Airplane mode and 'Follow Me'
1294 7 2017-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
newman0912
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3428 ft
United States

Hi.  I'll be quick with this.If my I phone is set to Airplane Mode, will that cause problems using 'Follow Me'?

Thanks!
2017-2-20
Use props
Dave P
lvl.3
Flight distance : 207664 ft
United Kingdom

I don't use airplane mode, not intentionally anyway, but I just Googled it and it seems that it shuts down the GPS chip so Follow Me wouldn't work as it, and setting a new Home Point in flight, are the only functions that require GPS.

Out of interest have you had much success with Follow Me because I can rarely get it to work until today, I installed Litchi!
2017-2-20
Use props
uavsolutionsmai
lvl.3
Netherlands

Dave P Posted at 2017-2-20 06:39
I don't use airplane mode, not intentionally anyway, but I just Googled it and it seems that it shuts down the GPS chip so Follow Me wouldn't work as it, and setting a new Home Point in flight, are the only functions that require GPS.

Out of interest have you had much success with Follow Me because I can rarely get it to work until today, I installed Litchi!

Dave,
I tried the Follow Me mode twice today with a Phantom 3 Advanced. Both times the system enters the mode, but after walking with the RC the AC flies fast in a wrong direction (different both times). I'm using a Samsung S6 with latest version DJI GO app (3.1.3). System has the latest FW-version on AC and RC.
I have been adviced not to use the DJI GO app for Follow Me, but instead use the Litchi app.

Koos
2017-2-21
Use props
Dave P
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I have another thread on Follow Me; I have had mine fly away from me once, and at some speed, in Follow Me mode
2017-2-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

uavsolutionsmai Posted at 2017-2-21 12:22
Dave,
I tried the Follow Me mode twice today with a Phantom 3 Advanced. Both times the system enters the mode, but after walking with the RC the AC flies fast in a wrong direction (different both times). I'm using a Samsung S6 with latest version DJI GO app (3.1.3). System has the latest FW-version on AC and RC.
I have been adviced not to use the DJI GO app for Follow Me, but instead use the Litchi app.

The trick to success is to be extra sure you have a solid GPS connection with your mobile device.  It would be a good idea to walk around a bit and watch the little dot on your map and be sure it's moving correctly and not jumping around and it seems to be accurate.  After that, try Follow Me and it should be okay.  
2017-2-21
Use props
uavsolutionsmai
lvl.3
Netherlands

Dave P Posted at 2017-2-21 13:23
I have another thread on Follow Me; I have had mine fly away from me once, and at some speed, in Follow Me mode

Dave, were can I find this thread?
2017-2-22
Use props
Dave P
lvl.3
United Kingdom

uavsolutionsmai Posted at 2017-2-22 02:25
Dave, were can I find this thread?

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid703502
2017-2-22
Use props
uavsolutionsmai
lvl.3
Netherlands

Dave P Posted at 2017-2-22 03:22
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=84447&page=1#pid703502

Thanks Dave.
Bottumline: better to use Litchi app when using the Follow Me mode!
2017-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules