Follow Me, really?
955 1 2017-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dave P
lvl.3
Flight distance : 207664 ft
United Kingdom

Seeing someone's video of Point of Interest and Follow Me is what made me decide to get my drone. I've had it a few weeks but haven't managed to get Follow Me to work well. I know now that the original problem was with the 3.1.2 version of the App that decided the aircraft was too far away even when it was 1meter above me! Having removed 3.1.2 and installed 3.1.1 I didn't get this error but it didn't follow me smoothly - it overshot, went off to the side, went backwards etc. but my mobile device, Hudl 2, is not supported so I have now taken ownership of a nice shiny Google Nexus 32GB 7 II (2013). It has nothing installed but GPS Status & Toolbox and Dji Go App 3.1.0, which I downloaded and installed from ApkPure. Everything works great and super fast and responsive, except Follow Me. I don't get the Aircraft too far away error and yesterday I got good GPS, remote control strength etc., flew it up just over 10metres and offset about 5 metres, went into Follow Me mode, selected the Apply button, and it told me it would follow me, with an option to Hide the Folllow Me staus panel, I walked about 20 metres and it did nothing.
I tried again today at the same location, it got a little foggy while I was there and I did get a few poor remote signal warnings, even though it was within 10 meteres and then got an error saying it couldn't follow as GPS weak, even though I had 16/23 GPS's locked according to GPS app. I treid again and got no errors, GPS and Remote showing strong signals, went into Follow Me mode, walked and it did nothing. I went back to P mode, flew it around a bit, back to Follow Me and it actually folowed me fairly smoothly for about 10 metres, I started walking back and it just stayed there, I tried to move the drone left, right, up, down and it wouldn't move, but 'bounced' a bit as if trying to move but locked. I went back to P mode and it flew OK. I may have had some warning but it's easy to miss when you're looking up at the drone. What the hell is going on here? I tried to attach the flight record but it's over 1,000K so can't!

2017-2-1
Use props
Dave P
lvl.3
Flight distance : 207664 ft
United Kingdom

Update on Follow Me. I uninstalled Go App, restarted and installed 3.1.0 from ApkPure. Went out and did 3 flights to test Follow Me and it worked on one of them. What I noticed on the first failed flight is that when I tried to initiate Follow Me mode it told me that the device did not support GPS, then allowed me to initiate it, set parameters and select Apply. I then walked and it did not follow me and I noticed that the status lights on the aircraft were solid red  - Critical Error. I landed the aircraft, switched it off and on a again, tried a normal short flight, successful Point of Interest, successful Follow Me. Log attached of flight with errors. I also noticed on both flights that after it allowed me to apply Follow Me it would not allow me to drop it below 10 metres but I'm sure it did in the past? Does the flight log file, or anything else suggest what's going on here; it may not seem a big deal but this is one of the features I really want and I purchased another tablet as it was poor on my previous unsupported one. PS - Why do Dji not allow the upload of a txt file when it is used as a flight log! I've zipped it

DJIFlightRecord_2017-02-03_[11-01-49].zip

185.59 KB, Down times: 1

2017-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules