Sudden drift when enter into atti mode
956 3 2017-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pandakev
lvl.2
Flight distance : 548763 ft
United States

DJI really need to fix this problem, as I was flying indoors in tripod mode the drone all of a sudden changed into atti mode and started drifting. Which ended up putting a hole into my wall and done some cosmetic damage to the drone itself. Was also being sliced by the blades but thankfully I was wearing long pants. Imagine if my kids were looking at it and it started drift into them?! So dangerous. DJI please fix this!! Many other people have reported this issue as well.
2017-2-10
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

There are no reasons whatsoever to fly indoor especially if you have children and especially if you are NOT experienced with ATTI flying mode.

SAFETY FIRST... ALWAYS!
2017-2-10
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

They can't stop it losing a GPS fix, though.   That just is what it is.  It needs manual ATTI though that would just mean it drifts all the time, but should be a more consistent experience.  What I don't interstand though is why tripod mode (at least the slow speed element) isn't maintained when the craft switched to ATTI.  I don't know why the mode can't persist.

Either way I think the $10 prop guards you can buy would save a lot of heartache from indoor flying.
2017-2-10
Use props
MasterT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14068 ft
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules