Chat representative said mavic is out of stock.
2374 31 2017-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skypheonix
lvl.1
Canada

I ordered mavic before a week. I was told that my order will be shipped yesterday.

I was going through forums where they shipped within 2-3 days. I was okay with waiting for a week which I was told while making the order.

So today when there was no movement on my order I asked chat representative. He told me that the order is being processed and blah blah.

I asked for a date. He replied "I will have to be honest with you, mavic is out of stock. We will ship it as soon as it arrives in stock."

I dont know what the truth is but, this the most stupid support service I have ever seen.

By the way I just ordered a mavic(not combo).
2017-2-14
Use props
SRQflier89
lvl.1
Flight distance : 901781 ft
United States

I've seen this scenario play out like this on the forums lately. Chat reps were telling people mavic was out of stic
2017-2-14
Use props
jgadea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131985 ft
Nicaragua

When you get your tracking number...check the parcel weight!
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mp;page=1#pid692627
2017-2-14
Use props
SRQflier89
lvl.1
Flight distance : 901781 ft
United States

I've seen this scenario play out like this on the forums lately. Chat reps were telling people mavic was out of stock after they had placed the order, but those same people were the. Receiving shipment notifications days later. So I don't know how much credibility the online chat reps hold. In my particular case, they told me last week that my package wouldn't be delivered until first week of march AFTER I had already been debited for the charge. Needless to say. Just got a shipment notification early this ,morning. Will have it by Friday.
2017-2-14
Use props
skypheonix
lvl.1
Canada

jgadea Posted at 2017-2-14 07:31
When you get your tracking number...check the parcel weight!
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=84497&page=1#pid692627

Thanks! yes sure I will do!

Since I canceled my last order (with accessories) and ordered just the drone, I think I won't end up with just propellers! Hopefully!
2017-2-14
Use props
skypheonix
lvl.1
Canada

SRQflier89 Posted at 2017-2-14 07:33
I've seen this scenario play out like this on the forums lately. Chat reps were telling people mavic was out of stock after they had placed the order, but those same people were the. Receiving shipment notifications days later. So I don't know how much credibility the online chat reps hold. In my particular case, they told me last week that my package wouldn't be delivered until first week of march AFTER I had already been debited for the charge. Needless to say. Just got a shipment notification early this ,morning. Will have it by Friday.

Initially, I was also told by the chat representative that my order will come in march (drone and batteries). Unlike you, I was impatient. So I canceled and reordered the drone.

I hope they ship it as soon as possible.

To me, It seems like the chat service is outsourced to some random company who just have access to see the order status. They seem to have no idea about the delays and stock.
2017-2-14
Use props
HKFTW
lvl.1

United States

I was told they were out until the 20th.  
2017-2-14
Use props
Loganx1121
lvl.1
United States

I was told the same thing yesterday.  Here's a little horror story for you guys.

I ordered the fly more combo last Tuesday, February 7th.  I was all excited for the 5-7 day shipping.  The payment authorization went through fine.  Friday I jumped on the live chat to inquire about the status of the order because nothing had changed yet.  I was told by the rep on the chat that I wasn't going to get my order until sometime in March.  Reason being?  I had ordered some extra props, which apparently had a 15-20 business day shipping time when I ordered the fly more combo.  So the rep on the chat told me that because of that, I wouldn't be getting anything until March.

Naturally I asked why wouldn't you just send me the drone first and then the props later...that didn't make sense to me at all.  The rep told me he could put in a request to split the shipment and if he did the mavic would ship on February 16th, which is this Thursday.  I agreed, verified my name, address, phone number and all that.  He told me there would be a 15 dollar shipping fee now for the propellers and asked me if I agreed to pay it.  I said yes, and then I asked how I would be billed for it.  Was it going to be charged to the credit card I made my order with or what?  He told me I would receive an email within 24 hours with more information about that.

24 hours came and went and no email so back onto the live chat I went.  Now I was being told (same rep by the way) that because it was the weekend, I wouldn't be getting an email about splitting the shipment because DJI doesn't process those requests over the weekend.  I said fine but what I was looking for was the email about how I was going to pay this new 15 dollar shipping charge.  He told me to wait another 24  hours.

Another 24 hour came and went, and still no email with instructions on how to pay the 15 dollar shipping fee.  BUT I did get an email saying that my propellers had shipped.  Well that's just great.  Back onto the live chat I go.  New rep this time, I explain everything to him and even send him some excerpts from the conversations with the other rep (I saved them all just in case) and he proceeds to tell me that the Mavic is out of stock.  I ask how can that be when a rep told me less than 3 days ago that it'd shipped by Thursday.  All he says is sorry for the inconvenience but I don't let him off the hook.  I told him I wanted someone to explain to me how in less than 3 days it went from "We're shipping it Thursday" to "We're out of stock", not to mention that the day after I placed my order I went onto the live chat and asked if there were any availability issues with the Mavic and the rep at the time told me that "There was plenty of product to meet the current demand and we have enough for all of our orders"...so I thought I was buying this thing with some confidence.

I explained to the rep that the purpose of splitting the shipment was to get the drone faster, so I wouldn't have to wait until March.  I asked him why I was sent propellers now for a drone I don't even have yet.  He had no explanation.  After the rep tells me it's out of stock, and he cannot tell me when I'll be getting the drone, he then proceeds to tell me that it will be shipped on February 17th, which is this Friday.  Of course I say "You just told me it was out of stock and you couldn't tell me when I would get it, now all of a sudden it's shipping on the 17th?".  The rep replies with "That's the estimated shipping date, it may change".  

He also told me that he didn't have access to an updated availability of what was in the warehouse.  Now, call me crazy, but I would think that would be pertinent information for someone working in the sales customer service area.  Maybe that's just me.

Long story short I spent almost 1400 dollars, and I have no idea when or if I'm going to get my drone.  But at least I'll have some useless propellers showing up tomorrow for me to do absolutely nothing with.  With all the misinformation, and the being told one thing by one rep and then another by a different one, I'm honestly considering just refunding the order.  I am regretting my purchase.  No one can seem to tell me when my drone will be shipped or can really tell me anything other than "Sorry for the inconvenience".  

I even asked to speak to a supervisor and the rep told me "We still do not have a supervisor".  What does "still" mean?  Beyond frustrated with this whole process.  I'm going to give it another day and if I still can't get anyone to tell me anything other than "sorry" I'm refunding my order and sending the props back.  
2017-2-14
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

I have to say that I'm extremely surprised that supply issues are still this severe 4 months after the initial launch.   I can't remember another time when this has happened with a product.
2017-2-14
Use props
hridge
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17651 ft
United States

This site says in stock.. but double check.  https://www.rcdepothobbies.com/product_p/dji-mavic-propo.htm
2017-2-14
Use props
Loganx1121
lvl.1
United States

hridge Posted at 2017-2-14 10:08
This site says in stock.. but double check.  https://www.rcdepothobbies.com/product_p/dji-mavic-propo.htm

Maybe I should cancel my DJI order and get it from that site then
2017-2-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Your case has been escalated, we'll take care of it.
Very sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-2-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Loganx1121 Posted at 2017-2-14 09:48
I was told the same thing yesterday.  Here's a little horror story for you guys.

I ordered the fly more combo last Tuesday, February 7th.  I was all excited for the 5-7 day shipping.  The payment authorization went through fine.  Friday I jumped on the live chat to inquire about the status of the order because nothing had changed yet.  I was told by the rep on the chat that I wasn't going to get my order until sometime in March.  Reason being?  I had ordered some extra props, which apparently had a 15-20 business day shipping time when I ordered the fly more combo.  So the rep on the chat told me that because of that, I wouldn't be getting anything until March.

We do understand your feelings, very sorry to hear your unpleasant experience.
We confirmed the information and sent an e-mail to you already, please check it and hope you can receive the done soon and enjoy it.
Thanks again for your supporting!
2017-2-14
Use props
Loganx1121
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-14 20:28
We do understand your feelings, very sorry to hear your unpleasant experience.
We confirmed the information and sent an e-mail to you already, please check it and hope you can receive the done soon and enjoy it.
Thanks again for your supporting!

Thank you for the response.
2017-2-14
Use props
Boomer350
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338638 ft
Canada

Maybe they are holding stock because of defects.  I ordered first week of January. First one I received had bad lens misalignment/ blurry image on right side. Returned it two weeks ago DEad on arrival and not a word back yet. Still waiting back
2017-2-14
Use props
Desert Toad
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1176624 ft
United States

Boomer350 Posted at 2017-2-14 22:37
Maybe they are holding stock because of defects.  I ordered first week of January. First one I received had bad lens misalignment/ blurry image on right side. Returned it two weeks ago DEad on arrival and not a word back yet. Still waiting back

Sounds like DJI might have done the same thing to me.  Ordered last week with a 7 day shipment. Was told yesterday it would ship tomorrow. Told today it would be the 15th of March. Perhaps I need to cancel my order.
2017-2-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Boomer350 Posted at 2017-2-14 22:37

What's your case number? You sent it in to our service center two weeks ago, then heard nothing recently?
2017-2-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Desert Toad Posted at 2017-2-14 22:44
Sounds like DJI might have done the same thing to me.  Ordered last week with a 7 day shipment. Was told yesterday it would ship tomorrow. Told today it would be the 15th of March. Perhaps I need to cancel my order.

We replied your original post, will help you check it and get back to you.
2017-2-15
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

Loganx1121 Posted at 2017-2-14 09:48

Logan,

If it is of any help, but the fly more combo does come with 2 extra blades. I ordered mine thru Drone World. Received the Drone 4th of Jan. Extra blades I ordered are still on backorder. Original order was 10/10/16.

2017-2-15
Use props
fans22e41f73
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17493 ft
Switzerland

Very Strange,

I order my fly more combo yesterday 14.02.2017 and it is already on its way to me. Should receive it on 17.02.2017

2017-2-15
Use props
Loganx1121
lvl.1
United States

4wesomeAdam Posted at 2017-2-15 03:46
Logan,

If it is of any help, but the fly more combo does come with 2 extra blades. I ordered mine thru Drone World. Received the Drone 4th of Jan. Extra blades I ordered are still on backorder. Original order was 10/10/16.

Supposedly it has now been shipped.  The tracking number they gave me doesn't seem to work but that may be because it hasn't been scanned yet.  Will wait a bit and report back.  
2017-2-15
Use props
Loganx1121
lvl.1
United States

Loganx1121 Posted at 2017-2-15 05:04
Supposedly it has now been shipped.  The tracking number they gave me doesn't seem to work but that may be because it hasn't been scanned yet.  Will wait a bit and report back.

Shipped and scheduled to arrive Monday morning
2017-2-15
Use props
fans2a395713
lvl.1

Canada

Desert Toad Posted at 2017-2-14 22:44

I just received shipment notification after 1 day of chatting with the customer care.  hopefully it will arrive on time. I suggest dont cancel the order, it should ship in a day or two.

DJI is doing its job, 1 day delay is acceptable. Its just that chat support is stupid and useless.
2017-2-15
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

I guess patience will pay off... Hopefully.New batch, hopefully better quailtychecks and less chance of issues like lensblur or broken parts, cables to long and so on...
2017-2-15
Use props
fans6cd39132
lvl.1
United States

hridge Posted at 2017-2-14 10:08

Not in stock any more, I bought the last one today. After waiting 11/2 weeks and concluding the issue was likely the accessories I bought with it (from DJI) after reading the forum here, I duplicated my order on this website. Less than two hours later they CALLED ME and said it's being shipped and reminding me to click the DJI Care link they're emailing me. I'll likely get it Friday.
2017-2-15
Use props
THKenney
New

United States

fans22e41f73 Posted at 2017-2-15 04:20
Very Strange,

I order my fly more combo yesterday 14.02.2017 and it is already on its way to me. Should receive it on 17.02.2017

I ordered the fly more combo Monday night and checked today and noticed my order indicating the order was shipped.  However, I haven't received an email confirmation or tracking info.  How soon does that usually happen?
2017-2-15
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

THKenney Posted at 2017-2-15 16:19
I ordered the fly more combo Monday night and checked today and noticed my order indicating the order was shipped.  However, I haven't received an email confirmation or tracking info.  How soon does that usually happen?

It normally takes two or three days for the order number to show up
2017-2-15
Use props
Desert Toad
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1176624 ft
United States

Ordered Monday and it's already shipped?  I ordered over a week ago and have been told it will be another month!

I really hope more logic goes into designing products than shipping them!

Wat to go DJI....

2017-2-15
Use props
THKenney
New

United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-15 22:32
It normally takes two or three days for the order number to show up

Thanks.  I just got received  my confirmation email with tracking info.  I do find it extremely odd that this transaction has, so far, been smooth after reading so many horror stories on this forum about shipping delays.

On a side note, I called newegg.com yesterday, and they said they had over 900 units available.
2017-2-15
Use props
Boomer350
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338638 ft
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-15 02:44
What's your case number? You sent it in to our service center two weeks ago, then heard nothing recently?

I was never given a case number, it went back DOA through the authorized retailer i purchased from.  I was hoping to receive a new unit on the spot or at the next shipment but apparently I have to wait for this one to be received and assessed first.
2017-2-16
Use props
fans5eac0b31
lvl.1

Australia

Hi Gang,

I have oredred my Fly More Combo through a dealer in October 2016 and i am still waiting

I see that most of you have recieved yours now?

Is this because i went though a dealer?

Is the delay due to me being in Australia?

Its now feb 2017 and i hear that a Mavic 2 might be coming out ?

Do i cancel my order? and buy direct through DJI?

Or should i just wait for another 6 months until the Mavic 3 comes out

P.S Dealer has ordered a bunch of them for customers and still have not recieved any

Frustrated :O(
2017-2-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Boomer350 Posted at 2017-2-16 23:24
I was never given a case number, it went back DOA through the authorized retailer i purchased from.  I was hoping to receive a new unit on the spot or at the next shipment but apparently I have to wait for this one to be received and assessed first.

That's fine, your retailer can help you handle it.
You can check the status with them also, for any other questions, please feel free to contact us, thanks for your supporting!
2017-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules