5619 56 2017-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patou72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

Hello,

I'm back again with the same problem without any response from DJI. I found what i call some inconsistent Software behaviour (Or strange logic of the Firmware developpers) which was reported earlier without any solution at this day and i ask the members of the forum to test this out please. It may be a problem with my I2 and that's why i would have some members to check their units.

The Inspire2 responds very bad to YAW stick inputs in follow mode. Take a look on the video and give me some feedback...

Thanks

Patrick

2017-2-9
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5821539 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi Patrick - had the same issue. Just changed (lowered) the settings and I got the right behaviour of the bird.
2017-2-9
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Switzerland

GerryPacher Posted at 2017-2-9 10:07
Hi Patrick - had the same issue. Just changed (lowered) the settings and I got the right behaviour of the bird.

Hallo Gerry,

Besten Dank für deine Antwort, ist schon mal gut zu wissen das es nicht ein Einzelfall ist.
Könntest du mir bitte genau sagen welche settings du (lowered) hast?
Ich habe so ziemlich alles ausprobiert (Exp, Sensitivity, Gain) aber keine Aenderung feststellen können.

Könnte es sein das ich da was verschwitzt habe?

Besten Dank für eine Antwort, werde dann Morgen wieder einen Versuch machen (und hoffentlich klappt es dann)

Besten Dank

Patrick
PS: Deine webpage sieht Toll aus...
2017-2-9
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

GerryPacher Posted at 2017-2-9 10:07

What  setting did you lower?  The  gains , the expo ?  and then why would it work in FPV ?

donnie
2017-2-9
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

patou72 Posted at 2017-2-9 10:45
Hallo Gerry,

Besten Dank für deine Antwort, ist schon mal gut zu wissen das es nicht ein Einzelfall ist.

I just went outside and messed  with all my settings ( gain , expo, sensetivity etc ) and could not duplicate the problem , the only thing I can suggest is perhaps a "Stick Calibration "  this is very strange if you find a solution let me know .  (I do own the Inspire 1 though. Just thought it may have the some of the same settings but no luck)

give it a try please

donnie
2017-2-9
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Switzerland

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-2-9 11:53
I just went outside and messed  with all my settings ( gain , expo, sensetivity etc ) and could not duplicate the problem , the only thing I can suggest is perhaps a "Stick Calibration "  this is very strange if you find a solution let me know .  (I do own the Inspire 1 though. Just thought it may have the some of the same settings but no luck)

give it a try please

Hello Donnie,

Thanks to give some input. The stick calibration was done the day before at the same time as the refresh of the firmware, uninstall and reinstall DJI Go App 4, IMU and compass calibration. So long i'm a little bit concerned to fly the I2 in the moment, i don't feel sure...
I own also an Inspire1 and it flies like a dream but most important, the settings and the parameters are logical and clear.
Now i don't get it why they can't reproduce the same pattern of use for the inspire 2 with all the enhancements?
Bets thing to do is to wait for the next firmware update and we will see how it works.

Thanks

Patrick
2017-2-9
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

patou72 Posted at 2017-2-9 13:02
Hello Donnie,

Thanks to give some input. The stick calibration was done the day before at the same time as the refresh of the firmware, uninstall and reinstall DJI Go App 4, IMU and compass calibration. So long i'm a little bit concerned to fly the I2 in the moment, i don't feel sure...

Best of luck , sorry I can't help further . Did you do a camera gimbal calibration als after the IMU  ?  Might help..... but doubt it , cant hurt though.....!

donnie
2017-2-9
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, I watched your video and was amazed of this action! Sorry you are having trouble.

It does appear to be a software bug of some kind with the Go App.

Does the Yaw work normally when the Inspire 2 is not connected to the DJI app using normal remote settings? I understand that you can't change any settings but just wondering if the App controlling the Inspire is the problem and not the FW version.  

Thanks
Rich
2017-2-9
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Switzerland

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-2-9 14:13
Wow, I watched your video and was amazed of this action! Sorry you are having trouble.

It does appear to be a software bug of some kind with the Go App.

Hello RichJ53,

Thanks, i will survive.
Good idea to test it without the Dji Go App. Will try it tomorrow and report back.

Patrick
2017-2-9
Use props
fanse186c04e
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

HI Patau,

What are your nummers?

Mine are:

DJI Inspire 2, X5S, Ipad min 4

- app:    version: 4.0.3
- Aircraft   version: 01.00.0135
- Remote    version: 01.00.0050
- camera       version: 01.01.14.43

And yours?, just to find out whats going on for your problem..

Thanks,

Vince
2017-2-9
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 768448 ft
United States

Oh man....... so much for adjusting attitude....... I'll try mine this weekend and I bet I'll find the same issue.
2017-2-9
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
United Kingdom

I don't have this issue on my I2. I can't replicate and i'm using standard settings.

Can i ask what was the I2 doing before you tried this test? Did you use any "mode" in the intelligent flight selection? If so did you revert to normal so the "mode" program reverts to normal?
2017-2-9
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
United States

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-2-9 20:08
I don't have this issue on my I2. I can't replicate and i'm using standard settings.

Can i ask what was the I2 doing before you tried this test? Did you use any "mode" in the intelligent flight selection? If so did you revert to normal so the "mode" program reverts to normal?

What are your sensitivity settings at default Dr. Jon?  Mine match what Patou has........ so I'm inclined to believe we're suffering the same issues.  Also, as you can see, adjusting attitude did absolutely nothing.
2017-2-9
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Switzerland

I wonder where are all the staff members of DJI like DJI Ken/Jamie/Nathalia/Mindy and all the others...??? Normally they are real fast when somebody reports a problem.

Hope to get some feedback of them soon, because i start to get the feeling we're a little bit left alone with all this bugs...and as usual no comment from DJI about a new firmware release...
2017-2-10
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Switzerland

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-2-9 20:08

It happens last week. First 2 flights all was normal and all of a sudden i had this problem in follow mode. Since then nothing changed.
I can't use my I2 like this and it will stay grounded until we get a new firmware version.
And yes i used the intelligent flight modes and could not exit properly the program. I needed to close the DJI Go App 4 to exit...

It seems that there's a lot of work to do to correct all these glitches, bugs, problems in a future firmware update. I like the I2 but the software is not finished nor stable...
2017-2-10
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
United States

I confronted them about the the sensitivity and exp settings and they were not happy.  Also, they didn't have any answers for me which was a bit discouraging.  However, everyone here on the forum is very helpful and this is where my problems get solved.
2017-2-10
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

patou72 Posted at 2017-2-10 04:17
It happens last week. First 2 flights all was normal and all of a sudden i had this problem in follow mode. Since then nothing changed.
I can't use my I2 like this and it will stay grounded until we get a new firmware version.
And yes i used the intelligent flight modes and could not exit properly the program. I needed to close the DJI Go App 4 to exit...

Have you tried rebooting the R/C i have seen a few threads that the cure has been this simple task.

Worth a try? All i can say is mine doesn't have the problem...
A few weeks ago I had issues of loosing camera control so i couldnt change  resoltions or any other functions in that particular area of the GO 4 app.

I got no real help from DJI and in the end did a reboot on the R/C and now all i 100%...
2017-2-10
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
United States

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-2-10 18:25
Have you tried rebooting the R/C i have seen a few threads that the cure has been this simple task.

Worth a try? All i can say is mine doesn't have the problem...

I'm assuming you mean a reset of the RC and then pairing it back up?
2017-2-10
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

YES the reason i suggest is i had a problem with intermittent camera controls even reloading the GO 4 app would only give a temporary fix.

Once i had rebooted the R/C i have had no issues since.
2017-2-10
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Switzerland

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-2-10 18:55
YES the reason i suggest is i had a problem with intermittent camera controls even reloading the GO 4 app would only give a temporary fix.

Once i had rebooted the R/C i have had no issues since.

Thanks for the Help Dr Jon.

Gonna try this and hope it works as well as for you. Glad to see that you have found a good turn around for your camera control problems.

Will report back later

Patrick
2017-2-11
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

Also have you tried reloading your firmware on the I2? Its just i have the same I2 as you and mine don't do what yours does. So process of elimination. Reload everything

let me know once you find the culprit
2017-2-11
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Switzerland

Hello dear Forum members,

First thanks for all your support.

Today the miracle happenedafter the third flight My I2 responded all of a sudden normally to the YAW stick inputs of the RC. Don't ask me why but (for the moment) the I2 don't have anymore this sluggish behaviour.
I just updated the Go App4 in the beginning that's all i did. Strange thing is that within the 3 first flights the behaviour was as described in the video...but for the 4th flight everything seemed normal again. Hope it stays like that.

Patrick
2017-2-11
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Switzerland

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-2-11 04:44
Also have you tried reloading your firmware on the I2? Its just i have the same I2 as you and mine don't do what yours does. So process of elimination. Reload everything

let me know once you find the culprit

Hello Dr Jon,

I did the reset to factory settings and the refresh of the firmware yesterday in the evening. And today for the first 3 flights i had the same behaviour as before. But for the 4th flight all changed and it seems to work again...(had also an update for the Go App, Version 4.0.2 Android).

Thanks for all the help

Patrick

2017-2-11
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
United States

Hi Patrick,
     I tested mine and toggled between follow and free mode for the camera.  I wasn't able to get the same behavior as you.  However that is where the unsimilarity ended.  As everyone had recommended, I did put the attitude at 100.  Just like you, changing attitude made absolutely no difference in the performance of the aircraft.  Furthermore. I played with all the exp settings.  I put them all at 40/40/40.  No change was observed.  I put them st 50/35/40.  No change was observed..........  I'm at a loss here.  My main complain is how delayed and sluggish forward flight is.  Press the left stick all the way forward and watch it slowly gain speed. In fact, i was only able to get it to 35 mph.  When I switch to sport mode, the left stick is responsive like it should be.  I was able to get it to 54 mph in sport mode.
2017-2-11
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

GabeZ Posted at 2017-2-11 15:37
Hi Patrick,
     I tested mine and toggled between follow and free mode for the camera.  I wasn't able to get the same behavior as you.  However that is where the unsimilarity ended.  As everyone had recommended, I did put the attitude at 100.  Just like you, changing attitude made absolutely no difference in the performance of the aircraft.  Furthermore. I played with all the exp settings.  I put them all at 40/40/40.  No change was observed.  I put them st 50/35/40.  No change was observed..........  I'm at a loss here.  My main complain is how delayed and sluggish forward flight is.  Press the left stick all the way forward and watch it slowly gain speed. In fact, i was only able to get it to 35 mph.  When I switch to sport mode, the left stick is responsive like it should be.  I was able to get it to 54 mph in sport mode.

Have you tried to reboot as i mentioned? Again i don't have this problem ...
2017-2-11
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
United States

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-2-11 17:47
Have you tried to reboot as i mentioned? Again i don't have this problem ...

Hi Jon,
   You don't get any sluggishness on forward flight?  I'm comparing this directly to the responsiveness of the Inspire 1.  I can reset my RC, re-link, and then try again for next weekend.  But I bet it will perform exactly the same.  The problem is not that it doesn't fly forward.  The problem isn't even in the calibration or the stick itself.  The problem is in the responsiveness of the aircraft.
2017-2-11
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Switzerland

GabeZ Posted at 2017-2-11 15:37
Hi Patrick,

Hello GabeZ,

The "Funny thing" is that for your I2 also the forward flight direction is sluggish. For my I2 it was "Only" the Yaw. It's surprising how randomly the problems are actually.
Actually i don't trust the I2 until we have a firmware fix for Both RC/AC and a tested and fonctional DJI Go App 4. In the moment it's for sure working but i'm a little bit scared when i see some popup windows saying that i got an inconsistent firmware and after taking a look with the assistant App everything seems to be fine.

I'm sure these beginning problems with a new product will disappear with the time, but in fact i can't use the I2 for work now because i don't trust it in the moment.

Luckily i got an I1 working very well...

Hope we will have a fix soon

Patrick
2017-2-12
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

GabeZ Posted at 2017-2-11 18:02
Hi Jon,
   You don't get any sluggishness on forward flight?  I'm comparing this directly to the responsiveness of the Inspire 1.  I can reset my RC, re-link, and then try again for next weekend.  But I bet it will perform exactly the same.  The problem is not that it doesn't fly forward.  The problem isn't even in the calibration or the stick itself.  The problem is in the responsiveness of the aircraft.

Mine does almost a nose dive when i hit the stick hard and is at almost full speed within 2 seconds I most certainly have no complaints.
2017-2-12
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5821539 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

patou72 Posted at 2017-2-9 10:45
Hallo Gerry,

Hoi Patrick, - sorry - ich war ein paar Tage nicht da. Ja, ich hatte dieses behavior nachdem ich ein paar "tuning" Einstellungen vorgenommen hatte. Aus diesem Grund habe ich den Vogel gelandet und dann einen Reset der Einstellungen vorgenommen. Das hat bei mir geholfen. Nun fliege ich mit den Standardeinstellungen, welche ja nicht ganz meinem Profil entsprechen. Naja, der nächste Firmware Update kommt ja bestimmt.

Hattest Du eine Lösung für Dein Problem?

Beste Grüsse, Gerry (und danke für Dein Feedback).  
2017-2-12
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

patou72 Posted at 2017-2-12 00:43
Hello GabeZ,

The "Funny thing" is that for your I2 also the forward flight direction is sluggish. For my I2 it was "Only" the Yaw. It's surprising how randomly the problems are actually.

there has been a new version of code issued to !2 with X5S and full codecs. From my chat with those lucky guys there are many other fixes / changes. so maybe soon who knows we get an update as well.
2017-2-12
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

This is a very interesting anamoly, when you do find a solution please let us know . The part that has me vexed is others who have the I2 don't seem to have this problem , perhaps if you take DR Jon suggestion to Re boot ( re set ? )  that may help .  You could first just try with GO APP, simply re sync, delete then are install followed by the RC reset and then the AC.  I think the RE set for any presets on the RC is the same as the Inspire 1 but I don't know 100% for certain.
To reset the RC of presets: ( This works on the Inspire 1 and I think On the I 2 , I will do my best to confirm this ).
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off. ( press and hold all three , then power off )
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

You would have to go over all the settings and of course re link but this may be worth a shot since it sounds like some sort of glitch in the system .  

donnie

2017-2-12
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
United States

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-2-12 01:12
Mine does almost a nose dive when i hit the stick hard and is at almost full speed within 2 seconds I most certainly have no complaints.

Hi Jon,
   While in P mode, I don't get a nose dive with full stick.  In fact, I'll record it by next weekend to show how bad it really is.  Only when in S mode do I get a nose dive with full stick.  I have a weird suspicion that I maybe turned something on for the obstacle avoidance that is causing this.  I recall turning on a setting that was horizontal obstacle avoidance.  It's was the only setting that was left off from default.  Perhaps the aircraft is always looking to avoid things and slowing down.
2017-2-12
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Switzerland

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-2-12 06:03
there has been a new version of code issued to !2 with X5S and full codecs. From my chat with those lucky guys there are many other fixes / changes. so maybe soon who knows we get an update as well.

Hello Dr Jon,

Can you give some more details about this please ?

Thanks

Patrick
2017-2-12
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

patou72 Posted at 2017-2-12 11:27
Hello Dr Jon,

Can you give some more details about this please ?

If you connect your I2 to the assistant 2 program if yours is one that an update is available then it will show there. It has done it for one of my drones and not the others difference was one has all the codecs and X5S the others are just X4S. so it looks like the new version is for codec versions only the new firmware is version 01.00.0220 on the AC
2017-2-12
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Switzerland

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-2-12 17:16
If you connect your I2 to the assistant 2 program if yours is one that an update is available then it will show there. It has done it for one of my drones and not the others difference was one has all the codecs and X5S the others are just X4S. so it looks like the new version is for codec versions only the new firmware is version 01.00.0220 on the AC

Thanks Dr Jon,

I understand now. I think you are right and maybe in a few days there will be an update for the I2 X4S...
2017-2-13
Use props
thomasakira
lvl.3
Flight distance : 921693 ft
United States

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-2-12 17:16

must be arbitrary,  I have the raw licenses ... connected to Assistant 2 v 1.09 and I am current with the "official" release ... which for me is 0135

perhaps you are a beta tester and don't know it yet
2017-2-13
Use props
Flory
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2277503 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine is doing the same thing . Turn it an stop it'll continue to turn. I cannot find firmware on dji's site . Is it in assistant 2 ? . Not very pleased
2017-2-15
Use props
Electro-Nick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7083891 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Patrick, I've just found your video showing the yaw problem you had. This is the exact behaviour I experienced after changing the gimbal yaw settings when I first flew my I2. The big give-away is that you do not experience the issue once you switch the gimbal to free mode instead of follow mode. in follow mode, the aircraft yaw is intentionally used to dampen/smooth out the camera yaw start and end point.  in free mode the aircraft isn't affected by the gimbal damping as the camera stays pointing in one direction while the aircraft can move freely and responsively.

For anyone who ever experiences this behaviour and who finds that changing the aircraft expo settings doesn't free up responsiveness to yaw stick commands, then go into the gimbal settings->advanced settings and either chose a different gimbal profile, or reset the settings.  This behaviour is intentional and isn't a bug in the firmware or djigo, it simply the setting has been over set. Again, These are separate exp settings to those for the aircraft flight profile and are on a totally different settings screen in DJI Go.

If you have other issues with response to pitch, roll and climb input, then this isn't the answer to your problem

Hope this helps someone!
2017-2-15
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Switzerland

Hello Electro-Nick,

Thanks again for your explanation, gonna try it next time when i'm out in the fields. However it's a dangerous behaviour and has no need at all. With the Inspire 1 we have a slider called "Gimbal Pan synchronised follow" for this. No Need to affect the responsivity of the AC to the stick commands. Imagine you're flying in a location with obstacles and you need immediat response to your RC commands...it's not logic to have this kind of smoothing out, this is the Job of the Gimbal.

I appreciate your input but i'm sure there is something wired going on with the Firmware and the Go App, because not every I2 is affected.

Thanks

Patrick
2017-2-15
Use props
Electro-Nick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7083891 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not every I2 is affected simply because a lot of people have never played with the gimbal settings ;)

It is alarming behaviour because the response can be affected so much - when I did it, I changed the settings mid flight and flew back to base with the aircraft giving the weird response & yes it was very very disconcerting, especially with trees and fences to avoid in the landing zone! Not an experience I'm in a hurry to repeat.
2017-2-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules