"Custom Mode" for Control sticks no longer supported?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
windgate
lvl.3
United States

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but for those who might wish to use something other than "Mode 2" for the control sticks, the "Custom" settings mode is no longer supported as of the most recent software updates. If you create custom settings for the control sticks, the Phantom 3 Advanced will not respond to the sticks.
This was actually an important feature for me.
I have attached screen shot images of my software versions and the custom settings that I used to be able to use (but no longer can).
If anyone can tell me how to direct this issue to DJI -- I would be greatly appreciative.
Thanks

Software Versions

Software Versions

Custom Settings

Custom Settings
2017-2-6
Use props
windgate
lvl.3
United States

...and yes, I have confirmed that the settings do get saved (as confirmed by the "beep") -- but more importantly it is confirmed that the Mode 2 settings are now switched from working to control sticks that do not respond at all. I have even tried having the Phantom lift via the auto feature and then confirmed that the control sticks do nothing -- subsequently switching back to Mode 2 to land the aircraft.
2017-2-6
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

windgate Posted at 2017-2-6 13:52
...and yes, I have confirmed that the settings do get saved (as confirmed by the "beep") -- but more importantly it is confirmed that the Mode 2 settings are now switched from working to control sticks that do not respond at all. I have even tried having the Phantom lift via the auto feature and then confirmed that the control sticks do nothing -- subsequently switching back to Mode 2 to land the aircraft.

Hi. I haven't tried setting a custom stick configuration, but do want to. I'll have a look tonight with my software levels, as I'd be interested to see if it can still be done as it isn't detailed in the User Manual.
2017-2-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You say the most recent software updates, which is true for the firmware on the RC & aircraft, but the Application at 2.8.2 is quite old now having been released in May last year.

Edit:- Most recent is 3.1.4 for IOS or 3.1.2 for Android.
2017-2-6
Use props
windgate
lvl.3
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-2-6 17:18
You say the most recent software updates, which is true for the firmware on the RC & aircraft, but the Application at 2.8.2 is quite old now having been released in May last year.

Edit:- Most recent is 3.1.4 for IOS or 3.1.2 for Android.

Thanks Aardvark. I've update the Android app to 3.1.2 and will retest in the morning and post whether it made a difference.
2017-2-6
Use props
windgate
lvl.3
United States

windgate Posted at 2017-2-6 17:44
Thanks Aardvark. I've update the Android app to 3.1.2 and will retest in the morning and post whether it made a difference.

I tested the Android app 3.1.2 this morning and the Custom mode is supported.
For those who have asked, the way you set the Custom settings is to drag-n-drop the items shown above the images of the control sticks into their appropriate locations shown at the control sticks images.
2017-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules