DJI Internal Go App
1314 8 2017-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrWhite
lvl.1
Flight distance : 272 ft
United States

I have a P4P+ and want to use third party mapping apps but I can't since DJI hasn't opened up the source code for other developers to use. So, my thought is to get another controller that uses the standard DJI GO app with my phone. My question is, will I need to change or modify the existing aircraft firmware each time I want to use this controller?
2017-2-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Wouldn't the drone simply connect to which ever Go 4 app you use?

I'm only asking the question, not saying it will.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-8
Use props
MrWhite
lvl.1
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-8 13:04

The P4P+ DJI GO app can't be changed or altered.
2017-2-15
Use props
MrWhite
lvl.1
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-8 13:04

The P4P+ controller has a built in screen and app that can't be altered.

2017-2-15
Use props
MrWhite
lvl.1
United States

AlecW Posted at 2017-2-8 13:15
You'd have to re-link the rc to the bird each time you swapped controllers which looks simple.

Linking is very easy but I'm concerned that I would have to change the firmware each time due to using a different app.
2017-2-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There is no firmware for the P4P craft which is specific to whether it's a P4P or a P4P+ controller, so I'd have to suggest that all you need is to purchase a P4P controller and you should be OK once you've re-linked with the craft.

But make sure it's a P4P controller and not the one for the P4 - it must be the dual band version. I can tell you for a fact that you can't link a P4 controller with a P4P. I got the two controllers mixed up one afternoon and spent a frustrating hour or so trying to get it to connect without realising - I felt like a goose afterwards once it occurred to me...
2017-2-15
Use props
rparge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 173852 ft
United States

MrWhite Posted at 2017-2-15 14:48
Linking is very easy but I'm concerned that I would have to change the firmware each time due to using a different app.

No, you do not, I have this setup, the current plus RC is on 4.0, and the Android is on 4.02, no issues.
You do have to re-link every time you change the RC, and it is easy to do.
2017-2-15
Use props
MrWhite
lvl.1
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-2-15 14:54
There is no firmware for the P4P craft which is specific to whether it's a P4P or a P4P+ controller, so I'd have to suggest that all you need is to purchase a P4P controller and you should be OK once you've re-linked with the craft.

But make sure it's a P4P controller and not the one for the P4 - it must be the dual band version. I can tell you for a fact that you can't link a P4 controller with a P4P. I got the two controllers mixed up one afternoon and spent a frustrating hour or so trying to get it to connect without realising - I felt like a goose afterwards once it occurred to me...

Thank you mate!
2017-2-26
Use props
MrWhite
lvl.1
United States

rparge Posted at 2017-2-15 16:35
No, you do not, I have this setup, the current plus RC is on 4.0, and the Android is on 4.02, no issues.
You do have to re-link every time you change the RC, and it is easy to do.

Thanks, I appreciate your response.
2017-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules