Why is DJI Go using so much IN BACKGROUND?
994 6 2017-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0469598b
lvl.1

Canada

My phone has been restarted, charged at various points, and DJI go was NEVER opened. Yet it's reported to be using 24%. What on earth is going on?
2017-2-10
Use props
HTC
lvl.1
United States

That's just China downloading all the info off your phone.
2017-2-10
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Belgium

In another thread it was said this would be solved in next GO4 update. Looking at the new update now it does not mention the fix. Not sure if it's there though, have not used it yet.

DJI-KEVIN quote: " DJI GO 4 v4.0.2 will fix this problem and is expected to be released in the middle of this month. Please be patient."
2017-2-10
Use props
fans0469598b
lvl.1

Canada

Well I am still getting significant battery drain from the app when it's not in the recents list or open, and battery optimization is on for it.

This is just crazy. I'm pretty much required to have the app to use the drone, but it KILLS battery life that I risk not being able to use my phone for anything.
2017-2-18
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Belgium

fans0469598b Posted at 2017-2-18 08:39
Well I am still getting significant battery drain from the app when it's not in the recents list or open, and battery optimization is on for it.

This is just crazy. I'm pretty much required to have the app to use the drone, but it KILLS battery life that I risk not being able to use my phone for anything.

The battery drain is one thing. Both the GO4 and Assist2 (PC) are installing stuff you'd normally don't want.
This smells like monkey business.
2017-2-18
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

At one point today my Droid turbo (5.01?) got so hot I pulled it from my pocket and GO4 was sucking 94%! I had to shut my phone down, restart and force stop. My dedicated Shield (7.0) does not seem to have this problem.
Regards,
-d.
2017-2-18
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

bunny too Posted at 2017-2-18 20:29
At one point today my Droid turbo (5.01?) got so hot I pulled it from my pocket and GO4 was sucking 94%! I had to shut my phone down, restart and force stop. My dedicated Shield (7.0) does not seem to have this problem.
Regards,
-d.

Then again my Shield crashes whenever I try to fly so that saves some battery power.
Regards,
-d.
2017-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules