Purchase I2 Direct from DJI or Reseller in US?
1200 12 2017-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
droneRay
lvl.2
United States

I am on the verge of purchasing the I2.  This question may have been covered before but is it best to purchase direct from DJI or from a reseller in the U.S . (where I live)?  I am most concerned about warranty and repair issues.  What experiences have others had?  I look forward to the different comments.
2017-2-20
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Hi Ray,

If you can find an official dealer/agent near you, I personally would go to them. Just as good as purchasing direct from DJI but easier if something goes wrong.

Official Dealers

Mark G.
2017-2-20
Use props
droneRay
lvl.2
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-2-20 14:22
Hi Ray,

If you can find an official dealer/agent near you, I personally would go to them. Just as good as purchasing direct from DJI but easier if something goes wrong.

Mark,

Thanks for your thoughts.  I see all of the problems that some are having with the I2 and it has me somewhat concerned about getting help, service, replacements as needed.
2017-2-20
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

Ditto what Mark said. I bought mine from Advexure.com and was very pleased with the purchase. You avoid foreign transaction fees on your credit card and sometimes DJI is slow to ship but immediate on the charge. Of course, be sure that they are on the authorized reseller page.
2017-2-20
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If you can find one in Apple or BestBuy, it would be good. Otherwise, it makes little difference.
2017-2-20
Use props
Conrad Jay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484806 ft
Canada

droneRay Posted at 2017-2-20 17:28
Mark,

Thanks for your thoughts.  I see all of the problems that some are having with the I2 and it has me somewhat concerned about getting help, service, replacements as needed.

Reminder: Make sure you purchase your I2 DJI Care package with in 48 hours of activation... I unfortunately make the mistake of not doing this within the window of time with my I2. You may already know this but a gem that can save the day. I would go with a local retailer or agent near to you if possible. I have done this and the customer service has been amazing!! Go with someone you trust or is helpful in person/over the phone. Hope that helps
2017-2-20
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have purchased directly from DJI without any problems.  I also purchased from BestBuy because it was in stock. They have great customer support too.  

DJI will support you no matter which way you go. Sometimes it is easier dealing with a good local dealer when things do not go so well.

I personally have had great customer service from DJI's team.

Rich
2017-2-20
Use props
droneRay
lvl.2
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-2-20 20:46
I have purchased directly from DJI without any problems.  I also purchased from BestBuy because it was in stock. They have great customer support too.  

DJI will support you no matter which way you go. Sometimes it is easier dealing with a goo local dealer when things do not go so well.

Thanks guys for all of your comments.
2017-2-21
Use props
SPH*i2*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322579 ft
United Kingdom

I have purchased the full kit from USA with both licences etc.
Great price and service. The inspire 2 fly's really smooth. with the full 12 month DJI warranty.
2017-2-21
Use props
perfectpercepti
lvl.1

United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-2-24
Use props
gmanthegman
lvl.2
Bulgaria

I bought a I-2 package for 8233$ and later I was charged about 240$ !!! from Bank of America as an international transaction.

Both DJI Store and my bank are seem totally fine with that. And none of them are willing to give the money back to me. So I gotta say: DON'T BUY IT DIRECTLY from DJI.

Cheers !
2017-2-25
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I get my DJI products form Best Buy, I get lots of stuff there for my family and business and they give me a 45 day return window.  Normally it is two weeks . They are very good to work with In my opinion.  The only other place I would consider is some type of Hobby Store that carries DJI but from what I understand DJI wants a TON of money to sell there products , so locations  are few and far between .  I would NOT get it directly from DJI, they are HORRIBLE to get in contact with .  I do think they have the best products on the market ....but their communication for customer service is poor.

Good Luck

donnie
2017-2-25
Use props
droneRay
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for your thoughts.
2017-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now