Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go 4 or Litchi?
4347 25 2017-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skpManiac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1092589 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Simple question guys, which app do you prefer and why ?

Please provide as much as info as possible about the modes you love the most and what maks them modes so useable for you.

I have had litchi from day 1 of it's release on the Phantom and used it for my Inspire a few times but not actually used it with the Mavic yet - just curious what you guys use and why.

Thanks

2017-2-4
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I prefer DJI Go 4 for flying "manually" and Litchi for waypoint missions.

By "modes" do you mean Gesture, ActiveTrack, etc.? I don't use them much myself, but my favorite would probably be Tripod because it provides for smooth, low-stress flying.
2017-2-4
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes that's what I meant mate

Tonight I did a 360 around a local landmark, and it got me wondering what Litchi could do for me too so thought I would ask the community and see who uses what and why
2017-2-4
Use props
greygoose
lvl.2

United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-2-4 14:12
I prefer DJI Go 4 for flying "manually" and Litchi for waypoint missions.

By "modes" do you mean Gesture, ActiveTrack, etc.? I don't use them much myself, but my favorite would probably be Tripod because it provides for smooth, low-stress flying.

This is what I do...so this is the best answer.
2017-2-4
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Use litchi here
2017-2-4
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

skpManiac Posted at 2017-2-4 14:15

Tonight I did a 360 around a local landmark, and it got me wondering what Litchi could do for me too so thought I would ask the community and see who uses what and why

Ok, I thought that's what you meant but just wanted to make sure since there are multiple types of "modes" (P- versus S-, etc.). As I said, I don't use those modes much so don't really have anything to say about them, but I can try to explain why I prefer one application over the other in different situations.

For routine flying I don't find a big difference between Litchi and DJI Go 4, and my preference for DJI Go is probably partly just due to the fact that I've used it more than Litchi so it feels more comfortable / familiar. However, there are also a couple of DJI Go features I like that are missing from Litchi:

• The ability to review the flight record within the app, in particular the ability to replay any flight in the record. Litchi doesn't support browsing or replaying flight records in the app, though it does (unlike DJI Go) allow you to easily upload the flight data to Healthy Drones. Uploading the logs from DJI Go flights is a manual  -- and in my opinion slightly tedious -- process. So Litchi is better for reviewing flights if you prefer to do it through Healthy Drones, but DJI Go is better if you plan to do it locally -- and I tend to do the latter more.
  • The "radar" that DJI Go 4 displays in the lower left corner of the screen that includes some pretty useful information. I seem to recall hearing that something similar is present in the Android version of Litchi, but I'm using an iOS (iPad) device and it isn't available there.

On the other hand, Litchi is much better than DJI Go for waypoint missions; you can create / edit missions through the Litchi app itself and / or through any web browser by using the Mission Hub web page. DJI did just recently release version Ground Station Pro 1.0, which is apparently intended to provide capabilities similar to those of Litchi. GS Pro looks interesting and I may try it at some point, but waypoint missions feel risky enough to me as it is without being on the bleeding edge by being an early adopter of a new software program. Until it's been out a while -- and even then only if it offers some significant advantage over Litchi -- am I likely to switch to Ground Station Pro.
2017-2-4
Use props
zach5150
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225148 ft
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-2-4 17:42
Ok, I thought that's what you meant but just wanted to make sure since there are multiple types of "modes" (P- versus S-, etc.). As I said, I don't use those modes much so don't really have anything to say about them, but I can try to explain why I prefer one application over the other in different situations.

For routine flying I don't find a big difference between Litchi and DJI Go 4, and my preference for DJI Go is probably partly just due to the fact that I've used it more than Litchi so it feels more comfortable / familiar. However, there are also a couple of DJI Go features I like that are missing from Litchi:

FYI - you can get an app called HD Sync which will sync your DJI Go flight records to Healthy Drones fairly easily. You do have to 'run' the app, but it just takes a few seconds usually.
2017-2-4
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the info Zach - I will have to have a play with Litchi once we start to get good weather here in England

There was a few people saying they wont use litchi as it isn't backed by DJI if you have a crash, but I asked DJI and that is simply wrong - they have full SDK support so there will not be any problems if you have a drone failure while using Litchi
2017-2-7
Use props
Doots
lvl.3
Flight distance : 682598 ft
United States

Does Litchi allow for Calibrations of the IMU, Compass, gimbal, etc. and does it give warnings like strong magnetic interference, high wind?
2017-2-8
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It had all the calibration, not sure about environmental warnings though
2017-2-8
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

Doots Posted at 2017-2-8 12:39
Does Litchi allow for Calibrations of the IMU, Compass, gimbal, etc. and does it give warnings like strong magnetic interference, high wind?

I just went flying in moderate (15+ MPH at ground level) winds and got the high wind error multiple times with DJI Go 4, then switched over to Litchi and didn't see it again for the duration of the flight. On the other hand, I've definitely seen the pre-flight "IMU initializing" and "compass error" messages, so it looks like Litchi may only provide a subset of the warnings.
2017-2-8
Use props
SteveGmavic 2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 653524 ft
Canada

Can someone tell me if I use dji flight for $26.00 do you lose the warranty cause I know you lose it with pitching
2017-2-9
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

SteveGmavic 2 Posted at 2017-2-9 09:39
Can someone tell me if I use dji flight for $26.00 do you lose the warranty cause I know you lose it with pitching

Are you referring to DJI Ultimate Flight? If so, I believe the same restrictions would apply that are relevant to Litchi, since (despite the name) Ultimate Flight is a third-party application and not a DJI product.
2017-2-9
Use props
SteveGmavic 2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 653524 ft
Canada

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-2-9 10:12
Are you referring to DJI Ultimate Flight? If so, I believe the same restrictions would apply that are relevant to Litchi, since (despite the name) Ultimate Flight is a third-party application and not a DJI product.

dam that sucks
ok thanks
2017-2-9
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Doots Posted at 2017-2-8 12:39

Can calibrate the compass but no imu settings on mine (running older version though). I wouldn't calibrate in litchi anyway, use go for that.
2017-2-9
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am reading conflicting reports that Litchi is ok to use with the Mavic and will NOT invalidate any claim if you have an accident that is NOT your fault?

Can someone from DJI please clarify this?
2017-3-14
Use props
quadflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184649 ft
Germany

A other advantage of litchi is now, that you can use google-maps instead of Here Maps. Since the last update of the dji go app, there is no google maps anymore.
2017-3-14
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI software seems to be going downhill :/
2017-3-14
Use props
macondo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11201 ft

United States

skpManiac Posted at 2017-2-4 14:15

I believe Litchi does not support the TRIPOD option yet.
2017-3-15
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't understand why we can't have a 360 degree video mode - simple to make the drone turn 360 degrees, make the video steadier than doing it by hand  - I have asked about this but like my emails about my rubbish Osmo, they go unanswered
2017-3-16
Use props
JDBull
lvl.4
Flight distance : 917054 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you fly using the Litchi app does your flight record in DJI Go4 get updated as well?  I like how Go4 keeps that flight record.
2017-3-16
Use props
The Rev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United States

Does anyone know if the Litchi update this week resolved this?

Dear Litchi Pilots,

There is currently an issue with the recently released firmwares for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418) where the drone will fly erratically in some of Litchi’s flight modes. If you already installed one of these firmwares, we highly recommend not using these flight modes until the issue is fixed with a DJI firmware update. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other flight modes (including FPV, Waypoint, Orbit and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking OFF) are unaffected.

The Litchi Team
2017-3-16
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

litchi because it dosent keep crashing on my nvidia shield like the go app does.
2017-3-17
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Rev Posted at 2017-3-16 22:47
Does anyone know if the Litchi update this week resolved this?

Dear Litchi Pilots,

I have not heard anywhere that this bug is fixed yet, but it's affected all 3rd party apps :/
2017-3-17
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JDBull Posted at 2017-3-16 20:03
If you fly using the Litchi app does your flight record in DJI Go4 get updated as well?  I like how Go4 keeps that flight record.

No, you have to upload to a 3rd party site, but sign up is free

It's in the app, so just click it
2017-3-17
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

The Go app is useless and crashes more now than it ever has :/
2017-5-19
Use props