DJI app no longer supported and DJI 4 crashes immediately
803 7 2017-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChrisNiceButDim
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Good afternoon all. Today I tried to connect to my Mavic only for the app to tell me DJI app is no longer supported and to use DJI 4. I installed this and it just crashes immediately and when I reopen it it won't connect. I'm using an LG G4. Has anyone had a similar experience? Many thanks in advance.
2017-2-7
Use props
shoxer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2621 ft
Ireland

'they' will tell you to force stop in settings -> app but it won't help. you have to uninstall old dji go app. for me it's a problem as I need both because of Osmo+ and Osmo Mobile and I can't. I have to uninstall one if I want to use this or that. *content edited by mod for offensive language*
edited again by me: THIS IS A JOKE! And is there any solution for that for android devices?
2017-2-7
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

The best solution is to turn off screen rotation.
2017-2-7
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Apparently a few aOS users have solved their crashing issue by disabling screen rotation as Jenee 2 wrote, and a few more claim that putting the phone into Airplane mode solves their's. Hope one of those helps.
2017-2-7
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

I am assuming that you have Nougat installed. It's a known issue, you can either disable screen rotation before starting the app, or going into developer options and reducing the max resolution (first option preferred)

They're rolling out the new version of the app mid-february, so hopefully this will be solved by then.
2017-2-8
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try to contect DJI Support they will fix for you
2017-2-8
Use props
AGLyons
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47549 ft
Australia

CuaC Posted at 2017-2-8 00:12
I am assuming that you have Nougat installed. It's a known issue, you can either disable screen rotation before starting the app, or going into developer options and reducing the max resolution (first option preferred)

They're rolling out the new version of the app mid-february, so hopefully this will be solved by then.

I have a Nexus6P with developer tools enabled. I don't see the maximum resolution setting. v4 always warns me that the screen size isn't supported. I always just ignore it myself.

But making sure all other apps are closed and wifi turned off seems to help with stability.
I'm patiently waiting to hear more details on CrystalSky and when I can get my hands on one. Seems no one knows anything about them or when they'll be released.
2017-2-8
Use props
jeep_raptor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 341371 ft
United States

I cannot get my Samsung Tab 4 to connect with the DJI 4...never had any problems with the DJI go app...{:4_154:}
2017-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules