Camera goes nuts mid flight - firmware issues???
1880 9 2017-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HTC
lvl.1
United States

I've made close to 100 flights on my Mavic, but now after the new firmware upgrade my camera freaks out. Several times last week in mid flight the Mavic suddenly came to a stop and the camera locked up for a few seconds. The camera pointed up, went out of focus, changed the exposure and was unresponsive but then suddenly snapped back to the position it was previously in and worked fine. Has anyone else had this issue after upgrading to the new firmware?
2017-2-22
Use props
fans08a19cad
New
Flight distance : 220335 ft
United States

I've had something like this happen two times now (one before and after the firmware upgrade). On the screen it looks like the drone is losing control and flying in every direction but the gimbal recovers after about 10 seconds. If you're watching the drone it hovers like normal but those 10 seconds feel like an eternity when you're looking at the screen.
2017-2-23
Use props
Bradz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62589 ft
United Kingdom

I've experienced similar in my last three flights but get the gimbal obstructed error.  I've downgraded the firmware to the earliest version and upgraded to test but not had chance because of Doris.  Hoping this resolves it.

DJI want me to send it back but I'm going skiing next week so forget that!
2017-2-24
Use props
HTC
lvl.1
United States

fans08a19cad Posted at 2017-2-23 23:02
I've had something like this happen two times now (one before and after the firmware upgrade). On the screen it looks like the drone is losing control and flying in every direction but the gimbal recovers after about 10 seconds. If you're watching the drone it hovers like normal but those 10 seconds feel like an eternity when you're looking at the screen.

That's exactly what mine is doing. I wonder how many other people have experienced this?
2017-2-24
Use props
Aussie_Mavic
New

Australia

Just chiping in with the same issue...  Happens several times in a 2x battery flight session.  Feels like the Mavic is falling out of the sky, yet if you watch it in real life, it just hoovers while the gimbal is going nuts.  Fisrt started happening on fw .400.  Downgraded to previous fw .300 yet issue still occurs.  Will try upgrading to fw .500 and see what happens, but i don't hold much hope.
2017-3-9
Use props
Cameron McGeorg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1195837 ft
New Zealand

I have a similar issue of when I do a yaw turn, the Mavic's gimbal moves independently to the drone body as it will continue to turn and twist in various directions. I had a crash and sent it away to be repaired, it came back and I noticed this issue after repair and firmware upgrade, I am extremely suspicious of repair job and whether it was completed thoroughly ...
2017-3-9
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

I've had this problem a few times. Camera will shoot up to the sky, sit there for awhile while slowly moving down. Then it seems to reset it self by focusing and then snapping back to where it was before. Drone flight behaves normally for all of this.
2017-3-10
Use props
KE6IRJ
New

United States

geofox784 Posted at 2017-3-10 06:20
I've had this problem a few times. Camera will shoot up to the sky, sit there for awhile while slowly moving down. Then it seems to reset it self by focusing and then snapping back to where it was before. Drone flight behaves normally for all of this.

Please someone help.  I am no table to make a new thread (not sure why), but here is my issue, similar to here.

This morning, I attempted to update the firmware of my Phantom 3 Standard to the 1.9.20 as recommended by the app.  During the update, the camera began to shake violently to the point my gimbals cushions tore.  When the update finally failed, I tried to restart and the drone now alarms loudly and will not connect or function. Did I just kill my drone by doing their update?
2017-7-29
Use props
andry_shin
lvl.2
Indonesia

mine also have this issue, no reply / more info from admin tho, quite a few threads around here. i tried firmware .900 & .800, reset factory, recalibrate stuff, the issue still there
2017-7-29
Use props
m15alien
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6878596 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Please check this thread....

Video camera RESET mid flight - v01.03.0900 Problem?
2017-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules