Flight time and distance
1056 4 2015-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Turbazz
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm looking to buy one of theseI know on the website it says 18 minutes flight time.. Just wondering in the real world what is the average flight time?

Also understand that there is another battery could you get extended flight time with this battery?
How long are charging times...

Secondly
Confused on the distance this can work. What is the range on the FPV.? And What is the range on the controls?i Understand that FPV works on a tablet. Tablets Wi-Fi is only capable of few hundred metres

Thank you so much for your help in advance
2015-2-19
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

You may get the answer your looking for...If not then.

Start here.jpg
2015-2-19
Use props
brianmlevy.me
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The range on FPV is about 1.5km (maybe a little more). Unlike the phantom which uses a wifi range extender, the Inspire uses Lightbridge which transmits 720p HD video pretty flawlessly. Light bridge is installed in the transmitter. The video is then fed to the iPad, iPhone or Android device. The wifi capabilities (or lack of them) on the device are completely irrelevant because they are not used.

In my fairly limited experience, I am getting between 13 and 15 minutes on a battery. However, I am very cautious and tend to land with plenty of battery to spare. Also, it has been very cold here which definitely affects battery times. DJI have brought out a battery heater which might well extend the time a bit.

DJI have promised a higher capacity battery although I do not know anyone who has seen one yet so flight times are still unknown.

Charging times are supposed to be one hour. In my experience about 90 minutes is more typical.
2015-2-19
Use props
Turbazz
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thank you so much for your reply. Is Video transmitted in 5.8 or 2.4.     the controls work through light
Bridge or a separate ghz also what range can you expect out   that.  
2015-2-19
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Turbazz Posted at 2015-2-20 09:41
Thank you so much for your reply. Is Video transmitted in 5.8 or 2.4.     the controls work through  ...

Video and RC are both handled via the Lightbridge on 2.4gHz.
2015-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules