Compass Calibration
2429 23 2015-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mdprejean
lvl.2

United States

All of the sudden I cannot get my compass to calibrate. I get a green light for the first stage by just a yellow light for the second stage. it used to have a rapid green blink when the second stage was successful. I have completed the IMU and everything appears normal. I am not sure what else I can do to try and troubleshoot.
2015-2-19
Use props
mdprejean
lvl.2

United States

All of the sudden I cannot get my compass to calibrate. I get a green light for the first stage by just a yellow light for the second stage. it used to have a rapid green blink when the second stage was successful. I have completed the IMU and everything appears normal. I am not sure what else I can do to try and troubleshoot
2015-2-19
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

could you connect your phantom to the assistance software and give us your compass values.
2015-2-19
Use props
mdprejean
lvl.2

United States

X232  Y-14 Z371 is this what you need?
2015-2-19
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

mdprejean

You need something like this screenshop
imu calibration.jpg
2015-2-19
Use props
mdprejean
lvl.2

United States

I cant get the screenshot to paste. stand by.
2015-2-19
Use props
mdprejean
lvl.2

United States

See if this works
Phantom.png
2015-2-19
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Your gyroscope is right at the top limit at the mod.  If you put your mouse over the little question mark above that, you will see the limits you can have.  The gyroscope should have a mod of close to 0.0.  You might have to take a magnet and degausse your compass on the leg to bring it within limits.
2015-2-19
Use props
mdprejean
lvl.2

United States

I have seen a few posts on how to do that. I 'll look it up and try it out. thanks for your help!
2015-2-19
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

degaussing the compass

2015-2-19
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

mdprejean@gmail Posted at 2015-2-20 05:39
I have seen a few posts on how to do that. I 'll look it up and try it out. thanks for your help!

Good luck with that and Happy Flying!
2015-2-19
Use props
mdprejean
lvl.2

United States

I degaussed the compass but still cannot get the proper green blinking light for the second phase of the compass calibration. I just get the yellow light and then it eventually turns to green which I assume is the copter just acquiring GPS. I have a large area to fly so I am thinking about taking it out just to see if it acts erratically. I am not sure what else to do.
2015-2-20
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

agree, if i were in that situation, i would prob fly it LOW AND CLOSE in a big field to see what it does.  that way if anything went wrong, i could quickly react (even if to CSC and let it drop a few feet).  if it didnt perform (or even if it did), i would likely replace the compass as i dont think that is a large expense item and fairly easy to replace.
2015-2-20
Use props
johnwarr.live
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

mdprejean, I think you are getting confused by the process,
Enter calibration mode - rear lights solid Yellow.
After turning on the first axis they change to solid Green.
After you complete the calibration the rear lights go back to flight mode, they do not flash rapid Green, so in Phantom mode they will go back to flashing Yellow and Green when GPS lock, or Red and Green in NAZA mode.
2015-2-20
Use props
phillbarnes9.gm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40367 ft
  • >>>
Spain

johnwarr.live Posted at 2015-2-21 03:16
Enter calibration mode - rear lights sol ...

The things one learns just reading the posts. You guys are pretty fantastic. Thank you all
2015-2-20
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

thanks for the nice sentiments phil.  it is much appreciated.  ive been on the 'need' side of the equation so it is nice to pay it forward when others need it.  as long as we can get through the flamewars around here, we'll all be one big happy family, even if a few of our bretheren bicker some, its all goooood.
2015-2-20
Use props
mdprejean
lvl.2

United States

Thanks! I think I finally realized that I was probably getting a good calibration but the confirmation was good to hear. I did go ahead and purchase a new compass which should be in next week. Thanks again'
2015-2-21
Use props
SAFrankSU
lvl.3
United States

johnwarr.live Posted at 2015-2-21 03:16
Enter calibration mode - rear lights sol ...

This is worth a repost. I've heard people wanting to see "flashing green lights" after a calibration... I'm pretty sure that's not necessary when it comes to C. Calibration.

You will usually get the fast green flashing lights when you A) set a new home point or B) finally find enough satellites.

As long as you don't get the flashing red lights, you should be all set. If I'm wrong here... feel free to call me out.
2015-2-28
Use props
mdprejean
lvl.2

United States

I am still having compass issues. The current compass mod is in the 1480-1550 range. I've tried degaussing and it doesn't seem to want to reset. I think it is supposed to be in the -500 to 500 range. Any suggestions?
2015-3-5
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

mdprejean@gmail Posted at 2015-3-6 01:36
I am still having compass issues. The current compass mod is in the 1480-1550 range. I've tried dega ...

Put your curser on the small question mark right above the mods on your IMU calibration page and it will tell you what the ranges are for each one.
2015-3-5
Use props
mdprejean
lvl.2

United States

yes I did and it says it should be -500 ~500. mine is 1580.
2015-3-5
Use props
mdprejean
lvl.2

United States

well I looked again and maybe I am ok on the compass. It just seems to be flying funniny, not holding the hover like it used to.
2015-3-5
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

mdprejean@gmail Posted at 2015-3-6 01:45
yes I did and it says it should be -500 ~500. mine is 1580.

You're confusing things a little,  the RAW values from the compass X,Y,Z axis have a normal range of  -500 to +500,  The Mod value on the other hand should be between 750 and 2250.
2015-3-5
Use props
MAD In NC
lvl.2

United States

Today it was clear enough but frigging cold also, but I spent 1 battery on 3.12.   When I fired up, i received a "Caliabrate Compass" ICON.

ao.  flip over to the DJI Vision App precheck button and proceed w Compass Cal.  Failed three times,  Spin - Green, Spin - flashing yellow / red...

Read further on instructions in App and it states 7 GPS sats necessary....   

OK,  set it down, wait a minute then at 7+ sats repeat compass cal dance and all good!

2015-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules