How long did it take to get FAA registration?
4468 9 2017-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhaseshiftR
lvl.1
United States

edit edit edit
2017-2-20
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

You get it immediately online once you register in the form of a PDF document representing your certificate.
2017-2-20
Use props
PhaseshiftR
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-2-20 11:20
You get it immediately online once you register in the form of a PDF document representing your certificate.

Oh man perfect. I didn't even see that... Could I just print this out? Am I still going to receive one I have to stick on my drone? That's what I keep seeing. Thanks
2017-2-20
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

PhaseshiftR Posted at 2017-2-20 11:30
Oh man perfect. I didn't even see that... Could I just print this out? Am I still going to receive one I have to stick on my drone? That's what I keep seeing. Thanks

No, you won't receive anything in the mail. Yes, you can print it out to put on the drone. You just need the FA number on it, and it can be -- but doesn't have to be -- from the printed certificate. Many people -- including me -- also put a phone number on the drone in case it's ever found by someone honest enough to return it. And I've seen some say that they even include an offer of a reward.
2017-2-20
Use props
devGOD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200577 ft
United States

PhaseshiftR Posted at 2017-2-20 11:30

no they do not send you anything... just write the ID on a piece of paper tear and tape it on the drone with with clear tape. I put my ID inside the battery compartment
2017-2-20
Use props
MavicMule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6329 ft
United States

Find someone with a labeling machine.  I used one & printed numerous fonts of my registered number for all my birds.  My buddy is an electrical contractor and he uses it when he sets up power boxes.  Or try a local mail center or print shop.
2017-2-20
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-2-20 11:32
No, you won't receive anything in the mail. Yes, you can print it out to put on the drone. You just need the FA number on it, and it can be -- but doesn't have to be -- from the printed certificate. Many people -- including me -- also put a phone number on the drone in case it's ever found by someone honest enough to return it. And I've seen some say that they even include an offer of a reward.

Yes, you can print it out to put on the drone.

Actually, I take that back. Technically, you're supposed to use one of these three techniques:
  • Engraving
  • Permanent label
  • Permanent marker

I went with a "permanent" label in case I ever decide to sell. As MavicMule mentioned, a labeling machine is good for this.
2017-2-20
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Your print it off the computer, You don't get an official welcome cards. They ONLY need your money so they can wasted on something else.
2017-2-20
Use props
PhaseshiftR
lvl.1
United States

Thank you guys very much I actually got a sticker set where I can write it down with a marker. My mavic will be here in 3 days too
2017-2-20
Use props
DJI Tom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1236778 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can get a personal drone cert in minutes for only $5.  A professional cert for your drone starts S $29.00 and can take about a day to receive.  Speaking of certs, I wanted to also share my experience in preparing for the FAA UAS Cert.   I used an app call UAS107. Used it for 70% (30% YouTube sectional chart videos) of my prep for the exam; and the app only cost me $4. Passed on my 1st try with an 85%. My total cost to pass the exam:  
$4 for UAS107 app
$150 for the test exam fee
———————————–
$154.00  

Here is the link to the app for anyone interested: https://play.google.com/store/ap ... nrobotix.labs&hl=en
2017-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules