Strange squiggly line on footage!!!!! :O
947 2 2017-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans49a8f4dc
New

Australia

Hi all, I have just setup my drone a few days ago and have had a few test flights. I have been getting these strange lines/distortions on my footage (in particular see 0:20 of the attached clip). These unusual markings tend to be worse when I move at high speeds. Note that when I took the gimbal cover (bubble cover) off these distortions went away... so something to do with the bubble. has anyone experience this or have a solution. https://youtu.be/z0CwY0Jr7Do

Thanks!!
2017-2-10
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

You are either flying with the bubble on or you have a contaminated camera with something behind the front element moving with airflow.
2017-2-10
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

In your own post you've got the solution: Note that when I took the gimbal cover (bubble cover) off these distortions went away... so something to do with the bubble. has anyone experience this or have a solution.

That's it... remove the gimbal cover. It's mean for transportation, and while you can fly with it, it will produce additional artifacts. If you want to add some extra protection plus sun shade, you can find online gimbal covers colored in black and with the central section removed (so the camera FOV is not affected)
2017-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules