Cannot connect Focus RC to Inspire 2 wirelessly
629 2 2017-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dettt
New

Luxembourg

Hi,
I've been trying to wirelessly connect Focus RC and Inspire 2 but without any success. I even bought the Focus Expansion Module because it's manual claims to enable wireless connectability to the Inspire 1. But still no success with the Inspire 2. I now contacted the european support to help me out and they said it is NOT POSSIBLE. This seems really weird to me as the Focus is a wireless sytem. Also in a professional environment a wireless focus remote is the standard and it is pretty inconvenient to have to hook it up via cable. Is there maybe a secret trick that me and the support missed, or is it at leat possible to introduce the feature in the near future? Until then, I guess I'll have to send back the Expansion Module and order a CAN Bus Cable.
2017-2-3
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

The communication protocol from R/C to I2 is very different compared to the I1. The logic is the second remote for camera operator will already be linked to the I2 'via' the link to the pilots R/C (master slave) so no need for extra wireless links. When in single pilot mode the cable can connect to the pilot R/C I read this in the operators manual for the Focus unit.  
2017-2-3
Use props
Arrow1969
Second Officer
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As for I now it can only be connect using the CAN Bus cable I think it was the same on the I1 I have only ever connect that way on my I1 plan on trying it on my I2 later today.
2017-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules