SD card help
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chappy
lvl.2

Denmark

Hi All,

I am hoping someone may be able to help.

So problem is while not watching what I was doing I installed a new SD card which appears to be now stuck, I may have inserted it upside down not real sure as I wasn't paying attention. I know I'm an idiot. Any suggestions on how to remove this as I can't grab it with hands or small tweezers.

Help please

Cheers

Chappy
2017-2-8
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

The only thing I can think to do is to use a pin and carefully try to lever the card up from each end a bit at a time. Just hope you haven't damaged your card or the spring mechanism in the sd card slot.
2017-2-9
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

Very, very carefully you could try superglue on a very small paper clip, you need hands of a surgeon.
2017-2-9
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

any luck and/or how did you do it?
Regards,
-d.
2017-2-14
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Yikes. That might require disassembly of the Mavic to get at, which possibly invalidates your warranty?

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/DJI+Mavic+Pro++Teardown/75225

Might be worth sending in to a service center if the above video scares you, or if you can confirm whether opening up the Mavic will invalidate your warranty.

Good luck.
2017-2-14
Use props
Chappy
lvl.2

Denmark

I will give a couple of these a go not going to look into opening up just yet, I'll have to try this next week as I'm at work in the USA and the mavic is tucked up at home in UK.
I will post later with result good or bad.

Any other tips welcome not worried about damaging the card just not the drone.

Cheers all

Chappy
2017-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules