FB Livestream on P4P W/Built in screen
2349 19 2017-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AerialRefine
lvl.2
United States

I would like to understand better how to start a live stream since I have the built in screen on the P4P.
2017-1-29
Use props
AerialRefine
lvl.2
United States

I am guessing no one knows?! Bummer I can't find any info anywhere.
2017-1-30
Use props
AerialRefine
lvl.2
United States

Bump Bump Anyone???
2017-2-11
Use props
Marjanko
lvl.2
Flight distance : 647372 ft
Austria

here is a video the same is with P4pro plus  
2017-2-11
Use props
AerialRefine
lvl.2
United States

Hey smartcookie I am not sure if you know the difference between the P4P and P4P+ (apparently not) so let me clarify it for you

The P4P+ comes with a built in screen, soo NO sim card and NO internet capability...This video which I saw before is an Iphone clearly with 4G connection. Good try! Thanks!
2017-2-15
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Ok so use your Android device or iPhone as a mobile hotspot then you can connect your WiFi on the plus tablet voila!!! Livestreaming
2017-2-15
Use props
HLew
lvl.2
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-2-15 17:50
Ok so use your Android device or iPhone as a mobile hotspot then you can connect your WiFi on the plus tablet voila!!! Livestreaming

Thats makes sense. Have you tried yourself?
2017-2-15
Use props
HLew
lvl.2
United States

Just would like to update that connecting the built in screen to a hotspot device will work, however the video had tons of lag and chopped several parts as well.
2017-2-26
Use props
TB12GOAT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47172 ft
United States

I had the same question, figures the hotspot method would cause some lag. Wonder if I wasted money and should have gotten the regular controller???
2017-2-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

HLew Posted at 2017-2-26 11:51
Just would like to update that connecting the built in screen to a hotspot device will work, however the video had tons of lag and chopped several parts as well.

Okay, I do not have the P4P + but have many other DJI products including the P4. I was wondering if you can connect another device to the HDMI output on the controller to do this? Again, I would think DJI would give you some kind of option using the Crystal Sky monitor as it is running Android as the operating system.

Maybe DJI has the operating system locked out (I just do not know) but would like to know what you find out.

DJI Ken or Jamie could chime in

Rich
2017-2-26
Use props
HLew
lvl.2
United States

TB12GOAT Posted at 2017-2-26 12:20
I had the same question, figures the hotspot method would cause some lag. Wonder if I wasted money and should have gotten the regular controller???

Yes I feel the same way..
2017-3-1
Use props
HLew
lvl.2
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-2-26 16:23
Okay, I do not have the P4P + but have many other DJI products including the P4. I was wondering if you can connect another device to the HDMI output on the controller to do this? Again, I would think DJI would give you some kind of option using the Crystal Sky monitor as it is running Android as the operating system.

Maybe DJI has the operating system locked out (I just do not know) but would like to know what you find out.

I tried connecting a hdmi cable from the controller to my computer, literally nothing happens. Now I am wondering how to use the hdmi cable LOL
2017-3-1
Use props
TB12GOAT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47172 ft
United States

I think, weather permitting, I'll try to connect to my phone to stream this weekend. I'll post the results.
2017-3-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

HLew Posted at 2017-3-1 10:04
I tried connecting a hdmi cable from the controller to my computer, literally nothing happens. Now I am wondering how to use the hdmi cable LOL

Probably wont work as the HDMI connection on a computer is usually an output, so you are connecting two outputs together.
2017-3-1
Use props
HLew
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-1 15:52
Probably wont work as the HDMI connection on a computer is usually an output, so you are connecting two outputs together.

I see, it would be nice if that was possible because I usually bring my laptop to the field and the customer would be able to see a live preview directly from the computer while connected to the remote HDMI cable instead of looking over my shoulders to the small screen. DJI expects me to carry a tv or monitor around?
2017-3-1
Use props
HLew
lvl.2
United States

TB12GOAT Posted at 2017-3-1 15:41
I think, weather permitting, I'll try to connect to my phone to stream this weekend. I'll post the results.

I will do the same, but I don't really have high expectations. I believe and hope live-streaming is still being developed..
2017-3-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

HLew Posted at 2017-3-1 18:31
I see, it would be nice if that was possible because I usually bring my laptop to the field and the customer would be able to see a live preview directly from the computer while connected to the remote HDMI cable instead of looking over my shoulders to the small screen. DJI expects me to carry a tv or monitor around?

That is not an unusual case, the cinema industry also carry around small monitors for exactly that reason,
I have several.
2017-3-1
Use props
HLew
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-1 19:16
That is not an unusual case, the cinema industry also carry around small monitors for exactly that reason,
I have several.

What monitor do you recommend?
2017-3-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

HLew Posted at 2017-3-12 11:41
What monitor do you recommend?

Take a look at the B&H site: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/b ... i/1984/N/4028759510
2017-3-12
Use props
HLew
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-12 14:06
Take a look at the B&H site: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/On-Camera-LCD-Monitors/ci/1984/N/4028759510

Awesome! I got the Atomos Ninja Blade 5" HDMI On-Camera Monitor & Recorder (Full Version)
2017-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules