GPS dropout/ Compass issues.....Solutions?
719 0 2015-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patou72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

Hello,

Just saw a post from TahoeEd where he wrote:

The problem is know.  It is a compass issue.  When the FC detects what it considers an abnormal compass reading it disables the GPS and throws the Inspire into ATTI mode.  Some people are not accustomed to flying in ATTI mode and the craft will drift.

Now my question:
- Why in this case the GPS needs to Dropout? Can't see the reason! if you talk about savety first then the craft should just stay in hover mode with the GPS lock. I don't care about a drift in the Yaw axis in this moment (when we have bad Compass Data) but when you have some wind and the craft is close to e.g. some trees because you want to have a good shot with your camera....so then a switch to Atti mode could be a disaster.

So please understand that in the case of a bad compass signal i prefer that my craft stays in GPS hover mode right where it is and don't start to drift with the wind. I'm not talking about pilot skills and that everybody should be able to fly in Atti mode, its just a security concern for me and my craft.

Please Tahoe_Ed can you consider this or give us an indication what will be the future update to fix this issue?

Thanks a lot

2015-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules