adjustments in app
1376 8 2017-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
townsendfrank
lvl.2
Flight distance : 231171 ft

United States

I have disconnect problems solved and now I am trying to get smooth videos.My problem is I can not
get a slow turn while I am hoovering.What adjustments do I do in the app to slow the turning speed?
I have tried to move the left stick left and right very slightly but just can not get the right touch for a
slow rotation.I have looked in the app and can see alot of values that can be adjusted but I do not know
which one slows the rotation speed.Thanks for any help

2017-2-21
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

There are various ... but to desensitize control about centre - is to increase EXPO....

This basically spreads out the initial movement command and exponentially increases it till max at full stick movement.

We use it on aerobatics / 3D to give us real fine control about centre and to reduce interaction of other commands on the stick.

Default as I seem to remember is about 40% ... so just increase it till you get what you want ... BUT note that as you get really high the amount of greater movement gets cramped into smaller and smaller end of stick range.

Nigel
2017-2-21
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

I used "expo" in advanced options, i think i put rudder at .20, which makes it less sensitive. That's on Phantom 3.
There may be other places too.... expo is what I used.
2017-2-21
Use props
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 561411 ft
United States

I believe that if you go to the Main Controller Settings, scroll down and tap on Advanced Settings, then tap on EXP it will open the screen for you. The one you want is the Rudder Right.  They come with a value of 0.50 on all of them and you will want to change that value to a much smaller value. Tap an the little dot in the center and drag it toward the lower right corner. I suggest you go down by steps say 0.35, 0.30, 0.25 ect.  Launch and test before you go further and check it each time. GPS will possibly be the easiest mode for this testing as it will help to hover while rotating in one spot.  Just my observations. You will see the blue line start to bend and that will show you that the command responds a bit slower rather than just going straight up the line quickly. Hope this works out for you.
2017-2-21
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Phantomski Posted at 2017-2-21 10:44
I used "expo" in advanced options, i think i put rudder at .20, which makes it less sensitive. That's on Phantom 3.
There may be other places too.... expo is what I used.

mmm just asking ...

Radios have various conventions peculiar to brand.

Some when Expo number increases - the expo amount around centre increases making less sensitive. Some radios are expo number reduced makes less sensitive around centre.

Previously I noted 40% but now with new app .. I see they state 0.2 to 0.8 with 0.4 as default.

I would assume that increasing towards 0.8 would reduce sensitivity around centre ?
OK = Just tested and it is reversed convention ... good job you guys posted that and I checked !!

My default from 3.1.4 app upgrading is 0.4 on all Expos ... so moving to 0.2 gives greater Expo ... which OP would move towards.

Nigel

2017-2-21
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

As well as Expo, you can increase the length of the sicks, just unscrew the crown and then tighten the lock shaft up to it.
2017-2-21
Use props
townsendfrank
lvl.2
Flight distance : 231171 ft

United States

SITKAMICK Posted at 2017-2-21 10:53
I believe that if you go to the Main Controller Settings, scroll down and tap on Advanced Settings, then tap on EXP it will open the screen for you. The one you want is the Rudder Right.  They come with a value of 0.50 on all of them and you will want to change that value to a much smaller value. Tap an the little dot in the center and drag it toward the lower right corner. I suggest you go down by steps say 0.35, 0.30, 0.25 ect.  Launch and test before you go further and check it each time. GPS will possibly be the easiest mode for this testing as it will help to hover while rotating in one spot.  Just my observations. You will see the blue line start to bend and that will show you that the command responds a bit slower rather than just going straight up the line quickly. Hope this works out for you.

thanks for the reply stkamick I will give it a try as soon as the rain moves out here in Ga.
2017-2-21
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

MerlinL14 Posted at 2017-2-21 11:13
As well as Expo, you can increase the length of the sicks, just unscrew the crown and then tighten the lock shaft up to it.

Also these can help, or similar. https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 4_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2017-2-21
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Look how the graph change when u change expo, that's what shows you if u r more or less sensitive. Playing with rudder only, u can actually change it the other way and see how it works. It is good knowledge to have.
While at it, can anyone really explain the other 2 options in that part of the menu on Phantom3? I think one is gain and one is stick filtering? DJI does not really elaborate on these anywhere the I've seen....
I think that also contributes to what we are talking about here.
Also, what do you guys usually set for your gimbal dial speed to make it smoother, or do u leave it default?
2017-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules