Anti-theft or any other system to lock pair mobile-mavic
1982 11 2017-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VitaliiK
New
Ukraine

Hi
I'm wondering how may people lost their drone due software bugs in DJI app (without compensation from DJI side)
Why some "find or lock" functionality not developed? Like on Iphones or others mobiles

I think if I paid 1000$ I should have any functionality at least to lock using mavic on specific phone. In case Mavic will be lost, another person couldn't use it (because it paired via serial number/phone/dji account/etc).
Please add any posibility to pair mavic to phone via dji account or anything else.
For such not cheap device I think DJI MUST provide such support in next firmwares

Thanks
2017-2-6
Use props
Willik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638796 ft
Czechia

Hi, reading this forum so far, I am not wondering about loosing my Mavic due to some SW bug in DJI app. as it was mentioned - the RC steers the Mavic (not the app).

About the locking feature - I guess you are not mentioning wifi? (BTW who is flying via WIFI? - I guess there was a vote with quite negative result few weeks ago...)

Concerning the loss of Mavic somewhere in the fields and potential using it again by someone else who finds it and buys a spare RC... maybe... I just hope that if this happens, my Mavic could be traced and found easily, since the flight records are synchronised to DJI and the SN can't be changed (until the motherboard is not replaced).

I hope it would work like that :-)
2017-2-6
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

Willik Posted at 2017-2-6 04:59
Hi, reading this forum so far, I am not wondering about loosing my Mavic due to some SW bug in DJI app. as it was mentioned - the RC steers the Mavic (not the app).

About the locking feature - I guess you are not mentioning wifi? (BTW who is flying via WIFI? - I guess there was a vote with quite negative result few weeks ago...)

You make a very valid point Willik, it would be easier to trace if somebody tries to pair it.
Regards,
-d.
2017-2-6
Use props
Irish
lvl.2

United States

My understanding is that the flight records are not automatically sync'd with DJI.  You have to go into DJI GO and manually sync your flight records.  Which would be stupid for someone to do if they stole the Mavic.
2017-2-6
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

i use different phones with my mavic this would be bad
2017-2-6
Use props
devGOD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200577 ft
United States

Auto sync'ing the flight records means, DJI would be responsible for everyone who complains about data usage spiking with the DJI GO app. The way I see it, yeah its a $1000 USD item but if its lost or stolen, then tough.  You can get insurance on if but I doubt DJI is going to spend time tracking drones. Automative cars get stolen all the time, and unless you have a LoJack or OnStar type device in the car... then too bad. Jewelry, clothing, computers, etc all get lost or stolen too and can cost way more. I know the Mavic is a fun gadget but just be careful where you put it and fly safely.
2017-2-6
Use props
VitaliiK
New
Ukraine

boostedford Posted at 2017-2-6 13:17
i use different phones with my mavic this would be bad

I think such functionality (add/pair) mobile phone could be realised in few clicks (a lot of examples in other systems/services)
Main problem, that DJI could have a vision that such functionality not required for users.
As for me. I need at least chance to block mavic from unauthorised access in case it will be lost or stolen
2017-2-7
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Well.. I think it might be a nice suggestion... but "must"...
2017-2-7
Use props
Willik
lvl.4
Czechia

Irish Posted at 2017-2-6 07:27
My understanding is that the flight records are not automatically sync'd with DJI.  You have to go into DJI GO and manually sync your flight records.  Which would be stupid for someone to do if they stole the Mavic.

Hi, that's right I guess noone would be so stupid to steal and synchronise (but maybe if he just finds the Mavic and tries to fly?) Or if he presses the sync button accidently? :-) Or I also guess the one who steals it, will not fly at all. He would rather try to sell it to someone who will fly (and hopefully synchronize).

When I activated the Mavic for the first time - I had to put my e-mail address and wait for confirmation from the app. So I was not able to start and take off, skipping this step.
How it would be, when someone finds the Mavic and (buys or) has a spare RC? I guess he must pair the RC - via the app, app is in the mobile and must be registered with valid e-mail... How is it with FW updates?

Are there any other ways how to trace a lost Mavic, found and used (let's presume accidently :-) ) by someone else? :-)
2017-2-7
Use props
Willik
lvl.4
Czechia

VitaliiK Posted at 2017-2-7 03:47
I think such functionality (add/pair) mobile phone could be realised in few clicks (a lot of examples in other systems/services)
Main problem, that DJI could have a vision that such functionality not required for users.
As for me. I need at least chance to block mavic from unauthorised access in case it will be lost or stolen

Not sure about the "Lock and block" option. Look at the mobile market, every cellphone has this feature, why there are so many of them being stolen? (and re-selled via second-hand shops...)
I would say that this kind of protection simply doesn't work.

I would rather get a chance to find my Mavic via the tracking records (not wrong if someone finds it - and hopefully repairs it if it was broken :-) then I would kindly ask him for a return with potential (reasonable) reward. (IMHO)
2017-2-7
Use props
VitaliiK
New
Ukraine

Willik Posted at 2017-2-7 06:19
Not sure about the "Lock and block" option. Look at the mobile market, every cellphone has this feature, why there are so many of them being stolen? (and re-selled via second-hand shops...)
I would say that this kind of protection simply doesn't work.

Apple, Motorola, Samsung etc provide engraving for their phones.
I think if you will have some engraving with your phone/email this could be helpful.
Or if some good person will find Mavic even any stickers (bar-code with email, etc) also will good. For my cheap (200$) racing drone I just made a paper sticker with contact info in case my drone crash in inaccessible territory
2017-2-7
Use props
JROD
New

United States

That's a great idea, like find my iPhone.
2017-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules