Mavic keeps adjusting focus every 15s
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnygoerend
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94738 ft
Luxembourg

Hi folks,

I've got the problem with my mavic that it keeps adjusting focus during filming, which is quite annoying. At first I thought i was maybe hitting (without noticing) the C1 button (to which I've set focus), but then I really took all hands of the buttons and the screen, but it sill adjusted focus without any input from me. As you can see this in the footage, it's a problem. Have you maybe experienced this, or am I missing sth that can be changed in the settings? Because I can't find anything, even after going through the manual (again).
2017-2-9
Use props
chippie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12976 ft
United Kingdom

Tap to focus on a high contrast object at infinity then go into the menu and set it to Manual Focus. Not had mine out for a while so cannot remember the exact location to set it to MF but it is in there somewhere.
2017-2-9
Use props
Egika
lvl.2
Flight distance : 379593 ft

Hong Kong

If you update the Go4 app on your iphone to 4.0.3 there is now a switch in the camera settings to disable constant focusing.
2017-2-9
Use props
PAYBACK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 683885 ft
South Africa

Egika Posted at 2017-2-9 01:18
If you update the Go4 app on your iphone to 4.0.3 there is now a switch in the camera settings to disable constant focusing.

Have 4.0.3 and do not see this setting?
2017-2-9
Use props
Egika
lvl.2

China

Look harder
IMG_0195.PNG
2017-2-9
Use props
johnygoerend
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94738 ft
Luxembourg

I see .. this mysterious "AFC" mode. Well, it's documented nowhere (even when searching for it now) and just by seeing it you can't expect users to guess that it's continous auto focus. Furthermore I expected it, just as AE lock and focusing/AE switch, to be somewhere on the main screen.

thanks anyway.
2017-2-9
Use props
PAYBACK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 683885 ft
South Africa

Needs to be connected to Mavic to show up I'm assuming? Another reason why DJI should investigate being able pre-load preferences in DJI GO 4 app without having to have the drone connected!
2017-2-9
Use props
Egika
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Yes, you need to be connected. But that is the case for most of the settings since they are stored in the aircraft. the phone doesn't know the setting of the craft without being connected...
2017-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules