Gimbal Noise
820 2 2017-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DjBac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3463091 ft
Greece

Has anyone else notice a "clicking" noise when tilting the gimbal? Either by hand (powered-off) or with the gimbal wheel?

It's like the ribbon cable gets stuck!

You can hear it here:

2017-2-3
Use props
ROBERTO SMERA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 42619744 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Yes, I have two P4Ps and they do the same clicking noise during the full tilting movement when the drones are turned on. With the drones turned off, I carefuly hold the camera like you did and could see that there is a momentary friction between the flat cable and the right pivot arm of the camera when the movement reach the specific point. You should not worry as this small assembly defect neither interfere with the camera, nor the gimbal.
2017-2-3
Use props
DjBac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3463091 ft
Greece

ROBERTO SMERA Posted at 2017-2-3 03:04
Yes, I have two P4Ps and they do the same clicking noise during the full tilting movement when the drones are turned on. With the drones turned off, I carefuly hold the camera like you did and could see that there is a momentary friction between the flat cable and the right pivot arm of the camera when the movement reach the specific point. You should not worry as this small assembly defect neither interfere with the camera, nor the gimbal.

I am assuming the same thing!

I just wanted to confirm that it is something common and avoid returning it for a replacement only to have the same problem again!
2017-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules