1-3 days to unpack !!
2036 32 2017-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
avbond
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7487 ft
United Kingdom

I Returned my mavic last week for fault finding/repairs,  recived by DJI Monday 6th as per UPS tracking , when i check on http://www.dji.com/support/repair-trace it says 1-3 days to unpack , today is the 3rd day.  why oh why are DJI persistantly giving inaccurate information on all aspect of there bussines , just some update would be good , keep reading of some people waiting weeks for a repair update , another customer added to the growing list of i doubt i will purchare from DJI again such a shame.

people thinking about buying a Drone and reading these forums , will be having big doubt about buying any DJI products !

The only good thing is great bit of kit , shame DJI customer service does not match.

DJI -Ken or others can you look at my case number please :-

CAS-430196-R3R8V1

Many thanks

2017-2-8
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

So after just two days your whining and demanding faster service?
Would you like DJI to hire a helicopter and take you to their repair headquarters so you can watch and make sure your drone being repaired to your standard?
Surely thats the least DJI can do for disgruntled customers like you who deserve much much better treatment than having to wait two or three days for a simple process.
Maybe they can compensate you with free airline tickets or maybe a new P4P for enduring such harsh customer treatment.
2017-2-8
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-2-8 16:42
So after just two days your whining and demanding faster service?
Would you like DJI to hire a helicopter and take you to their repair headquarters so you can watch and make sure your drone being repaired to your standard?
Surely thats the least DJI can do for disgruntled customers like you who deserve much much better treatment than having to wait two or three days for a simple process.

If you don't provide accurate information than don't post it. They are  a MULTI BILLION DOLLARS company the least they can do is keep track and give accurate status of the work flow.

We don't have to be sarcastic about it. Teh forum is to help and make things better for everyone.
He is a paid customer and should expect a good service for what he paid for like any industry.
2017-2-8
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

dronist Posted at 2017-2-8 18:41
If you don't provide accurate information than don't post it. They are  a MULTI BILLION DOLLARS company the least they can do is keep track and give accurate status of the work flow.

We don't have to be sarcastic about it. Teh forum is to help and make things better for everyone.

Accurate information?

Like the OP for instance?

" when i check on http://www.dji.com/support/repair-trace it says 1-3 days to unpack , today is the 3rd day.  why oh why are DJI persistantly giving inaccurate information "

Is this accurate information?

Then we get the obligatory threats, sometimes taking in form of litigation for a 3 day delay for instance, but in this case it is as follows
" people thinking about buying a Drone and reading these forums , will be having big doubt about buying any DJI products ! "

Becasue of whiners no doubt, making a mountain out of molehills like this thread! Almost a self fulfilling prophecy.

" keep reading of some people waiting weeks for a repair update , another customer added to the growing list of i doubt i will purchare from DJI again such a shame. "

I do get that people are impatient for their pet mavic to return or be delivered in the first instance, but DJI have done nothing wrong as far as i can see.
Maybe the OP is withholding some information, but it just seems another case of impetulance.
Venting in these forums seems to be an art form now, and for the most minor of reason at times and i dont think it should be tolerated or even condoned as you have done.
Lets hope DJI have everyone stop what they are doing and look after this poor chap who is worried about the allotted time frame in which DJi operate.

2017-2-8
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-2-8 19:59
Accurate information?

I guess you never heard of " CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT" ???

We live in atechnology age. If DJI have a workflow in place to track and update (which they should) then a lot of customers won't be upset. When you are wrong admit you are wrong that will make you a better business and customers will value that and you will thrive.

I have a business, we deals with happy and sometimes frustrated unhappy customers but I always tell my staff, customers are ALWAYS right. If it wasn't for their business I won't have a business and you won't have a job. You always kills them softly with your kindness and they will respect you for that and bring more business to you.

It is that simple...CUSTOMERS ALWAYS RIGHT!!!

2017-2-8
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

dronist Posted at 2017-2-8 20:23

We live in atechnology age. If DJI have a workflow in place to track and update (which they should) then a lot of customers won't be upset. When you are wrong admit you are wrong that will make you a better business and customers will value that and you will thrive.

I guess you can call it what ever you want.

Three days (nominal) to proceed to the next course of action, but on the third day customer spits dummy and is told, "You are always right" is what is partly responsible for encouraging this behavior.

Please tell me where you believe DJI have given "inaccurate Information" in relation to the OPs claim.
2017-2-8
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Don't trust so much the online status, the fact is that the turnover is around two weeks, which is in fact faster than many technical services from other companies, and that's about what you should expect. I know you'd want your drone back asap, but you'll have to be a bit patient.  Soon your bird will be back!
2017-2-9
Use props
GSI_IRE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121460 ft
Ireland

If you want to be pedantic about it... 1-3 days... Its day 4 before you can consider complaining. Plus you have to take time zones etc into account. I see your based in the UK, so drone is probably gone to Holland for repair, but the IT systems are most likely based in China or wherever DJI HeadOffice is, so when they 1-3 days what time zone is that based on, China is what, 8hr difference to UK?
2017-2-9
Use props
MasterT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14068 ft
United States

In a utopian society a "customer is always right" might work, not in real life we live in. Any business following "customer is always right" will ultimately fail. Rules and procedures is the only way to run a business, and customers are more often wrong than right as they are inherently biased.
2017-2-9
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MasterT Posted at 2017-2-9 09:06
In a utopian society a "customer is always right" might work, not in real life we live in. Any business following "customer is always right" will ultimately fail. Rules and procedures is the only way to run a business, and customers are more often wrong than right as they are inherently biased.

It is not utopian society. I have been in a business for more than 20 years and our customers base has multiplied each year. Being courteous and try to find a solution but Kangaroo went ballistic on the OP and that is why I jumped in.

Of course there are rules but when the business like DJI don't follow their rules than the customer has the right to voice their concerns. Beside this OP there are hundreds of examples. From Patches to firmware to MP  fiasco to mailing back the wrong units etc... But to keep DJI on their track and improve as company which will benefit all of us than customers concerns need to be heard and acted on it.

I own P3P, P4, P4P, P4P+ and MP the issue here is some folks try to jump and intimidate any one who voice their concerns instead of learning from DJI mod on how they respond to customer's complaints.

DJI mod don't scream and yell and act sarcastic, do they? No..even if the customer is off the top they respond and try to work with them. That is what I mean by " CUSTOMERS IS ALWAYS WRIGHT".

That is all....
2017-2-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

dronist Posted at 2017-2-9 09:28
It is not utopian society. I have been in a business for more than 20 years and our customers base has multiplied each year. Being courteous and try to find a solution but Kangaroo went ballistic on the OP and that is why I jumped in.

Of course there are rules but when the business like DJI don't follow their rules than the customer has the right to voice their concerns. Beside this OP there are hundreds of examples. From Patches to firmware to MP  fiasco to mailing back the wrong units etc... But to keep DJI on their track and improve as company which will benefit all of us than customers concerns need to be heard and acted on it.

I don't fully employ this to the OP, but there are many around here like this.

Using the slogan “The customer is always right,” abusive customers can demand just about anything — they’re right by definition, aren’t they? This makes the employees’ jobs that much harder when trying to rein them in.

Also, it means that abusive people get better treatment and conditions than nice people. That always seemed wrong to me, and it makes much more sense to be nice to the nice customers to keep them coming back.
2017-2-9
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

dronist Posted at 2017-2-9 09:28

He went ballistic ???

Calm down dronsist.... no need to lose your cool champ... no need to threaten to kill people.. stop cutting yourself psycho.

You believe DJI a multi billion dollar company ... should be taking advice from you ? hahaha .. i'm going to assume your company is not worth billions ... so shouldn't you be taking advice and following the practises of a FAR more successful business not the other way around?

I own strawberry jam, blackberry jam, apricot jam, and Raspberry jam the issue here is the OP is a typical whining customer who believes the entire world revolves around their self.

The stated 3 days hasn't even expired yet ... 9 times out of ten the customer is always wrong.

That is all...

2017-2-9
Use props
avbond
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-2-8 19:59
Accurate information?

Ok , trying to find any positive help here ! why so negative my points are legitimate read theses forums.
I was asking this 4-5 hours after end of day 3 , DJI say 1-3 days not me ! , spend more time with positive helpful information as this has added no value to anybody and if in your words "i dont think it should be tolerated " you have a choice continue to type rubbish or go away , by the way did you mean impetuous impetulance is not a word ! now that's helpful information.

Thanks to other that added some value.
2017-2-9
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-2-9 09:47
I don't fully employ this to the OP, but there are many around here like this.

Using the slogan “The customer is always right,” abusive customers can demand just about anything — they’re right by definition, aren’t they? This makes the employees’ jobs that much harder when trying to rein them in.

Am with you but what am referring here to is, that everyone else "EXCEPT DJI mod" are acting and behaving like they are customer service which they obviously don't know any thing about customer service...

Or how much it cost to acquire a new customer instead of keeping a customer. Being customer oriented company is NOT a bad thing but it is how to turn lemon into lemonade.

Again, as I said before, customers are always right but there is business rules to follow where you can explain to the customers, NO MATTER HOW RUDE OR HOW OBNACTIOUS they are, you can do it with RESPECT and NOT by bullying and sarcasim or any other demeaning....

Again, does DJI mod scream , write in red, make fun, yell or act sarcastic towards any customers in this forum, do they?  NO THEY DON'T...

Even if the customer is off the top they would respond respectfully and try to work with them.

That is what I meant by " CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS WRIGHT".

2017-2-9
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2017-2-9 10:41
He went ballistic ???

Calm down dronsist.... no need to lose your cool champ... no need to threaten to kill people.. stop cutting yourself psycho.

Read my post below...
2017-2-9
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

avbond Posted at 2017-2-9 12:22
Ok , trying to find any positive help here ! why so negative my points are legitimate read theses forums.
I was asking this 4-5 hours after end of day 3 , DJI say 1-3 days not me ! , spend more time with positive helpful information as this has added no value to anybody and if in your words "i dont think it should be tolerated " you have a choice continue to type rubbish or go away , by the way did you mean impetuous impetulance is not a word ! now that's helpful information.

Don't pay any attention to any of their remarks. Wait until you get a response from a MODERATOR so hopefully your issue will be solved.
2017-2-9
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansea692431 Posted at 2017-2-9 09:49
Customer is never always right.  Especially because of black consumers. Don't get angry at service reps they are only following company protocol.

Wowww....Racism in full display....
2017-2-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

dronist Posted at 2017-2-9 13:11
Am with you but what am referring here to is, that everyone else "EXCEPT DJI mod" are acting and behaving like they are customer service which they obviously don't know any thing about customer service...

Or how much it cost to acquire a new customer instead of keeping a customer. Being customer oriented company is NOT a bad thing but it is how to turn lemon into lemonade.

Hi dronist, you make a very valid point and I understand where your coming from , I suppose if customer service was up to scratch , we wouldn't have any need to be having this conversation.
Look after yourself, good luck..
2017-2-9
Use props
avbond
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-2-9 13:38
Hi dronist, you make a very valid point and I understand where your coming from , I suppose if customer service was up to scratch , we wouldn't have any need to be having this conversation.

agree with you both
2017-2-9
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112169 ft
Netherlands

The customer is NOT always right:
- some customers lie, simply to try and avoid paid repairs, or because they are impatient, or any other reason that will benefit them,
- some customers are misinformed,
- some customers have the wrong expectations,
- some customers misunderstood the given information,
- some customers only listen to the bits they want to hear (and thus misunderstand the given information, and get the wrong expectations),
- many more reasons to fill in for yourself.

And of course this:
https://notalwaysright.com
2017-2-9
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112169 ft
Netherlands

By the way: a customer who is wrong doesn't deserve to be treated badly, nor to be yelled at, abused, or whatever. I think everyone should be treated with respect. For instance, a customer who is wrong can be handled with respect by providing them the correct information (if they have the wrong expectations or the wrong information) and using that to help them with the issue. But never say that the customer is always right by deafault, because that simply ain't true.
2017-2-9
Use props
avbond
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Not to fussed who is right or wrong , just a update would have been good .DJI set there terms of service not me , I have a update now all in hand.
2017-2-9
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

avbond Posted at 2017-2-9 14:28
Not to fussed who is right or wrong , just a update would have been good .DJI set there terms of service not me , I have a update now all in hand.

The update you would have got had you waited the appointed time indicated by DJI?
I see you throw in your 4-5 hour excuse for starting this whinge thread, yet you claimed " it says 1-3 days to unpack , today is the 3rd day " in your original post. Then you claim " I was asking this 4-5 hours after end of day 3"
Umm so your excuse of 4 hours after COB local means you can start acting like a tot ?
They cant both be true and what has legitimacy got to do with " my points are legitimate read theses forums." ?
So other peoples whinge threads empower you to start your own ?
Others have rightly noted difference in time zones which you seem to ignore. Regardless, this is nothing but a whinge fest. Hope your happy now.

2017-2-9
Use props
avbond
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-2-9 15:00
The update you would have got had you waited the appointed time indicated by DJI?
I see you throw in your 4-5 hour excuse for starting this whinge thread, yet you claimed " it says 1-3 days to unpack , today is the 3rd day " in your original post. Then you claim " I was asking this 4-5 hours after end of day 3"
Umm so your excuse of 4 hours after COB local means you can start acting like a tot ?

oh dear here again to offer nothing, where do you get off on insulting people , I don't need to use excuses your not in charge , I use FACTS , and here`s is a fact NL in 1 hour in front of UK, it still does not alter I was making a enquiry request at the end of day 3 , what is wrong with that , I'm afraid it you acting like a child with you useless comments, like I said you have a choice , my suggestion would be go away and see if you can be more helpful to somebody else.
2017-2-9
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

avbond Posted at 2017-2-9 15:16
oh dear here again to offer nothing, where do you get off on insulting people , I don't need to use excuses your not in charge , I use FACTS , and here`s is a fact NL in 1 hour in front of UK, it still does not alter I was making a enquiry request at the end of day 3 , what is wrong with that , I'm afraid it you acting like a child with you useless comments, like I said you have a choice , my suggestion would be go away and see if you can be more helpful to somebody else.

Now now pet, just sit back and let DJI take care of your return in the timeframe they have setout.No need to get all defensive about starting this ranting thread because you require special treatment.
Its ok, we all just hope DJI doesnt fluff up any other part of the process to get your item returned, because some of us are getting a little peaved with this style of thread clogging up the forums.

2017-2-9
Use props
avbond
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-2-9 15:47
Now now pet, just sit back and let DJI take care of your return in the timeframe they have setout.No need to get all defensive about starting this ranting thread because you require special treatment.
Its ok, we all just hope DJI doesnt fluff up any other part of the process to get your item returned, because some of us are getting a little peaved with this style of thread clogging up the forums.

I don't care what you think , like I said your not in charge , you still have nothing to offer , you still cant be civil.

try a nice approach , you might make some friends , hopefully somewhere else.

what is your agenda

I don't  require and special treatment , just a answer to a simple question ,which bit don't you get !
2017-2-9
Use props
fansea692431
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263737 ft
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-2-9 13:16
Wowww....Racism in full display....

Black consumers refers to consumers who tries to take advantage of sellers i.e. buy a dress wear it one day for party then return it next day for full refund.  I don't know if you genuinely didn't understand the term and made mistake or just wanted to troll.
2017-2-9
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-2-9 13:38

Thx Hallmark... Appreciate that...Nice word is free and bad word is free... it is up to us to decide which one to use and who we want to be.

Happy St Patty!  (I know it is early...)
2017-2-9
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansea692431 Posted at 2017-2-9 16:44
Black consumers refers to consumers who tries to take advantage of sellers i.e. buy a dress wear it one day for party then return it next day for full refund.  I don't know if you genuinely didn't understand the term and made mistake or just wanted to troll.

Are you for real???.... and who is the one trolling here?

What about white people doing the same thing, would you still call them "Black Consumers"???

or will you call them  "White Trash Consumers"   

It is the 21st century....  

By the way, google it and let us know how many articles refer to what you refer to...

2017-2-9
Use props
fansea692431
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263737 ft
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-2-9 17:12
Are you for real???.... and who is the one trolling here?

What about white people doing the same thing, would you still call them "Black Consumers"???

It's irregardless of race.
2017-2-9
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansea692431 Posted at 2017-2-9 17:31
It's irregardless of race.

With all due respect, I never ever heard that before. Maybe I was in an alternative fact or world, so I googled it to make sure I was NOT. I went thru the first 20 pages and no mention about what the meaning that you referred to.

All the searches only refers to "African American Consumers" and NOT what you said.
2017-2-9
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

awww dont turn this valuable thread into a race debate lol

Lets all get back to how the OP thinks DJI have a nerve to set the customer advisory for the unpacking schedule to a maximum of three days.
Read the title if you think it is incorrect for me to make that assumption.

I save you scrolling up " 1-3 days to unpack !! "

Why cant people just contact DJI with their personal concerns without making it public as some sort of leverage to have things sped up?
Then there are the threats which always accompany this leverage.
I still call this thread a whinge fest and cant see how DJi can win with these tactics. They are operating in accordance of their own estimates.

10 9  8....

2017-2-9
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Thread closed because it has become uncivil. Take bickering to PMs if you need to.
2017-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules