Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Buressy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1105033 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello all,

I am planning to fly my Mavic Pro during an expedition in Canada Arctic in March and April (Hoping for some sunny "hot days" around -10-15 °C) . I see from several Youtube videos on this topic that the Mavic itself performs quite well in the cold. However the Iphone battery dies very quickly. Has anyone experienced Android tablets? feedback would be most welcome.
Thanks
2017-2-22
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I used my IPHONE6S+ this winter with -18C and did not have any issue. Kept it in my pocket until I was ready to lfy. Was wearing gloves with just a crack in thumb area but holding the phone/controller snuggled in the palm of my hands keep the battery/back of the phone warm.
2017-2-22
Use props
Buressy
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

dronist Posted at 2017-2-22 09:37
I used my IPHONE6S+ this winter with -18C and did not have any issue. Kept it in my pocket until I was ready to lfy. Was wearing gloves with just a crack in thumb area but holding the phone/controller snuggled in the palm of my hands keep the battery/back of the phone warm.

Thanks for the feedback
2017-2-22
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

Right now, Android is not working so well with the new app and update.  Or at least Android 7.0.Regards,
-d.
2017-2-22
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Extreme Cold temps will affect any battery's.
2017-2-22
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

there have been cases of the extreme cold negatively impacting the Mavics battery to the point where it made emergency landings on its own. (into water in at least one case). DJI has specific temp recommendations for mavic use. Flying well outside of those ranges might pose risk...

2017-2-22
Use props
Buressy
lvl.2
  • >>>
Monaco

fans90d4f438 Posted at 2017-2-22 12:30
there have been cases of the extreme cold negatively impacting the Mavics battery to the point where it made emergency landings on its own. (into water in at least one case). DJI has specific temp recommendations for mavic use. Flying well outside of those ranges might pose risk...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PezcjZAI52w

Scary, thanks for the link!
2017-2-25
Use props
Buressy
lvl.2
  • >>>
Monaco

Thanks all for the feedback and warnings. I will try to be very selective on the temperature and weather when I fly. Maybe I will not even take thé Mavic out of my bag. But I still hope I will get some shots.
2017-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules