Mavic returned from DJI with cracked Gimbal
1586 9 2017-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oXiDe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 525 ft
Australia

Is there any way to get a response from DJI besides the online chat staff saying wait for a reply to my email?
Original Case Number:
CAS-372276-T9M8J3

I purchased the Mavic at the end of November 2016, flew well no issue there until I took a photo it looked like an oil painting a few weeks of back and forth with DJI not being helpful saying it was the settings. Eventually they agreed to take a look at the Mavic this is where the fun began it took until the end of January 2017 to get the Mavic to the repair centre in Australia every online chat support person told me something different or said that organising pickup on a certain date wouldn't be an issue yet they never actually did anything they said.

That's when I finally received an email from Sophie Zhang
and the pickup was organised, speed up a few weeks DJI says nothing is wrong with the Mavic and that I will need to pay $139 (I paid for DJI Care Refresh even though this was a warranty claim this would be cheaper). I replied to the email to state that why would their support staff tell me to send the Mavic for repair after showing them the photos and doing the troubleshooting they asked me to. Magically an issue was found and a new Mavic body with no charge was being sent to me, I thought perfect it only took 3 months but it might be happening a working Mavic in my hands.

The box arrived on February 2nd 2017, I confirmed the serial numbers which showed it was a new Mavic body but my DJI care refresh was never updated, after sending DJI that email to confirm what I needed to do. I removed the gimbal cover to do a quick once over and there it was a crack across the rear of the gimbal plate where the gimbal holder slides over.

After an email to DJI and 3 online chats over 5 days I have been told to wait for an email response, radio silence has been applied to my account I would say.

DJI Mavic Gimbal Crack

DJI Mavic Gimbal Crack
2017-2-7
Use props
oXiDe
lvl.1
Australia

Online Chat Support Staff member Ian, has told me it is someone in my region that has to open the case nothing he can do.
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

oXiDe, really sorry that you're experiencing difficulties, we're aware of your case and will take care of it.
Our tech support will contact you to arrange next onsite pickup and fix it up in priority.

2017-2-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-7 19:02
oXiDe, really sorry that you're experiencing difficulties, we're aware of your case and will take care of it.
Our tech support will contact you to arrange next onsite pickup and fix it up in priority.

Sorry to see that split. Happy to read Natalia's reply. Good stuff. Awesome!!

Thanks for the great service...

RedHotPoker
2017-2-8
Use props
oXiDe
lvl.1
Australia

Thought i'd add an update:

Still waiting to receive a replacement aircraft, but I am getting responses to my emails things must be looking up.
2017-2-15
Use props
oXiDe
lvl.1
Australia

New mavic arrived the next issue is regarding the care refresh, emails ignored and online chat keep saying to email support@dji.com

2017-2-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

oXiDe Posted at 2017-2-20 05:13
New mavic arrived the next issue is regarding the care refresh, emails ignored and online chat keep saying to email

We feel so sorry to hear about that, will escalate it for you and help you follow up the case.
Just to clarify, you have sent e-mail to djicare@dji.com with your new Mavic SN and case number, right?
2017-2-20
Use props
Canes_Fan_954
New

United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-3-6
Use props
Canes_Fan_954
New

United States

I have the same exact issue. Just noticed mine. Didnt effect my drone but how can this be fixed? Anyone finally get it resolved

Youtube Video of my crack
DJI Mavic Pro Rear Gimbal Tab Broken | help
2017-3-6
Use props
Beto NYC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 550472 ft
United States

Canes_Fan_954 Posted at 2017-3-6 15:33
I have the same exact issue. Just noticed mine. Didnt effect my drone but how can this be fixed? Anyone finally get it resolved

Youtube Video of my crack

Hi. Did you solve your problem? I have exactly the same issue.
2017-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules