Care Refresh in Norway is available or not?
3408 13 2017-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
n0gga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 502044 ft
Norway

Hello there.

Have been thinking for quite som time about getting a drone, and when the Mavic was released I knew this was the one I wanted!
Before ordering I wanted to check my possibilites for Care Refresh in Norway with DJI directly via chat, since DJI states it only applies for EU countries. As a newbie I almost count Care Refresh as a dealbreaker when buying such a costly drone.
Had a chat with a nice guy from DJI who reassured me that Care Refresh also applied for Norway. I was (pleasantly) surprised, and asked for details regarding Care Refresh, which he gave me.
After ordering my Mavic I`ve been reading ALOT on different forums, and wanted to know whether or not to contact my local store or DJI directly in case of a defective drone. This chat was with another guy than before, but also he reassured me that care refresh "technically" (whatever that means) applied for Norway as well.

After doing som google searches today, i came across a link to Care Refresh in Norway (see attached photo). Had never seen this before, and decided to contact support once again. Now there was a totally different tone from DJI. They would not comment on the fact that I had been promised that Care Refresh worked in Norway, it was a "one-way-street" towards NOPE.
She specifically told me that it was my responsibility to check this upon ordering. Well, i guess talking directly to DJI`s agent doesen`t count as preliminary work.
So now I`m sitting here waiting on my pre-paid Mavic with no chances of having Care Refresh, which i think sucks. Had I been told "no" in the first place this would have been a totally different case. But when TWO of DJI`s agents give me a "GO" and the third one blames me for having expectations, i get annoyed.

Needed to get som steam out - hopefully i will be able to keep my Mavic on a tight leash when I get it.

To DJI team on this forum; Try keeping the support team synchronized about theese things. No one wants three different answers from three different technicians.
CR not available.jpg
2017-2-21
Use props
willhay555
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481755 ft
United Kingdom

This is the reason I do most things on live chat nowadays.
2017-2-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You could have tried to purchase care refresh when you were purchasing your Mavic , you would then have known if it was available in your region.

I accept that you shouldn't have been told it was available when it wasn't, if you have details of the person in customer service who gave you the information, then by all means contact dji and complain.

I suppose you could also check in your own country to see if you can get personal insurance.

Good luck..
2017-2-21
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

DONT trust the live chat. its been shown many times over that they often have incorrect information. Just yesterday a chat agent told me Mavic Pros are out of stock and my order will not be shipping anytime soon. 4 hours later my order is shipped and I have a tracking number. I think DJI could solve a lot of confusion by just getting rid of the live chat all together. All they do is give out incorrect information and I wonder if they even have any contact or connection to DJI's systems
2017-2-21
Use props
Twisted Meadows
New

Australia

My live chat records are all on the PC while using chrome, even I open a new conversation with another support guy.
2017-2-21
Use props
n0gga
lvl.2
Norway

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-2-21 04:58
You could have tried to purchase care refresh when you were purchasing your Mavic , you would then have known if it was available in your region.

I accept that you shouldn't have been told it was available when it wasn't, if you have details of the person in customer service who gave you the information, then by all means contact dji and complain.

The Mavic was bought in a local store (3rd party dealer) with no authorization to sell Care Refresh. Was told via chat that the easiest way for me would be buying it online when the Mavic arrived.

So I feel pretty confident that I did my homework, it`s DJI that screwed up on this one.
2017-2-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

n0gga Posted at 2017-2-21 05:11
The Mavic was bought in a local store (3rd party dealer) with no authorization to sell Care Refresh. Was told via chat that the easiest way for me would be buying it online when the Mavic arrived.

So I feel pretty confident that I did my homework, it`s DJI that screwed up on this one.

The third party retailer should have known this, so it's pretty clear decision if you would not have bought without care refresh then return for refund.
2017-2-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we are very sorry for your unpleasant experience.
For a further explanation, DJI Care Refresh is not available in Norway, while you can also purchase it in other countries where it's available, then enjoy the service in that location where you purchase it.
You can also check the details on our website for Refresh Service: http://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#s4

Besides, may I have the e-mail address you used to conatct our chat support? We'll look into the records and improve our service.
1.png
2.png

2017-2-21
Use props
n0gga
lvl.2
Norway

See attaches images.
The last picture is actually from a log just 5 mins ago, so agents clearly don`t have correct information.
Disappointing to say the least.

First conversation early february

First conversation early february

Second conversation

Second conversation

Third conversation

Third conversation

Just for fun - asked again 5 mins ago

Just for fun - asked again 5 mins ago
2017-2-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

n0gga Posted at 2017-2-21 05:38
See attaches images.
The last picture is actually from a log just 5 mins ago, so agents clearly don`t have correct information.
Disappointing to say the least.

Could you please provide us with the email address you used to contact our chat support?
Is the email address the same as your forum email?
We will keep improving our customer service.
Thank you for your support.
2017-2-21
Use props
n0gga
lvl.2
Norway

Sent a PM to Natalia regarding my email. But yes, the email used in chat is the same as my forum email.
2017-2-21
Use props
iKjell
lvl.3
Flight distance : 583094 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I am also interested in the Care Refresh for the Mavic in Norway, but quite confused about what to believe...
DJI Care Refresh for Mavic activation codes are sold by retailers in Norway DJI Care 1 Year Refresh til Mavic

I have specifically asked the retailer if this is valid in Norway, since I cannot buy it directly from dji.com and some support reports suggests that it is not, but the answer I got, was that it is definately valid in Norway.

-------- Opprinnelig melding --------
Emne:
SV: DJI Care 1 Year Refresh til Mavic Saksnr:00105317
Dato:
2017-01-26 12:35
Avsender:
Info Scandinavian Photo <info@scandinavianphoto.no>
Mottaker:

Hei
Den er gyldig i Norge.
mvh
Thomas

------------------- Opprinnelig melding -------------------
Fra:
Mottatt: 26.01.2017 11:52
Til: Info Scandinavian Photo
Emne: DJI Care 1 Year Refresh til Mavic

Hei!
Ser dere selger "DJI Care 1 Year Refresh til Mavic" (Vårt varenummer: 1029300) i nettbutikken deres. Er denne gyldig i Norge?
(spør siden jeg ikke får kjøpt dette direkte fra DJI til adresse i Norge, og DJI support antyder at Norge ikke er blant de landene som dekkes).
Med vennlig hilsen

2017-2-21
Use props
fans9a290df1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 254616 ft
Norway

I visited the Scandinavian Photo store in Oslo today with the intention of  buying the Care Refresh for my Mavic Pro. They had absolutely no knowledge about this at all, but after some back and forth I was told that DJI Care Refresh was absolutely not valid in Norway, the ones they had was not for sale and should never have been sold. Minutes later they were removed from their website.

So I guess anyone who has purchased Care Refresh from scandinavianphoto.no should contact them and sort things out.
2017-3-14
Use props
fans07552bd4
New
Flight distance : 20039 ft
Norway

Wonder why the Care Refresh is not available in Norway? Is it due to tax reasons sending items to a country outside the EU?
Seems like it is available in all other European countries except from Norway and Switzerland …
2017-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules