Does anyone have any experience with 3.1.3?
2017 24 2017-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ShrubKing
lvl.1
Flight distance : 470390 ft
United States

Hey guys, my phone auto-updated the app to 3.1.3 a few minutes ago. Is it any better than the previous versions? Thanks!
2017-2-10
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

DJI are waiting for you to test it!
2017-2-10
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

uh i like 2.9.1
2017-2-10
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

We're now being forced to update, any older Go app version is being locked out till you do the update!!! Go ahead and try right now, I'm on 3.0.1 and it will NOT load.
2017-2-10
Use props
Microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Well, I am going to hang out and wait for the reviews on the new version.
2017-2-10
Use props
KCadby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 638474 ft
United States

Yup... FORCED UPDATE...
I opened GO this morning (not connected to P3) and the Update REQUIRED window opened up and the ONLY way I could even back out of the App was to "Clear All" on my Tablet...
I know of someone that Flew yesterday with the "newest version of  3.1.2" and he didn't have any issues (and he added that his Home position was correct)...
SO... IF DJI didn't do anything other than Re-Name it as 3.1.3??? HOPEFULLY no-one else is going to LOOSE there P3 because of Bad Software...
Even though I JUST sent the FIRST PAYMENT for my P3 in this week, I guess I'll be testing 3.1.3 out today (Fingers n Toes ALL crossed)...
2017-2-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You must be on an Android device? As iOS 3.1.4 was released on Feb.4.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-10
Use props
Booster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17188 ft
United States

I just had to upgrade to it too.  Normal flight seemed fine.  RTH seemed to work.  I kept getting disconnected during RTH from the wifi.  Also tried the follow me mode and would not work.  Said gps was not supported.  used to be fine on my old version
2017-2-10
Use props
Sam Cornwall
lvl.1
Flight distance : 188346 ft

Sweden

I tried a test flight this avo with the updated go app  (3.1.3) and everything checked out nicely so far. Follow me, way points & point of interest were all fine too. I didn't put a distance limit on it or try the RTH function though. My Phantom 3 Advanced was one of the ones which went AWOL when I did this with the 3.1.2 version and I didn't quite have the balls to try it with this one yet! Here's hoping it's all properly fixed & we can go back to flying with a bit more confidence again once we've checked the latest version out some more.
2017-2-10
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

I upgraded with 2.9.1 and It is horrible, no map screen and horrible connection.
2017-2-10
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

I flew for about half a battery today on Android DJI GO APP 3.1.3 and most current firmware.  I upgraded from Android GO APP 3.0.1.  There were no problems I do think Here Maps are OK and I did not get any interference messages.  So, I am optimistic that this is a good version to fly with.
2017-2-10
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Did a flight today with version 3.1.3 all is good, no issues at all. Didn't test the RTH, as I never use it normally. But the location of the RC seemed correct, as that was the issue before.
2017-2-11
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

Considering the dangerous situation that was presented with original 3.1.2 and new 3.1.2 not triggering an upgrade against original 3.1.2, DJI had to change the version number and insist on getting off of 3.1.2.  Apparently older versions got caught in the stop wash.  I believe the upgrade notice was incorporated into their splash mechanism intended for ads and the like.
2017-2-11
Use props
Jeeptraxx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 345784 ft
Canada

DanMan32 Posted at 2017-2-11 17:32
Considering the dangerous situation that was presented with original 3.1.2 and new 3.1.2 not triggering an upgrade against original 3.1.2, DJI had to change the version number and insist on getting off of 3.1.2.  Apparently older versions got caught in the stop wash.  I believe the upgrade notice was incorporated into their splash mechanism intended for ads and the like.

Just did the update and I'm not very happy, with 3.1.1 and Google maps I could tell what side of the driveway I was standing on ...with the new update here maps was showing me two houses  over , restarted my tablet to see and now it shows me at my neighbors house on the opposite  side.
2017-2-11
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
United States

Jeeptraxx Posted at 2017-2-11 19:25
Just did the update and I'm not very happy, with 3.1.1 and Google maps I could tell what side of the driveway I was standing on ...with the new update here maps was showing me two houses  over , restarted my tablet to see and now it shows me at my neighbors house on the opposite  side.

The Here Map in "map view" is OK for me, however the "satellite view" is not as good.  I downloaded the Here Map APP from Google Play then downloaded my state map to my Android device.  The "satellite view" is better but still when in the most magnified view (zoomed in)  it is not clear, but one step out from full "zoom in" looks pretty good.  I almost always fly in the map view so satellite view is not that important to me.
2017-2-12
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
United States

Just finished another flight on GO APP 3.1.3 Android and firmware 1.8.10 with no problems to report.  I turned "local video cache" OFF to see if it made any difference in the video display on my Android device.  I did not see a difference.  Not sure why keeping a video copy on my device is an advantage so may just leave it off.   I thought that maybe the photo images would not be cached but they were.  One interesting event to report.  A large Hawk was making high, lazy circles overhead when I first launched.  The bird maintained the orbits but was gradually descending.  I became alarmed enough that I navigated back to my start point and landed.  After about five minutes the Hawk moved on and I took off.
2017-2-12
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

The video cache is useful if you want to quickly edit your recording at 720P high compression, upload it quickly or save it.  I record 1080p 60 frames/sec and those files can get quite big.  Therefore I have OneDrive capture the cached video and save it to the cloud where I can use it for putting on Facebook as the recording is OK enough for that and not tremendously big, about a few 100MB for lengthy footage.

I tested Follow Me with 3.1.3 today, no issues.   I wasn't really expecting issues since I already tested in in the beta version of the fix.
2017-2-12
Use props
kndll
Second Officer
Flight distance : 930161 ft
Canada

the photo caching is a new feature in 3.1.3 , no mention of it in the release notes , no way to enable/disable it ,   my cached photos were totally useless --- blurry  , don't know why we need this feature  , fortunately the photos on the sd card were normal .
2017-2-12
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

3.1.3 working fine for me.
2017-2-12
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
United States

DanMan32;  Thanks for telling about your use of the cached video.  I have never tried editing my video in the GO APP.  I edit in ProShow Gold but may try the in APP editor.
2017-2-12
Use props
AidoH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 369199 ft
Australia

Went to fly my P3S today and was forced to update the go app. I had to drive to get phone reception to complete the update. All went well and flew without issues. I did notice while flying I kept getting a red box saying poor radio signal. Looking on healthy drones it does not report any signal issues. Has anyone else noticed this?
Cheers Adrian
2017-2-13
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
United States

My experience with several versions of the GO APP Android is that these interference messages are common.  As long as they are brief and intermittent I do not pay much attention to them.  It is an issue that I believe could be solved by DJI; if they would decrease the sensitivity to interference; in what ever parameter the APP is measuring and reporting it.  The message would have more meaning if the interference was strong enough that it might actually disrupt communications with the Phantom.
2017-2-13
Use props
AidoH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 369199 ft
Australia

JackA Posted at 2017-2-13 08:43
My experience with several versions of the GO APP Android is that these interference messages are common.  As long as they are brief and intermittent I do not pay much attention to them.  It is an issue that I believe could be solved by DJI; if they would decrease the sensitivity to interference; in what ever parameter the APP is measuring and reporting it.  The message would have more meaning if the interference was strong enough that it might actually disrupt communications with the Phantom.

I think you are spot, have not noticed issues with the aircraft, just warning messages.
2017-2-13
Use props
fans7da59d27
lvl.1
Flight distance : 184888 ft
United Kingdom

The app is OK to use but still has minor problems but. Nothing like the rth problem
2017-2-13
Use props
KENSY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10696 ft
United States

Mother nature gave us a break here in the Northeast on the South Coast Mass. The weather was in the mid 50's and wind about 9 MPH where I flew. This is the first flight since January and with the latest firmware and DJI GO 3.1.3, I had no issues, everything worked as designed no problem here. I can say I am very pleased at this time with the performance of my Phantom 3 standard. I have been watching the forum and monitored all the complaints with the past version of the DJI GO but never experienced any of the problems because I did not fly due to the weather here. I can say that I knew DJI would correct the problem in time. Yes, people were getting upset and some lost their aircraft. At this time I am getting to know my phantom better and still learning the controls etc. I am happy with this, no complaints.
2017-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules