Recommendations on Transporting Mavic
798 2 2017-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ttexxan
New

United States

I have seen concerns about the Gimbal locking system with warnings to remove prior to powering on.  My concern is during transport.  Should the main battery be removed on the drone prior to transporting?  Slightly worried power button could be activated while gimbal is secure during transport.  There have been instances where locking mechanism is placed correclty, but unit turned on forgetting lock in place.  Powering on with lock in place can damage/break the disc from the back of gimbal that comes in contact with gimbal lock.      

Just curious how others transport units
2017-2-2
Use props
Phlashster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23537 ft
United Kingdom

Hi TTexan,

I always fit the gimbal lock. I have tied some long ribbon to it, this way i get a visual reminder the lock is in place. IE Do not power on the drone.
I am not concerned about accidental power up of the drone. DJI have sensibly used a combination of press, release, press and hold to power up. I don't see that happening in the bag i use.

Phil.
2017-2-2
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Same as Phlashster, always gimbal lock and have ribbon tied to it. I'm going to fly a few runs right now

I put mine in a small bag with no real protection except water. I take off the props each flight and they go in a case. Also felt chair pads under the armpits, keeps the rear legs from overextending in the bag, motor caps for dust. Always hand launch and catch. It's a pretty sturdy device they've invented. No need to treat it as fragile really.

o O
2017-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules