How much more can we take? Now update problems??
1530 18 2017-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cvein88
lvl.1
United States

This is so far out of control its crazy.

So after my third flight it says i need a firmware update... follow all the directions and against my better judgment did the update...everything was going fine.  Then it got to 43 percent and started beeping..at 53 the gimble started moving around...then at 58 it said there was an error and the update failed....and to start over...   so i tried starting over..when i rebooted everything the craft is just making a high pitched beeping and one propeller is jerking back and forth..no lights flasing just making a ton of noise. tried the update again...

ANY advise?

Im spending more time on this forum with app and firmware problems then i am enjoying this 500. dollar toy.. this is out of hand.

Chris

2017-2-4
Use props
cvein88
lvl.1
United States

ok seemed to get it fixed and fully updated...also down graded the app to 3.1.1...lets see what happens tonight as far as with the home points and how she flies...stay tuned!

Chris
2017-2-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

cvein88 Posted at 2017-2-4 15:38
ok seemed to get it fixed and fully updated...also down graded the app to 3.1.1...lets see what happens tonight as far as with the home points and how she flies...stay tuned!

Chris

Ok good. Perhaps correct the thread title, to resolved? Ha

Happy to hear it has finally worked out. What a relief it is... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-4
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

Just for the record; how did it get "fixed" did you try the update again and it worked or something else?  The firmware update is a little clumsy with the connection to two WI-FI networks and all.  I have only done it once and can say I was on edge the whole 15 or so minutes it took to complete.
2017-2-4
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I would suggest dropping back to Go 3.0.1 or even 2.9.1

All Go 3.1.x I tested had video lag and various errors.

See my test threads.

Nigel
2017-2-4
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

cvein88 Posted at 2017-2-4 15:38

Chris

Aloha Chris,

Be sure to change the thread title to - Solved.  That way others with similar problems will be willing to look at your effort and see it through.  It is also more accurate.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-4
Use props
cvein88
lvl.1
United States

JackA Posted at 2017-2-4 20:57
Just for the record; how did it get "fixed" did you try the update again and it worked or something else?  The firmware update is a little clumsy with the connection to two WI-FI networks and all.  I have only done it once and can say I was on edge the whole 15 or so minutes it took to complete.

after the update failed and the drone was beeping and jerking around i pushed through with the update again...after about 63 percent the beeping stopped and everything seemed normal...i have not tested it yet but will go out today...then i will repost.  thanks

Chris
2017-2-5
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Poland

Good news - just make sure you don't use App 3.1.2 if using Android.

Nigel
2017-2-5
Use props
SkynetUplink
lvl.1
Flight distance : 327411 ft
United States

Hello.  I bought a brand new Phantom 3 standard yesterday (brought it home from a retail store) and I'm having issues similar to yours right out of the box.

This has NEVER been flown before.  I charged battery and remote, installed DJI Go, and went to camera view.  Everything was happy and all indicators were good.

Upon doing FIRMWARE UPGRADE, which finished 100% successfully, I had to re-link my RC to the aircraft following the update.

Now, when I go to Camera View I get laggy video feed, warnings about signal interference and weak RC signal... this is just sitting in my living room a foot away from the aircraft.

I doubt true interference is an issue, considering that none of these issues were occurring prior to the FIRMWARE UPDATE.

I'll not attempt to fly my brand new drone when it's issuing me such warnings.  Such a pity, because it was recommended by MANY sources and tutorials to always upgrade firmware before your first flight.
2017-2-5
Use props
fans4c5591db
lvl.1
United States

SkynetUplink Posted at 2017-2-5 06:14
Hello.  I bought a brand new Phantom 3 standard yesterday (brought it home from a retail store) and I'm having issues similar to yours right out of the box.

This has NEVER been flown before.  I charged battery and remote, installed DJI Go, and went to camera view.  Everything was happy and all indicators were good.

For what it's worth, I am not even sure if I did an update but my tablet reports up to date. With regard to the choppy video, I get that if I fly aggressively the video on the tablet is choppy but when I play back the video it is as smooth as glass.
2017-2-5
Use props
SuperQuadFlyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46312 ft
United States

mine done same thing bricked my drone and burnt my humble up sent in got a bill 178.00 I'm trying to get reevaluated hope so I'm broke
2017-2-5
Use props
SkynetUplink
lvl.1
Flight distance : 327411 ft
United States

So I'm still getting the "heavy interference detected" warning, but decided to go fly anyway, since there was no more lag or link issues.

Utterly pleased with this product.  Flew around like a dream with no problems.  The "interference" warnings spooked me out of flying above 50m, but nothing bad happened.
2017-2-5
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Switzerland

fans4c5591db Posted at 2017-2-5 09:31
For what it's worth, I am not even sure if I did an update but my tablet reports up to date. With regard to the choppy video, I get that if I fly aggressively the video on the tablet is choppy but when I play back the video it is as smooth as glass.

I assume you mean video on your screen is choppy (lags) .... but the video recorded on the SD card is fine ?

That's normal because the SD card is recording what camera sees ... but your screen is subject to WiFi transmission of video feed and all versions of Go / Litchi will Lag if phone / tablet are pushed to limits ... especially Go Apps of later than 3.0.1

Nigel
2017-2-5
Use props
Bfd300
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73661 ft
United States

Why did you update in the first place?..... I have never updated my pro nor will I, I went through all the B/S with updating w/ my A and got distance issues.  If it flies great don't upgrade. let me re-phrase  " If it ain't broke don't fix it".
2017-2-5
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Switzerland

Bfd300 Posted at 2017-2-5 14:43
Why did you update in the first place?..... I have never updated my pro nor will I, I went through all the B/S with updating w/ my A and got distance issues.  If it flies great don't upgrade. let me re-phrase  " If it ain't broke don't fix it".

One of the problems is for new people .... they buy the model ... get a message on screen - Update ...

They are not aware that you can ignore it. Human nature being what it is - assumes a RED flag message is basically DO IT !

It might be better if DJI could remove the RED flag banner and leave it like most other Apps - available to download if you choose.

The problem also only seems to prevail with us Android users. iOS I believe is virtually without same problems.

Nigel
2017-2-5
Use props
dawolef
New

Australia

solentlife Posted at 2017-2-5 22:54
One of the problems is for new people .... they buy the model ... get a message on screen - Update ...

They are not aware that you can ignore it. Human nature being what it is - assumes a RED flag message is basically DO IT !

My App auto updated a few weeks ago and the video feed delay was about 30secs. I downgraded to 3.0.0 but still didn't fix the problem. I then went down to 2.9.1 and all seems to be good now. I have disabled the auto update and don't intend on updating anything again. You're right, 'if it ain't broke....'.
2017-2-6
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Please update the title of the post if the problem is solved. There are members on this forum looking to help others and then there are trolls. This forum seeks to help users.
2017-2-6
Use props
cvein88
lvl.1
United States

im sorry how do i do that?..would def like to help others

2017-2-14
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

cvein88 Posted at 2017-2-14 02:52
im sorry how do i do that?..would def like to help others

Go to your first post, in the bottom status area click 'Edit' it should then give you the option to change the Thread title. I think!
2017-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules