Firmware Upgrade Required message
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andy M
lvl.2
Flight distance : 292297 ft
United Kingdom

I have a P3 Standard and a P3 Professional with a total of 3 batteries between them.
The first 2 batteries i bought with the Standard and the 3rd battery came with the Professional.
I notice that when i put one of the two batteries that i have been using with my Standard into the Professional I immediately get a Firmware Upgrade Message in the Go app.
So im assuming it's prompting me to update the 2 batteries with the firmware upgrade.
However aside from the update message im not encountering any problems.
So do i really need to upgrade the Firmware i should i just carry on as i am?

2017-2-1
Use props
Seachief
lvl.2
Flight distance : 123301 ft
  • >>>
United States

My understanding is that you should update the batteries....only takes a minute. Just power up and wait for light on the gimbal to change over...forget if it stays solid green or flashes but it'll indicate the battery has updated.
2017-2-1
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

If the bin files in no longer on you're sd-card, you will get the prompt. If the file is on the card it should automatically upgrade it. Even if the batteries are up to the latest firmware as is on your PRO, they will work fine in your standard. Your PRO sees the older firmware on the ones from your standard and is advising the update. I don't remember without looking what they added in the later version, I think something about the temperature of the battery on start up.
2017-2-1
Use props
Andy M
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Seachief Posted at 2017-2-1 11:19
My understanding is that you should update the batteries....only takes a minute. Just power up and wait for light on the gimbal to change over...forget if it stays solid green or flashes but it'll indicate the battery has updated.

Thanks for your reply.
2017-2-2
Use props
Andy M
lvl.2
United Kingdom

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-2-1 12:58
If the bin files in no longer on you're sd-card, you will get the prompt. If the file is on the card it should automatically upgrade it. Even if the batteries are up to the latest firmware as is on your PRO, they will work fine in your standard. Your PRO sees the older firmware on the ones from your standard and is advising the update. I don't remember without looking what they added in the later version, I think something about the temperature of the battery on start up.

Thank you Ricardo.
I believe you're correct in that the update is something to do with battery warm up as a couple of weeks ago when the outside temperature was around 5 degrees Celsius the P3P on it's original battery wasn't keen on taking off and I was getting a battery warm up message.
I swapped the battery over and apart from the firmware upgrade message it had no problem with the outside temperature and allowed take off straight away.
2017-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules