1248 5 2017-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Will.H
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi all,

Just looking for some feedback here.

I currently have a Samsung S6 Edge, but have also just been given an iPhone 7 for my work phone.

So, what is the better and more stable app? I've seen that it could be iOS, but have no confirmation of this.

Thanks all.

Will
2017-2-12
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

Sounds like there are a number of issues with Go 4 on Android. New features seem to appear on iOS releases first. Also, 3rd party apps like Autopilot are only available on iOS.
2017-2-12
Use props
SteveDickin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think if I had an Iphone 7 or an iPad 4 Mini then I would use them from what I have read of other peoples experiences.  I don't, but I have a OnePlus3 and an Nvidia Shield both running on Android 7.0 and both were less than half the price of the Apple devices.  I am happy with what I have got, but as I said, if I was given an IOS device I would probably use it.
2017-2-12
Use props
Jdwyier
lvl.2

United States

Try both and see which you prefer!  I have an IPad Mini II, and a Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge and use both.  I use the 7 Edge more often but mostly for the smaller form factor. Haven't had a problem with either.
2017-2-12
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

AFAICT the current differences between aOS and iOS on stable/approved devices is that iOS allows DJI-approved unlocking of NFZ areas, has Focus-peaking, and the ART video mode.

There seem to be a lot of stability issues on Android devices with difficulty connecting, crashes while flying, etc., but I couldn't tell you if those happen on approved devices or if the problem is with folks using whatever aOS device they happen to have, regardless of what DJI declares support for.

I use the iPhone 7 myself, upgraded from an iPhone 5 when I ordered the Mavic, and thus far have had no problems.
2017-2-12
Use props
Will.H
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks all. Probably stick with the iPhone then. I'm sure work won't mind!
2017-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules