Phantom 3 standard, loud dual tone alarm no connection
1417 8 2017-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeepsteve
lvl.1

United States

Hello, i have been searching forum for a while and have not found a thread that answeres my problem. not great at computer stuff so bare with me. recieved  P3S for Christmas. flew several times without issue. after a couple of flights i took it out of beginner mode and also changed 8MB sd card to a 32 MB SD continued to fly with no noticable issues. prompted to uplaod new 1.8 firmware and attempted this on 1/29/17. everything seamed to go well but the 30 minute estimated time was more like 10 minutes and next step if i rememeber correctly was to shut down and restart AC which i did. when the AC was restarted, the gimble would go through its motions but instead of the normal chime it issued a loud intermitant alarm similar to an alarm clock. After a minute or so a second underlying chime will start inbetween the louder alarm. i have taken several steps learn on forums, you tube, and from DJI support with out any changes and i just recieved an email from support for RMA. of course i would perfer to resolve this myself to further my education.
What i have done; deleted anything DJI from my Galaxy S5 and reloaded DJI go app, several times. Tried to run from galaxy tab A. reformated 32MB SD and retried. removed photo files from 8MB SD (this was not reformated stiil has original files) tried relinking to controller.
Here is what i observed. the RC and AC are not linking. the link light on AC is red. linking from contoller. prompt link and cotroller peeps to link. press reset link on AC blinks red, on green blink and goes to solid red. the other method of initiating from AC, press reset on AC then roll gimble down and flip s2 switch 3x gets same reults; green for second then red. right now connection seems to be the priority fix as without this i can't go forward. the AC has no lights (other then link light) gimble has no light.
2017-2-5
Use props
jeepsteve
lvl.1

United States

what do i need to do to get someone from DJI to help with this? i have found log files on my phone, have video links to aid investigation. if i am in the wrong place and this is not were issues are resolved please let me know.
2017-2-9
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

Maybe contact support. Also, publish a video on what happens.
2017-2-9
Use props
jeepsteve
lvl.1

United States

KevDrones Posted at 2017-2-9 18:28
Maybe contact support. Also, publish a video on what happens.

support has not been real "talkative" i posted another thread in service about the lack of responses and that got some attention. i have a video there and will try bring it over to this thread. the solution is that the firmware is stuck and cannot be repaired with out being returned.. sent it back today.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmijh3 ... 130_190045.mp4?dl=0
2017-2-10
Use props
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 561411 ft
United States

jeepsteve Posted at 2017-2-10 19:40
support has not been real "talkative" i posted another thread in service about the lack of responses and that got some attention. i have a video there and will try bring it over to this thread. the solution is that the firmware is stuck and cannot be repaired with out being returned.. sent it back today.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmijh3c9lpklvrw/20170130_190045.mp4?dl=0

I am not sure if it makes any difference but it looks like the RC in in F mode instead of P or Atti. Possibly someone could expand on that.
2017-2-11
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

Have you done an imu calibration??i suggest you try that
2017-2-11
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

Try doing, all calibrations, mostly gimbal and them IMU.
2017-2-17
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

Sounds like the update isn't finished, you do not have a green light on the gimble.  Your RC looks to me to connected to the AC, as the first light on the RC is green.  Let it finish the update, may take 20 minutes or so.  After the update, when it shows it is finished on your screen, turn everything off, wait 30 seconds or longer and then turn it all back on.
2017-2-17
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

WD9EON Posted at 2017-2-17 15:15
Sounds like the update isn't finished, you do not have a green light on the gimble.  Your RC looks to me to connected to the AC, as the first light on the RC is green.  Let it finish the update, may take 20 minutes or so.  After the update, when it shows it is finished on your screen, turn everything off, wait 30 seconds or longer and then turn it all back on.

I agree.
Failed upgrade.  

Turn on just the AC, walk away and let it beep until it stops beeping. Then power cycle it.

2017-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules