Noobie in need of help
1546 19 2017-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jaedyn
lvl.1

United Kingdom

So i recently purchased the dji phantom 3 advance, ive finally set up the quadcopter and downloaded the dji app. Now the problem im getting is the camera quailty? Its all blury and very pixelated, no ive spent hours watching tutorials and reading forums but yet nothing works in fact alot ofbthem say set the iso to 200 shutter speed double of what my resolution is which is 1920x1080 at 24fps and it just makes things worse -.- ill attach a video with a screen recording of the app and settings etc please could some review and maybe tell me why this is hapoening and where my errors are.

Oh before i forget to add i have also purchased a polar pro ND16 and its on yhe way for delivery , would this filter be what solves my whole issue ?
Sorry for the annoying noobie questions !
Thanks

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7lfAUYiXBhg
2017-2-11
Use props
Jaedyn
lvl.1

United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-11 19:48
It would help if you just made a regular video, in Auto mode, without the parameter  screen on.

Aim the camera out the window, where there is more light. The room is too dark, to get much higher definition.

hi there RedHotPoker i have a quick clip of the quadcopter shooting at 1080p 24fs i downloaded it from my sd card and put it onto drop box , the video im my opinion still looks choppy why is this , do you think this is to do with some setting etc ? i really have no clue what i am doing haha sorry to be a pain. www.dropbox.com/s/900k7dt5mlvo7by/DJI_0003.MOV?dl=0
2017-2-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

When want to imbed a video on the forum, remove the m for mobile, and replace it with www.

Difficult to see anything in that video, aside from your parameter changes.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

When you say it's blurry and pixelated, the obvious thing to check is ...
Are you looking at the actual video file from the SD card or are you just looking at the reduced size/quality cached version in the app?
2017-2-11
Use props
Jaedyn
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi there I have also looked at the files on my computer and the quality still comes out less pixelated and blurry just everything is still way off it looks like how I see it on the screen just a tad smoother but still the same low resolution and the lighting etc is off, is this because of my settings or like do I need a video editing software to bring out the resolution  I'm sorry that kust sounded stupid just this is my first dji phantom and I'm still learning the in and outside of it ( brought it yesterday )
2017-2-11
Use props
Jaedyn
lvl.1

United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-11 18:55
When want to imbed a video on the forum, remove the m for mobile, and replace it with www.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lfAUYiXBhg

Hi there, would it help if I took a recording and moved it onto my computer and share on this thread ?
2017-2-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Jaedyn Posted at 2017-2-11 19:32
Hi there, would it help if I took a recording and moved it onto my computer and share on this thread ?

Yes, but keep it short so it does not takes ages to download, then post it on Dropbox. It should be an original video, not one you have edited in any way.

I don't know if you took on board what Labroides said, but the copy of your video that ends up on your phone or tablet is often quite poor. The real copy is on the SD card in the aircraft, so you need to copy it off the card onto the hard drive of your computer and try playing it from there. Do not try to play back from the SD card itself.

2017-2-11
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Jaedyn Posted at 2017-2-11 19:32

Yes, and make sure you get the video from the SD card in the drone, not from your phone.
2017-2-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

It would help if you just made a regular video, in Auto mode, without the parameter  screen on.

Aim the camera out the window, where there is more light. The room is too dark, to get much higher definition.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-11
Use props
Jaedyn
lvl.1

United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-11 19:48

hi there RedHotPoker i have a quick clip of the quadcopter shooting at 1080p 24fs i downloaded it from my sd card and put it onto drop box , the video im my opinion still looks choppy why is this , do you think this is to do with some setting etc ? i really have no clue what i am doing haha sorry to be a pain.www.dropbox.com/s/900k7dt5mlvo7by/DJI_0003.MOV?dl=0
2017-2-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Jaedyn Posted at 2017-2-13 07:11
hi there RedHotPoker i have a quick clip of the quadcopter shooting at 1080p 24fs i downloaded it from my sd card and put it onto drop box , the video im my opinion still looks choppy why is this , do you think this is to do with some setting etc ? i really have no clue what i am doing haha sorry to be a pain. www.dropbox.com/s/900k7dt5mlvo7by/DJI_0003.MOV?dl=0

If you hit edit, and go to the bottom left corner, addition options you will find Del this post, to remove the doubled post. ;-)

Ok, let's have a look... At your video.

Yes, there is Definately some jello effect or similar on there. I wonder if your props are in need of balancing?
You flew extremely close to that window, on take off, best fly in a more open environment away from any obstacles... Be careful...

If you were to fly in an area way from any interference, would the video be the same? Go to a near park or sports field.
Perhaps it's only from the prop wash, wind shaking the camera, being so close to the house?

Do you have any other video examples of a flight, in an open area?

RedHotPoker

2017-2-13
Use props
Jaedyn
lvl.1

United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-13 07:15
If you hit edit, and go to the bottom left corner, addition options you will find Del this post, to remove the doubled post. ;-)

Ok, let's have a look... At your video.

Hi, i didnt have any props on i kinda just picked it up and then place it on the side of the window
2017-2-13
Use props
Jaedyn
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Jaedyn Posted at 2017-2-13 07:38
Hi, i didnt have any props on i kinda just picked it up and then place it on the side of the window

I havent actually taken it out for a test flight just yet ivebwanted to make sure that the camerea etc was all fine before flying so that if there was a problem i could return it
2017-2-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Jaedyn Posted at 2017-2-13 07:39
I havent actually taken it out for a test flight just yet ivebwanted to make sure that the camerea etc was all fine before flying so that if there was a problem i could return it

?? So you are nervously shaking the drone, and yet want or expect a clear video?

No no, that's not how this works. Go fly the dang thing, that's why you bought it...

WTH?  How can we evaluate your drone camera properly, without you flying it first?

Back to the drawing board. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-13
Use props
Jaedyn
lvl.1

United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-13 07:44
?? So you are nervously shaking the drone, and yet want or expect a clear video?

Hiya i see my error here haha im just so confused with this advance machine haha ill take it for a fly and get some footage and if i see some unstabilty etc ill up load !
2017-2-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Jaedyn Posted at 2017-2-13 09:31
Hiya i see my error here haha im just so confused with this advance machine haha ill take it for a fly and get some footage and if i see some unstabilty etc ill up load !

Shake rattle and roll? Haha
Ok, you are in for a pleasant surprise, just take it slow and easy in the early beginning. Try the flight SIM?

I think as long as you take off from a flat surface, after acquiring enough Satelite connections, and hear it report the Home Point had been updated, please check it on th map, you will be good to "Go".

You can even use the auto take off feature, on the screen. Which will then allow it to  lift off and hover a meter or so above the ground. Begin with the aircraft camera facing away from you. That's the normal beginning position for most RC flying, even RC helicopters.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-13
Use props
Jaedyn
lvl.1

United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-13 10:34
Shake rattle and roll? Haha
Ok, you are in for a pleasant surprise, just take it slow and easy in the early beginning. Try the flight SIM?

Yeah i have been practising with the simulator i feel comfortable just the bit im uneasy with is the camera its a whole new world to me and id love to get some nice footage like i see alot of people get, chances are everything is fine and its jusy me either being paranoid or just confused with the quality haha im sure hopefully with yhe help of this forum and some more research hppefully ill master it
2017-2-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Jaedyn Posted at 2017-2-13 12:44
Yeah i have been practising with the simulator i feel comfortable just the bit im uneasy with is the camera its a whole new world to me and id love to get some nice footage like i see alot of people get, chances are everything is fine and its jusy me either being paranoid or just confused with the quality haha im sure hopefully with yhe help of this forum and some more research hppefully ill master it

Ok, well, go into the camera settings and turn it on to Auto. That will be great place for you to start.

Make a written note of the numbers it gives you. When ever you want to experiment with those controls a bit, put the camera on Manual, and make some small changes, take a few pics, make more minor changes, keeping a record as you go. Find the settings which give you the most pleasing pics, for that particular time of day and place. It's fun, learning to have complete control. Above all else, have fun.

It's hobby that has so many awesome rewards,
You need to start learning your aircraft , gotta begin someplace... ;-)
The forum will always be here for you, whenever new questions and concerns arise.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-13
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

For the best quality from that camera, whenever possible keep the ISO at 100. For the best quality video the recommended settings are shutter speed = 2x framerate. Until you have the needed ND filters, you may be better off using a higher framerate so you can use a higher shutter speed.. To help prevent 'jello' effect, use slow smooth movements. All this being said, using settings other than these as needed will produce something that is usable at least (a poorer quality shot is better than no shot).
If you are just starting out, you may want to put it on auto as you need to be concentrating on flying safely more than the camera.
Being able to make adjustments in POST is also very important to the final quality (I am in the process of building up a high powered PC for that purpose).

Also, do not expect great results in low light from video. You can however get pretty good results taking still photos using longer shutter speeds while keeping the ISO at 100. Manual mode for this.
2017-2-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yes, Auto setting will be your friend in the start. But as you practice. Get more involved in the parameter controls.

It doesn't take a lot of experience to take a decently sharp pic, using the drone camera. The Phsntom is very capable.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules