Phantom 3 Professional's update 10.90? I was told by the company I purchased my drone off not to update the firmware staright away and to wait for a month or two before doing it. Has anyone had any troubles or complications with it or is it good to use?

2017-1-29
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

Some have had good success
Others have had bad

I had done the update and it bricked mine. It is in for service right now.
2017-1-29
Use props
Chris Valcik
lvl.1

United States

I updated when I got mine before I even flew. Only problem I encountered was a distance issue. Tech support suggested recalibrating IMU and re link controller. I did this and everything works perfectly.
2017-1-29
Use props
Genchau
New

United States

After updating the firmware, it bricked my camera control board. SD Card slot no longer functions correctly.
2017-1-29
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Genchau Posted at 2017-1-29 22:35
After updating the firmware, it bricked my camera control board. SD Card slot no longer functions correctly.

I guess I have been one of the lucky ones! I started way back at V1.2??? I have always been one to stay current with upgraded firmware. I won't say I have never had any issues, but for the most part it has always been ok. Early on, any issues I had was my own fault. Not letting the upgrade complete or something like that. I have learned to follow the procedure and not to get impatient. I know this last one seemed to take a really long time on mine. That being said, I am using the latest version since it was released and haven't experienced and problems at all. I do know there have been issues reported, and I feel for those of you that have had problems. By the way I have a P3A, but as far as I am concerned it is the same as your Pro.
2017-1-30
Use props
SimonH78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Updated fine - No problems.
2017-1-30
Use props
Kotaix 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 932228 ft
  • >>>
Chile

I have updated to the latest firmware 1.10.90 and it has been a f&%ing nightmare! I have a lot of problems with the video reception, the firmware totally messed up my video feed!!!
I have downgrade the RC to 1.6, relink the RC with the aircraft, IMU calibration and nothing!!! Any suggestion????!!
2017-1-30
Use props
cbrenkus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
United States

No update wanted or needed here..Been that way for a year now.  Flys perfect
2017-1-30
Use props
Stinky711
lvl.2
United States

I would say fly and enjoy it, after a while if you feel there are issues that upgrading will help you may want to.
Remember the Dji go app will warn you that your firmware needs to be updated, but it won't prevent you from flying.
Next you might want to go to DJI.COM and download all the info for your P3P, there's lots of good info there including
release notes for all firmware that way if you have a problem you will have an idea if updating will help.

Check see what firmware you have, it may be more than one release behind. I have two P3P's one updated and one not
yet, both are ok.  You will find that some have great luck and others not so much.

I would say he gave you good advice.
If you're thinking of upgrading do it while you have warranty. What is the return time frame for place of purchase.

Good luck and have fun!
2017-1-30
Use props
DRONEDUDE88
lvl.1

United States

Kotaix 1 Posted at 2017-1-30 15:40
I have updated to the latest firmware 1.10.90 and it has been a f&%ing nightmare! I have a lot of problems with the video reception, the firmware totally messed up my video feed!!!
I have downgrade the RC to 1.6, relink the RC with the aircraft, IMU calibration and nothing!!! Any suggestion????!!

yea send it back .mine was out of warranty they replaced my gimble at no charge its great now.Mine would fly great but no vid it recorded but I could not see any vid.
2017-2-1
Use props
Kotaix 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 932228 ft
  • >>>
Chile

DRONEDUDE88 Posted at 2017-2-1 11:27
yea send it back .mine was out of warranty they replaced my gimble at no charge its great now.Mine would fly great but no vid it recorded but I could not see any vid.

Really? mine it's out of warranty, it was one of the first P3P on the market. I'm in Chile, southamerica, and I think it's going to be imposible to have the same luck as you
2017-2-1
Use props
DRONEDUDE88
lvl.1

United States

Kotaix 1 Posted at 2017-2-1 13:09
Really? mine it's out of warranty, it was one of the first P3P on the market. I'm in Chile, southamerica, and I think it's going to be imposible to have the same luck as you

I was surprise but I never dropped the bird or crashed it.All I did was update the firmware the newest one
and it would just get half way done and I got the dreaded red light and a loooong buzzing growling sound.
So I called they sent me a shipping label.Idid send them a nice letter.
2017-2-1
Use props
mycypher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 682215 ft
  • >>>
United States

The update caused an ESC Error on my AC. Had to send it in and pay for repair, and was not happy about it, particularly since it was obviously a software/hardware issue and not user related. AC still isn't working right.
2017-2-1
Use props
SimonH78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you recently upgraded your firmware and are having problems , I have not but I know a lot have and thought it was not possible to roll back a version – well you can ! No need to get a screwdriver out or remove the lid. Worth a try!?

You can it seems downgrade easily - If you wish too.

1. Use notepad on PC or Text edit on Mac to make new text file. The text file can be empty or you can write something in it.
2. Save the text file and name it “3S_FW_DEBUG” if you have P3A or “P3X_FW_DEBUG” if you have P3P.
3. Make sure that the debug file that you saved does not have file extension (.txt etc.) If needed, rename and remove the file extension.
4. Copy the newly made debug file and phantom fw v1.9.60 .bin file to the root of your SD card. (like the image)
2017-02-02 (1)

5. Insert SD card to phantom, turn phantom on and let it perform the update ( or downgrade).
6. Enjoy your working phantom again .
Only the name of the debug file is important, not the content.
2017-2-2
Use props
Chief250
lvl.1

United States

Ive had zero issues with the update.
2017-2-2
Use props
Spacetrakker
First Officer
Flight distance : 115384 ft
Australia

Although many have updated with complete success,  unfortunately some firmware upgrades have resulted in a faulty Phantom requiring factory repairs. (Many at considerable cost to the owner ! )

The situation is made worse by the fact that once attempting the latest firmware upgrade, we can no longer return to a previously working firmware revision to correct the upgrade problem.

It is with these facts in mind, we need to SERIOUSLY consider whether or not an upgrade should be attempted.

If your Phantom flies nicely with no apparent problems, WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU UPDATE AND TAKE THE RISK ??    The so called "improvements" on the latest firmware are definitely NOT worth the risk of failure and the associated inconvenience and expense in my book !

So, if you are reading this thread to see if you should upgrade......think carefully......there  are so many postings on this forum starting with...."I ONLY WISH I HAD NOT TRIED TO UPDATE......"

Just Saying

Cheers, John
2017-2-3
Use props
fans8e6e1f88
New

New Zealand

Yep, updated and now unable to connect the controller/format sd card. Why would DJI provide a crappy update? Are we beta testers paying a fortune for their convenience. At least Adobe provides the option to downgrade to older versions of software. DO NOT UPDATE THE SOFTWARE AND THE APP. this is the warning that DJI should post - what are they thinking?
2017-2-5
Use props
fans8e6e1f88
New

New Zealand

Don't update!
2017-2-5
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

Definitely don't install DJI GO 3.1.2 for Android if you can avoid it.   It has a problem determining your correct GPS coordinates which could cause flyaway issues.
2017-2-5
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

Well, I think it’s time for me to say something too, I have two PH3P, and the youngest one has flown twice, only.
Both of them was working fine, until this last upgrade of the firmware. I have only been using the old one because the newer one is a spare if the **** hit’s the ***, as you might say.
I did an upgrade on the one I’m always using, the first one I bought, after this upgrade I can’t barely use it. Loss of videofeed and a lot of pixels on the screen, however, the controller seems to work as it should.
That got me curious, so I took out the the other one for a testflight, without updating to the latest firmware, and it worked as it should, no problem what so ever.

After this test, I did an upgrade on that one too, bummer! Now I have two of the behaving exactly the same way, I can’t use it at all. I can’t see anything when I’m flying, it seems like the signal for the videofeed is to week.

Now I’m an unhappy owner of two (2) Phantom 3 Professional. Crap, I should never done this.

The strange thing is that I’ll never ever had any problems before with upgrade on the software, over 200 flights, more than over a year and now this happens. I guess I have to take up the old DSLR instead and stop using the PH3P.
2017-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules