Carbon fibre propellers?
1299 9 2017-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Karlos7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1417838 ft
Canada

I am thinking about purchasing some carbon fibre propellers for my P4, but first would like to know if this is advisable, or is it something I should steer clear of?
2017-1-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Why bother?   You won't see any improvement in flight characteristics.
2017-1-30
Use props
Sargent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 330869 ft
United States

I do not see any advantage to carbon propellers. The only look different do to the color. Save your money and get a Polar Pro kit that might save your bird on a ruff landing.
2017-1-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

They look uber cool, but offer no flight advantages.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-30
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AlecW Posted at 2017-1-30 15:46
If I ever come into contact with spinning props plastic may feel slightly better than CF.  I'll try not to test this theory out however

I bought a set on eBay to try out. Sent from China. They arrived looking just like plastic ones - but black - with white diagonal stripes poorly sprayed on near the edge. I haven't been game to try them...

2017-1-30
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

i ordered a set and installed on P4. 1st flight one came off on landing. no damage to aircraft. the p4 series aircraft have too much torque for the spin on's. so i will always use the stock quick loc style.
sent the carbon fibers back !  
2017-1-30
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

If it was better DJI would sell it...
2017-1-30
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I used them but seen no difference but also never had a problem with them!
2017-1-30
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

I used them on my previous P3A and believed they may have been slightly more responsive and definitely quieter.
Having said that, they were genuine DJI props. I would never use a third party prop or any other third party  component that is critical to the drone's correct operation.
2017-1-30
Use props
Focus4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2436886 ft
United States

I'll second that. DJI components only on my aircraft. There's too much counterfeit stuff out there. In addition to Phantoms, I also have Inspires, for which carbon fiber props are available. I can't say I notice any measurable performance difference...certainly nothing to justify the added expense of CF. True, they do look cool. But when they're spinning at thousand of rpm's, who can tell?
2017-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules