How thrilled can I possibly be ???
1207 10 2017-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M J PICARD
lvl.1

United States

Took possession of a Phantom Three Advanced two weeks before a three month trip to Spain from California.

I have two hours air time, but I've done my homework and respect the craft and follow precautions.

My last flight or two, in California showed a 'motor obstruction' warning; even before starting the motors.

Okay... update now required on the RC and was done with the DJI GO app... three times, as requested.

Now, no comm. with the AC... Update firmware , several times / still comm. failures, learn it's common problem / Great !

Running an HTC Android on the RC , no comm. / RC and AC had comm. / Sporadic function, left a few threads here.

Anyway... Three months with a dead bird in Teneriffe, aka. Paridise and my software sucks.  I am just getting settled back in CA.

Today I was unpacking the P3A and went to launch the app. to find there is a mandatory update which is now updating my HTC.

How thrilled I am to know this update was made available on the very day I flew back to the United States from Spain... Great

So after extra baggage charges to fly it back and forth, the time spent in research and in application resets and sheer frustration.

I come home to find a special notice on my phone telling me of this RTH problem on the Android OS... that is only half the story DJI.

I am so thrilled and happy for the opportunity to fly my drone safely again, back in control with the RC and Display, yes to fly again.

However the setting has now moved from Teneriffe to Palmdale, a desert plain outside LA, which sucks compared to Spain.

I am excited though... because if the new software works : I am going to fly this POS into a concrete wall and post the video.

What a crock of crap this whole experience has been.... thank you DJI

2017-2-11
Use props
M J PICARD
lvl.1

United States

Updated the DJI GO application.... and , like magic !!!!   It all works impeccably.

Three months on a tropical island, with a crap software package and not able to fly.

The very day I fly back to the US, DJI launches the repair for the Android problem.

Well ... as stated, I am going to fly this P3A into a wall, and film it on You Tube...

Stay tuned... you should update your software, it seems now before every flight...
2017-2-12
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Next time you have such trouble, you might consider flying without the app (i.e. without the mobile device).  

Your posts are kind of hard to read because you make a paragraph of every sentence.
2017-2-12
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

I live on a tropical island and that didn't stop me doing an update.
2017-2-12
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-12 07:47

Flying Litchi, what update??
2017-2-12
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

fans987d278a Posted at 2017-2-12 08:11
Flying Litchi, what update??

I didn't mention Litchi.  You are saying you could update in US but not elsewhere.

I've updated both firmware for my drone and the Android App to 3.1.2 581 then 3.2.1 582 then 3.1.3 today.

2017-2-12
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

PS, HTC is hit or miss with DJI GO. Both HTC devices I had would work one out of twenty times.
2017-2-14
Use props
M J PICARD
lvl.1

United States

HWCM Posted at 2017-2-14 00:22
PS, HTC is hit or miss with DJI GO. Both HTC devices I had would work one out of twenty times.

Indeed... I was getting about a 30% connection after software and firmware updates; no problem prior.
I'm back in California and just reviewing some HealtyDrone info, I think I still have issues but it does fly.
Seems the camera connection holds during flight until setting changes cause the display to lock up.
Looking into a new bird and display... this has been a great learning experience albeit disappointing.
2017-2-14
Use props
M J PICARD
lvl.1

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-2-12 06:59
Next time you have such trouble, you might consider flying without the app (i.e. without the mobile device).  

[view_image]Your posts are kind of hard to read because you make a paragraph of every sentence.

Actually I did just that... had no camera whatsoever but figured I'd have some fun.

It was fun for a moment, lost signal and the bird flew away, over the ocean.  RTH ???  
It did come back... I do believe it was the low battery system that returned it... I had no control, any mode.
Sorry about my composition style, I simply find it easier to read when things are double spaced. Thanks.
2017-2-14
Use props
M J PICARD
lvl.1

United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-12 07:47

I got the updates just fine... living on an island is indeed not a problem.
The problem is the application and my device, and HTC / Android.

Device worked fine at first.  I got a 'motor obstruction' warning and a prompt to update the RC.
I did that and resulted in no connection with the App. in the HTC; no camera, no controls, at all.
Updated the firmware several times, did the RC link trick, just about to pull the chip from inside the bird.

Software... I followed several threads on this application failing on P3 aircraft, primarily Android systems.  So... I did my due diligence and then some.  Good luck on your island Sir.
2017-2-14
Use props
M J PICARD
lvl.1

United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-12 08:21
I didn't mention Litchi.  You are saying you could update in US but not elsewhere.

I've updated both firmware for my drone and the Android App to 3.1.2 581 then 3.2.1 582 then 3.1.3 today.

Thanks very much... appreciated.
2017-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules