getting support about Phantom 3 Standard
964 6 2017-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeepsteve
lvl.1

United States

Hi,

I have been thoroughly impressed with product (P3S) and am looking forward to getting back out.  However, this is my second post and is in regards to my disappointment in resolving issues. First I did what  I could to resolve this issue of firm ware update and alarms by checking forum form similar issues and could not resolve. Second; I contacted support and told them my problem, responses were very delayed and I don’t feel thorough  effort in resolving this without RMA was applied; however this is just an assumption as my issue could have history that warrant’s RMA every time and the tech recognized this. I did try to add more detail through email including new log files found on my phone I felt were pertinent to the issue but failed to get any response from them. Third; I opened a thread on the DJI forum on 2/5, got views but no comments. Although I am not great at all this technological stuff and have never submitted to any type of forum, my post appears visible and I believe I did everything correctly. I was hoping for some sort of dialog that would further my education, promote self-reliance. And get me flying again. Per there last suggestion I did online repair request on 2/6 and just received UPS label today 2/9 but don’t need to send it back right away and would still like to take shot at fixing this myself. I can certainly postpone return If there is anyone online or DJI on staff that are willing to take on a challenge if there is any hope of self repair.

Regards,

2017-2-9
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

* I edited the title to reflect the content better

Sorry about your experience.  I suggest you send it in.  It's basically the firmware upgrade got stuck in the middle somewhere, can't proceed and can't rollback either.  So you have to send it in to us to use our special tool to reset the drone.
2017-2-9
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-9 18:48

Can't we just Jtag it and fix it ourselves?

Nah just joking send it back.
2017-2-9
Use props
jeepsteve
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-9 18:48

thanks DJI-Thor
the title was to draw attention to the service i felt was lacking. i still have no response from DJI on my phantom 3 standard thread. i will get this shipped out today. appreciate the reply.
2017-2-10
Use props
Knobbynomates
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18504 ft
United Kingdom

jeepsteve Posted at 2017-2-10 05:55
thanks DJI-Thor
the title was to draw attention to the service i felt was lacking. i still have no response from DJI on my phantom 3 standard thread. i will get this shipped out today. appreciate the reply.

I've had my Standard for almost a year now. I've always updated through the app with no problems. However, my first attempt at updating to 1.8 whatever it is failed at about 40% with exactly the same noise as you get. I see you don't have any props on, but are the motors 'twitching' on the beep too? that's what mine did.

I switched everything off, deleted the go app and on a restart I got the update banner again but it beeped loudly all through the update (took about 20 minutes)

It scared the cr*p out of me but all is working fine now
2017-2-10
Use props
jeepsteve
lvl.1

United States

Knobbynomates Posted at 2017-2-10 06:14
I've had my Standard for almost a year now. I've always updated through the app with no problems. However, my first attempt at updating to 1.8 whatever it is failed at about 40% with exactly the same noise as you get. I see you don't have any props on, but are the motors 'twitching' on the beep too? that's what mine did.

I switched everything off, deleted the go app and on a restart I got the update banner again but it beeped loudly all through the update (took about 20 minutes)

yes the motor were twitchy. i did the same, deleted everything, reloaded and tried again. continued to fail. tried what i kept reading; just let it beep. however the controller would not reconnect to A/C. any attempt to re-link just didn't work. under DJI advise, sent it back to today.
2017-2-10
Use props
Knobbynomates
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18504 ft
United Kingdom

jeepsteve Posted at 2017-2-10 19:13
yes the motor were twitchy. i did the same, deleted everything, reloaded and tried again. continued to fail. tried what i kept reading; just let it beep. however the controller would not reconnect to A/C. any attempt to re-link just didn't work. under DJI advise, sent it back to today.

.  Hope it's not away for too long
2017-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules