Sensor alignment problem, have to pay for shipping
846 5 2017-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stokke
lvl.2
Flight distance : 207339 ft
Norway

I bought my Mavic directly from DJI Online store on the Sept. the 28th.
I have been suspecting that I had a problem with sensor alignment since the first online reports about this issue. Finally I got to compare my mavic to another one and my sensor is obviously out of alignment and has been this way since day 1. I have video and images that proves this.

I was also hesitant to try to send it in earlier since DJI could not deliver enough Mavics, but now that the supply is getting better I thought I might get it sorted, especially since I got to see my friends mavic that he has been waiting months for.

I contacted DJI Support EU for the RMA and they were kind enough, although not very demanding when it comes to proof of the issue etc. It seems like they are used this problem with the Mavic by now. I only sent them the two images below in my first mail, and they never asked for any further proof. But when I got the RMA form they said I had to use a private courier like DHL etc. Are you kidding me?! They want me to pay over €100 for shipping it back to them? I was expecting a pre-paid shipping label and an arranged pick-up as there is no question that this problem has been this way since the start and that seems to be what others on the forum has been given as well.
What would you guys do next?

DJI-Ken, Mindy, Thor, any suggestions?

Single frames exported from 4K:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d5pcz4xcu5c67j0/DJI_0002.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/22z4rietighguf2/DJI_0006.jpg?dl=0

Edited to include where I bought the Mavic

2017-2-8
Use props
Egika
lvl.2
Flight distance : 379593 ft

Hong Kong

Did you buy it from DJI directly? Then they should pay for the warranty case handling.
If you bought it from a retalier -> this is your address to get it fixed.
2017-2-8
Use props
Stokke
lvl.2
Norway

Egika Posted at 2017-2-8 23:50
Did you buy it from DJI directly? Then they should pay for the warranty case handling.
If you bought it from a retalier -> this is your address to get it fixed.

Bought at DJI Online store, edited first post to include this
2017-2-8
Use props
Peut
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1761181 ft
Netherlands

Same issue here, altough I was able to send it in with a prepaid UPS shipping label. Still in the process though.
2017-2-9
Use props
fansc2962bbc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29452 ft
Norway

Only 100 euro. I had to pay 240 euro  for DHL Economy  shipping Oslo-Barendrecht NL (incl. Tracking and insurance.)Thats crazy.
2017-2-9
Use props
Stokke
lvl.2
Norway

Not sure about the shipping cost, but a quick online estimate showed that it would cost more than 100 euro, did not se if that was incl. tracking and insurance..

Really disappointing that DJI does not cover this cost! The camera and gimbal is still under warranty and the photo's I've provided leaves no doubt that there is a problem.
2017-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules