Terrible range with my P3S...help
1201 7 2017-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jda407FL
lvl.1

United States

I'm experiencing terrible range on my P3 Standard.  I've only had it about a month and have only been able to go a max of 1100 feet.  and the signal begins to break up even closer than that.  and it looks like the connection drops out suddenly as the percentage rating for the connection will jump up and down.  I have opened controller up and checked antenna connections and all seem fine.  This seems like terrible range even compared to the conservative estimate DJI puts on it.  Not sure what my options to get it checked out by DJI are.  Any input would be much appreciated.

Jim
Delray Beach, FL
2017-2-4
Use props
DJ Nee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84610 ft
Australia

I bought mine 4 weeks ago and made the mistake of following the advice to update the firmware before my first flight.....and my range was terrible....i mean, like 20 meters and it was saying out of range etc.
I posted on here and had numerous suggestions...none of which worked.

I took the machine back and got a new one.....DIDN'T upgrade the firmware.......installed the papatita mod....and now have a machine that works fine.
2017-2-4
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

I have the latest firmware and latest app and running without issues.  On this flight I got a lost signal for a few seconds but adjusted antenna and went on my merry way.

I also look at my home point and look before doing an RTH. Most of the time I fly back myself.  Also if you are flying over a city / suburbs you can get terrestrial interference from wifi, 3g 4g and all sorts of other electronic interference.  I fly in areas with no interference and get far far away, sometimes to the point I cannot see the drone.

My flight today, my launch point is a couple hundred meters plus above the valley floor so if it looks like it's way up there that's why. I've had my drone less than 2 weeks.

2017-2-5
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

yes, i have had mine over 6mo. and on 1.6.7. got 1500 ft stock the got a dbs mod 3600 ft max still not 1000m but was happy with it after last 2 updates  i am lucky to see 1000 ft  and they were all in open not the city
2017-2-5
Use props
jda407FL
lvl.1

United States

it's starting to look like I'm a victim of firmware upgrade.  I, like so many, went ahead and upgraded my firmware when the drone told me too on first startup...not knowing of the issues and ability to not upgrade.  So my AC is on 1.8.10 and i'm getting really crappy range.  to the point where the drone just isn't that effective or "fun"  Can the AC firmware be downgraded?  Also running version 3.1.4 of the DJI Go app...so might be a double whammy here.
2017-2-6
Use props
Darrel1987
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Let me know if you manage to work out how to downgrade I may need this too
2017-2-6
Use props
DJ Nee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84610 ft
Australia

jda407FL Posted at 2017-2-6 10:00
it's starting to look like I'm a victim of firmware upgrade.  I, like so many, went ahead and upgraded my firmware when the drone told me too on first startup...not knowing of the issues and ability to not upgrade.  So my AC is on 1.8.10 and i'm getting really crappy range.  to the point where the drone just isn't that effective or "fun"  Can the AC firmware be downgraded?  Also running version 3.1.4 of the DJI Go app...so might be a double whammy here.

iOS or Android?
2017-2-6
Use props
jda407FL
lvl.1

United States

IOS (iPhone 6) right now.  might switch to iPad but imagine I'll have the same issue
2017-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules