Follow Me Question
1672 17 2017-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cropduster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9104 ft
United States

Can the position and/or elevation of the AC be changed 'on the fly' after the initial settings are established for Follow Me flight?
2017-2-19
Use props
Dave P
lvl.3
Flight distance : 207664 ft
United Kingdom

You're doing well if you can even get Follow Me to work, I and others have had issues with it. I bought Litchi today and it's Follow Me works fine.
But in answer to your question I did manage to get it to drop below the 10m, turn it etc. in one of the versions I tried, moot point now as you are forced to use the latest
2017-2-20
Use props
RADROCKET
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1110827 ft
United States

I have never gotten follow me to work either. I've tried two different devices that I know have GPS and it tells me my device doesn't support GPS .....WTH
2017-2-20
Use props
GeoffN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89564 ft
United Kingdom

Strangely, follow me worked when I used my sons Samsung phone......... switched to a Samsung tablet tab4 ( on the recommended list) and wouldn't work any more.   Still, if that doesn't work, it's a  minor thing so I'll just accept it's not going to work.   
2017-2-20
Use props
Johnnyrebel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 521010 ft
United Kingdom

Follow me never worked reliably or consistent in dji go for me also, gone to litchi after the 3.1.2 fiasco, follow me works every time, no weak signal warnings. More than anything else I have time to enjoy flying my p3s. Have fun
2017-2-20
Use props
AidoH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 369199 ft
Australia

I finally gave follow me a go today and could not get it to work. Kept telling me no reliable gps signal, yet my Samsung s5 had good signal.  I had a go with poi and that worked fine. Wonder if someone has had success with follow me?
2017-2-21
Use props
DPOLEDNA
New

United States

Maybe I am crazy but I just updated the code to the latest and I am not able to see the General settings- main controller settings - click the box " multiple flight modes
aa
the Multiple Flight Modes isnt even on the screen?  Am I missing something silly here?  I took it out of the beginner mode set the max height etc...    any help is appreciated
2017-2-25
Use props
Dave P
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DPOLEDNA Posted at 2017-2-25 17:42
Maybe I am crazy but I just updated the code to the latest and I am not able to see the General settings- main controller settings - click the box " multiple flight modes
aa
the Multiple Flight Modes isnt even on the screen?  Am I missing something silly here?  I took it out of the beginner mode set the max height etc...    any help is appreciated

See this thread:- http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D395%26typeid%3D395
2017-2-25
Use props
Philly Phantom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 249590 ft
United States

I got my Follow Me to work once since the forced update but only once.
2017-2-26
Use props
Dave P
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Philly Phantom Posted at 2017-2-26 05:18
I got my Follow Me to work once since the forced update but only once.

One more than me then, I got it to work but was bouncing all over the place and status lights went and stayed red
2017-2-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

AidoH Posted at 2017-2-21 22:14
I finally gave follow me a go today and could not get it to work. Kept telling me no reliable gps signal, yet my Samsung s5 had good signal.  I had a go with poi and that worked fine. Wonder if someone has had success with follow me?

My understanding is that most devices only need four satellites for GPS.  But we all know DJI requires six for its aircraft.

In the earlier days, we lost a lot of aircrafts while in Follow Me because the GPS fix position of the mobile device was hopping around and the AC was zig zagging around and hitting trees unexpectedly.  

My theory is that DJI solved this problem by requiring the current versions of Go to count the number of satellites that the mobile device acquires, and if the number is inadequate (I assume less than 6 is inadequate), then it gives the message of no GPS or weak GPS even though your device claims to have a perfectly good GPS lock.  Hence, follow me won't work.  

I think the solution might be to use a device that has a better GPS module or try Follow Me in a wide open area void of trees and obstacles.  

2017-2-26
Use props
Philly Phantom
lvl.2
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-2-26 06:37
My understanding is that most devices only need four satellites for GPS.  But we all know DJI requires six for its aircraft.

In the earlier days, we lost a lot of aircrafts while in Follow Me because the GPS fix position of the mobile device was hopping around and the AC was zig zagging around and hitting trees unexpectedly.  

I'm sorry but that is unacceptable.  Thats like saying if i buy a new car and the radio doesn't work then i have to buy a different radio for the car.  I bought my P3S NEW and expect it to work like a new Phantom.  I'm running the latest and greatest smartphone that is more than capable to handle the Go App.  I'm not buying another device just to fly my drone. DJI needs to get their crap together.  This is definitely the last DJI product i will ever buy.  Bullsh*t!!!
2017-2-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Would you rather have your phantom crash into a tree?  It's not DJI's fault that the mobile devices have GPS fixes that jump around like rabbits.

It's just my theory anyway.  Could be complete BS
2017-2-26
Use props
Philly Phantom
lvl.2
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-2-26 09:11
Would you rather have your phantom crash into a tree?  It's not DJI's fault that the mobile devices have GPS fixes that jump around like rabbits.

It's just my theory anyway.  Could be complete BS

First off we shouldn't be flying near trees and yes if you use follow me and it crashes into a tree its our fault.  When my Follow me feature was working correctly, it wasn't jumping around.  That to me sounds like an app issue, not a cell issue.  I have always gotten a strong GPS lock on my phone no matter what app i was using.  Sounds like BS!
2017-2-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Follow Me worked perfectly for me too.  Nonetheless, there have been lots of threads over the past 18 months (not lately though) of so-called flyaways during Follow Me where the Phantom flew into a tree and it was determined that the cause was that the mobile device's GPS location jumped.  
2017-2-27
Use props
GeoffN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89564 ft
United Kingdom

Philly Phantom Posted at 2017-2-26 07:27
I'm sorry but that is unacceptable.  Thats like saying if i buy a new car and the radio doesn't work then i have to buy a different radio for the car.  I bought my P3S NEW and expect it to work like a new Phantom.  I'm running the latest and greatest smartphone that is more than capable to handle the Go App.  I'm not buying another device just to fly my drone. DJI needs to get their crap together.  This is definitely the last DJI product i will ever buy.  Bullsh*t!!!

I think it's worth getting "follow me" into proportion.............  It really is a small thing compared to all the great features the P3S has which amaze me with their complexity.  So it often doesn't work............. I'm a bit disappointed but is it really  that much of a problem that you'd never buy anything Dji again?  You never know........ they might be able to fix it on another update however if they don't, I really won't be too upset.
2017-2-27
Use props
Philly Phantom
lvl.2
United States

GeoffN Posted at 2017-2-27 04:29
I think it's worth getting "follow me" into proportion.............  It really is a small thing compared to all the great features the P3S has which amaze me with their complexity.  So it often doesn't work............. I'm a bit disappointed but is it really  that much of a problem that you'd never buy anything Dji again?  You never know........ they might be able to fix it on another update however if they don't, I really won't be too upset.

The Follow me feature isn't a big deal to me either but in those rare cases i need it to work, i can't count on it.  The DJI programming issues is what i really have a problem with.  With 2.9.1 really worked well for me and i reverted back to that version.  I was ok with using an older FW version till DJI forced an update.  Thats where they lost my respect.
2017-2-27
Use props
Dave P
lvl.3
United Kingdom

GeoffN Posted at 2017-2-27 04:29

It isn't a big issue if you don't want to use it, it is if you do and I do. It is an advertised feature so it should work, end of. I have bought Litchi now and it works fine which suggests it is an issue with the Go app and not the AC or device, though I prefer Dji Go on balance, so for now I will use Litchi for Follow Me and Go for the rest. It's a bit of a pain as I have to land, Force Stop Go, then start Litchi, so hopefully Dji will fix it
2017-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules