Mavic with Confusing Color shift
1035 5 2017-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
D3rR4lf
New

Germany

I have a very confusing color shift noticed in the last days of using my brand new Mavic Pro.

In the top row are the DNG files and below the JPGs.
The left pictures:
These have been taken two days ago. The raw has nearly no color shift, and for my taste is acceptable. The JPG and all movie clips had a very strong vignetting. Totally unusable.
The middle pictures:
These have been taken yesterday. The raw has a color shift and a strong vignetting. The JPG and the movies had the same. Everything unusable.
The right pictures:
These have been taken today. The raw has a very strong color shift and the JPG and movie clips have only a little visible color shift.

Very strange.
I guess this is the second Mavic I have to return. The first had a spot in the upper half of the image with was always blurry.
I am a little disapointed.

Anyone had the same experience or even some tips?
2017-2-5
Use props
D3rR4lf
New

Germany

Here the screen shot:

Color Shift

Color Shift
2017-2-5
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

D3rR4lf Posted at 2017-2-5 01:40
Here the screen shot:

The following Article was provided by PJgurn to help explain the color shift with our compact Mavic Pro lens. The article pdf can be downloaded from PJgurn's original post by clicking here...
Mavic_Color_.png
2017-2-5
Use props
D3rR4lf
New

Germany

Daroga Posted at 2017-2-5 11:09
The following Article was provided by PJgurn to help explain the color shift with our compact Mavic Pro lens. The article pdf can be downloaded from PJgurn's original post by clicking here...
[view_image]

Thanks for posting this.
Hopefully DJI can fix it soon.
2017-2-5
Use props
PartsGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 418346 ft
United States

I went out yesterday with my Mavic and my P4. It was a partly cloudy but still mostly sunny day. Since I was shooting rock climbers in a shady slot against red rock, I decided to use a ND8 filter for both. In viewing the video, I has red shading while facing the sun with the camera tilted down on the mavic. My first thought was that I should have used an PL instead. I then viewed the P4 footage and the difference was night and day. Same place, same sun angle and the P4 footage was spectacular with the red rocks and the contrast between them and the blue sky and the bright colors of the climbers shirts. The Mavic footage looked washed out compared to the P4 footage. Both were filmed in auto with the ND8 filter at 2.7k 30fps. Any thoughts?
2017-2-5
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Yeah, the P4 camera is better than the Mavics.
2017-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules