Gimbal calibration complete at 66%
650 10 2017-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5916e3a5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1273064 ft
United States

I've done a IMU calibration with only .0005 degrees on being perfect on the horizontal. Also calibrated compass. I calibrate the gimbal several times,but it never goes above 66%, but.says the calibration is complete. My question is how do you know if the gimbal is 100% complete if it only shows 66%? Maybe this is the reason for the tilted horizon because the gimbal calibration isn't complete, but the dji go app says it is. I've calibrated everything so many times, but the tilted horizon is still tilted. Hopefully someone will have a permanent fix....
2017-2-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I know several forum members here, have successfully fixed a crooked horizon, with their Phantom 3 gimbal, by doing a chilled drone IMU calibration, followed by the gimbal calibration.

I'm unsure, if this procedure, would also fix the Phantom 4 crooked horizon issue as well?  You could try it and see... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-1
Use props
fans5916e3a5
lvl.2
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-1 02:10
I know several forum members here, have successfully fixed a crooked horizon, with their Phantom 3 gimbal, by doing a chilled drone IMU calibration, followed by the gimbal calibration.

I'm unsure, if this procedure, would also fix the Phantom 4 crooked horizon issue as well?  You could try it and see... ;-)

I've already  done that so many times , but it didn't  help. I've  calibrated everything so many times it not funny anymore . Thanks  for your help. I think it is in the firmware. I've  even done a firmware update several times that didn't  help either. Have you seen the gimble calibration  that I'm  talking about?
2017-2-1
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

fans5916e3a5 Posted at 2017-2-1 02:26
I've already  done that so many times , but it didn't  help. I've  calibrated everything so many times it not funny anymore . Thanks  for your help. I think it is in the firmware. I've  even done a firmware update several times that didn't  help either. Have you seen the gimble calibration  that I'm  talking about?

Hi dose the calibration go from 66% to complete? how long is this period between 66% to complete?
If the horizon is still tilted you will be right in saying that it may be a FW issue depending how bad the tilt is
Have you tryed to roll back FW to see if it helps?
2017-2-1
Use props
fans5916e3a5
lvl.2
United States

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2017-2-1 02:36
Hi dose the calibration go from 66% to complete? how long is this period between 66% to complete?
If the horizon is still tilted you will be right in saying that it may be a FW issue depending how bad the tilt is

About 2 seconds.
2017-2-1
Use props
fans5916e3a5
lvl.2
United States

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2017-2-1 02:36

Yes I've  done a rollback  with the djigo app,didn't  help. The djigo 4 does the same thing  I  think when dji does a firmware upgrade that issue isn't  address. So when dji upgrades the issue is  still there because  that part of the firmware wasn't  change  so it just gets  passed along on the next update. Thanks for your help.
2017-2-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

fans5916e3a5 Posted at 2017-2-1 02:26

So You have chilled the drone down good in the fridge, or in front of an air conditioner before beginning the IMU calibration?
Ok, Not sure what else to recommend then...

RedHotPoker
2017-2-1
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

fans5916e3a5 Posted at 2017-2-1 02:49
Yes I've  done a rollback  with the djigo app,didn't  help. The djigo 4 does the same thing  I  think when dji does a firmware upgrade that issue isn't  address. So when dji upgrades the issue is  still there because  that part of the firmware wasn't  change  so it just gets  passed along on the next update. Thanks for your help.

How bad is the horizon tilt? could you post a pic?
2017-2-1
Use props
fans71e23c5f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2535420 ft
United States

I had the same problem with tilted horizon. After imu and gimbal calibration didn't fix the problem I used the gimbal roll option in camera to straighten horizon.
2017-2-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The horizon 'tilt' can be adjusted in flight using the RC 'shortcut' of holding C2 button operated, and while C2 operated adjust tilt using right hand wheel on controller. There is also a grid pattern appears on screen to assist.
2017-2-1
Use props
Jambond54
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-2-1 06:07
The horizon 'tilt' can be adjusted in flight using the RC 'shortcut' of holding C2 button operated, and while C2 operated adjust tilt using right hand wheel on controller. There is also a grid pattern appears on screen to assist.

Thanks for your response.  I know how to do all that. The issue needs to fixed by dji.
2017-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules